LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 341 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Hunt is the guy that I really like if Patterson is no longer there.. I dont care how old he is, it's obvious that it took him all these years to develope.. nothing we can do about it now...

Balmer never developed, so what the heck.. ???

Age is not a concern for me with Hunt. Its more that he tends to disappear to often in film to be worthy of a top 50 pick. Yes he has freaky measurables and athletic talent and will probably do well for himself in the combine, but you don't draft someone that high based on that. Especially if your a team like the 49ers how have so many picks to play with. Not saying the shouldn't draft him. If they like him and want him, than they should go hard after him. Just feel their is about 6 pure DLineman (not including rush LBs) who a better
Quinton Patton. With all due respect I hope he runs a freaking horrible 40, looks lost out there and drops into the early 3rd round.....
Hunt is the guy that I really like if Patterson is no longer there.. I dont care how old he is, it's obvious that it took him all these years to develope.. nothing we can do about it now...

Develop what? Its not just that he's 26 years old.......he's 26 years old and extremely raw. That's a scary concept for obvious reasons. You could end up with a guy who isn't ready to contribute as a full-time player until he's 28 or 29, and then within a few years he's basically ready to retire.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Develop what? Its not just that he's 26 years old.......he's 26 years old and extremely raw. That's a scary concept for obvious reasons. You could end up with a guy who isn't ready to contribute as a full-time player until he's 28 or 29, and then within a few years he's basically ready to retire.

AKA Brandon Weeden
Originally posted by bulldog54:
AKA Brandon Weeden

This. I understand if a guy is a beast right out of the box and is absolutely ready to go but Hunt is going to take some time to develop before he can be a regular contributor.....at 21...22.....that's fine...at 26, you're already behind the 8-ball at the get go.
Originally posted by bulldog54:
AKA Brandon Weeden

This. I understand if a guy is a beast right out of the box and is absolutely ready to go but Hunt is going to take some time to develop before he can be a regular contributor.....at 21...22.....that's fine...at 26, you're already behind the 8-ball at the get go.

just so we're clear, I'm agreeing with you. If you want to draft a project better off drafting someone like that BYU kid
Quinton Patton. With all due respect I hope he runs a freaking horrible 40, looks lost out there and drops into the early 3rd round.....

Agreed.
Didnt see a thread other than the countdown one. Anywho, measurements are starting to come in

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks I'm told Alabama OT DJ Fluker checked in at 339 lbs today. He was 355 at the Sr Bowl. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Chance Warmack checked in at 6'2 317 lbs. Smaller than expected but he did have 34 6/8 inch arms

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Menelik Watson checked in at 6'5 1/8 310 lbs. His arms were 34 inches. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Luke Joeckel 6'6 306 lbs 34 2/8 inch arms. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Jonathan Cooper 6'2 1/8 311 lbs. Lane Johnson 6'6 303. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher 6'7 1/4 306 lbs. Arm length 34 1/2. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Zach Ertz 6'5 249lbs. 31 3/4 inch arms. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Tyler Eifert 6'5 1/2 250 lbs. 33 1/8 inch arms. #NFLCombine

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks San Diego St TE Gavin Escobar 6'5 7/8 254 lbs. 33 5/8 inch arms.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Florida TE Jordan Reed 6'2 1/2 236 lbs. 33 inch arms.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Michigan St TE Dion Sims 6'4 7/8 262 lbs. 33 1/8 inch arms.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks Travis Kelce 6'4 7/8 255 lbs. 33 3/4 inch arms
Ertz>>Fleener IMO. Good size and more room to gain weight.

Dion Sims is intriguing.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ertz>>Fleener IMO. Good size and more room to gain weight.

Dion Sims is intriguing.

Ertz got some T-Rex arms

• buck
  • Veteran
NOT WORKING OUT

Matt Barkley
Keenan Allen
Kawann Short
Jarvis Jones
Originally posted by buck:
NOT WORKING OUT

Matt Barkley
Keenan Allen
Kawann Short
Jarvis Jones

was there a reason why the bolded players decided not to work out?
Short pulled a hammy, Jones simply opted out. Jones' decision, to me, reeks of, "I am going to look average at the combine, so I shouldn't be there for the comparison".

Ertz's T-Rex arms, ala Giada De Laurentiis, not a good thing. I think some teams are going to move him down their boards. The rest of the TE class looks solid: Eifert, Kelce, Escobar, etc.

The top end of the OT board cleared all the initial measurable hurdles. Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson are virtual clones in the 6'6"-6'7", 305-310 area with 34 inch arms. Both guards at the top of the board: Warmack and Cooper, came in lighter than expected, as did DJ Fluker, who has nearly 37" arms. Looks like all of them are taking the process seriously.

Travis Frederick, who most consider the top center in this class, also came in at 6'4", 312, with 33" arms, all fine measurables for an interior lineman. Barret Jones came in nicely at 6'4", 306, and 34 inch arms, making him attractive at nearly all positions across the OL.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM ]
Is 31.75 inch arms really that short? I think eifert is clearly better but drills are going to make or break a TE stock.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Jones' decision, to me, reeks of, "I am going to look average at the combine, so I shouldn't be there for the comparison".

You had Jones #2 in your first board; #12 on the second.

Does his not participating in the combine, drop him further down the board?
Share 49ersWebzone