LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

Scenario: Keenan Allen falls to #31

Scenario: Keenan Allen falls to #31

Originally posted by JD9671:
NO ! Move up for next years draft

Yes, because that will help them with trying to get back to the Superbowl in 2013..............
Originally posted by D-Money:
I answered No. I am a huge Pac-12 fan and college football fan. I hated it when we passed on Rodgers and D. Jackson and Vereen for that matter, cant remember if we even had a chance to select Lynch, but Cal has a proven track record for producing elite skill position players recently. And for that reason alone I would have to do double the homework on this kid if he were available at the 31 spot. But there a lot negatives about his game. First, his stats are boosted because his half brother threw to him on over 60% of pass plays even if he was doubled. Second he doesn't too much after the catch. Third, he is not seen as having elite size or speed. Last, and probably of most important to our management is he when he was hurt, the severity of it was question and it's assumed he didn't come back early to play so he was ready for the draft.
In the end, I'm passing on him as I would rather have Dobson form Marshall assuming Patterson from Tenn is gone. Dobson's route running and hands remind me of Crabtree, everyone thinks we need someone to have a different skill set from Crabtree, but I'd rather have a player just like him or very similar to him on the other side.

Damn, you REALLY have a bad perception of the guy. You don't think him breaking the school record for career receptions had anything to do with being a bonified 5-star talent? Even if he was doubled he was still catching balls. His brother's crappy throws allowed him to show his ability to adjust to a throw and make unorthodox catches. Doesn't do much after the catch? You need to watch more tape. 6'3" is pretty damn good size, and im sure his speed is in the 4.5 range (what was Jerry's 40 again?). By the way, even if your last point is true, Cla had NOTHING to play for, so that doesn't bother me at all.

If you want someone similar to Crabtree, Allen is your guy

D-Line
Draft him then trade him to the Jets for Revis

END THREAD
Draft Allen and trade crabtree+alex smith to the vikings for percy harvin and a late pick LOL
Originally posted by 228niner:
Draft Allen and trade crabtree+alex smith to the vikings for percy harvin and a late pick LOL

you NEVER trade an established #1 WR like Crabtree for a rookie with his potential. I know you were kidding, but still
f**k yeah

this dude killed it without a decent qb in college

imagine what he could with with Kaep, Smith, or even Tolzien.
ONly if he's the bpa.

I wish we could acquire someone like Mike Wallace.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
ONly if he's the bpa.

Mike Wallace is 6'0", 199lbs
AJ Jenkings is 6'0", 192lbs

I'm not saying that similar build means similar production, but Jenkins supposedly is a fast little dude himself (4.39 40), and it's just too early to give up on him given the investment
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 228niner:

you NEVER trade an established #1 WR like Crabtree for a rookie with his potential. I know you were kidding, but still

Yea it was a joke, I love my crabs and wouldn't trade him for the world

Originally posted by pdizo916:
ONly if he's the bpa.

Are you serious? I don't want any piece of that walking, non-blocking, non-selling, contact-ducking pile of garbage. Apparently neither do the Steelers. He's got a big head, is looking for way too much money and can't function in an offense that requires him to do anything but "go deep."
If Allen is better value than the best 3-4 DE or NT then yes I would take him. I would probably try to trade down first though.
no we need D help
I'd rather have one of the top "bigs" to fortify the DL...there's a higher degree of likelihood a blue-chip DL will be productive considerably sooner than a young WR.
Really depends on where he's ranked on their board because that's all that matters. If Allen is high on the 49ers board and he drops to them at #31, you definitely pick him. They have plenty of picks and might have even more after trading Smith to move back in to the early/mid 2nd to get a top d-lineman, so I don't see an issue with it.
Share 49ersWebzone