LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Shamarko Thomas-S-Syracuse

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Wow. Never seen anyone outrun their own feet before....

I like the Bob Sanders type safeties. I liked Ahmad Black in the last draft (or was 2 years ago). I wouldn't mind using a later mid pick on this guy. But I don't think drafting him will solve our safety depth issues....

True. I think Phoenix is suggesting we draft him as a 5th safety/special teams guy. As I mentioned earlier, he could fill the role Colin Jones did in 2011. Darcel McBath didn't do such a great job in that role this past year.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
True. I think Phoenix is suggesting we draft him as a 5th safety/special teams guy. As I mentioned earlier, he could fill the role Colin Jones did in 2011. Darcel McBath didn't do such a great job in that role this past year.

This. He'd make for an ideal gunner, hell even his name sounds cool. I truly hope that the coaching staff realized their mistake in giving short shrift to special teams, especially considering how many times they got lit up on big returns this past season. I hope they dedicate more attention to special teams as a whole, beyond looking for another kicker.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

This. He'd make for an ideal gunner, hell even his name sounds cool. I truly hope that the coaching staff realized their mistake in giving short shrift to special teams, especially considering how many times they got lit up on big returns this past season. I hope they dedicate more attention to special teams as a whole, beyond looking for another kicker.

If he's being drafted for that role, and we draft a legitimate starter prospect earlier in the draft I'm fine with it. But I think if that's the case we'd probably want to wait until the 6th.

We do have a couple of developmental safeties already... (Michael Thomas and Michael Robinson [is that right?]).
Originally posted by curtyniner:

lulz
Snipered. Dude 8 it 8/10
I wanna see some one do that in a game.....oh yeah haha

Originally posted by curtyniner:

Sniper!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Shaniqua - Marco

Shamarko... part mexican... mexicans cant play football. dont want.
wtf kind of name is shamarko?

won't succeed in the nfl with that name.

pass.
  • mod
  • Veteran
shamarko doe
My doctor's name is Shamarko.

His name is Da'Rick Datone. Great surgeon.

Originally posted by modninerfan:
shamarko doe

Reminds me of Shark.....that's what this dude plays like, just tears s**t up.
If you watch the clip closely, I think he's proven he can stick his foot in the dirt and make a sudden change of direction...
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone