There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Post Senior Bowl Big 100 Board

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I was really hoping that Jesse Williams or Floyd would fall to the Niners but it seems unlikely. Williams probably is the better chance

To me, seems unlikely, but you never know.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Sheldon Richardson won't stray too far from the top ten, it would've been nice to have three Missouri guys on the front line.

Productive, hard working, good team guy, talented. I think he is going to rise big time.
Somebody to add to this defense is going to be available at #32. There are some good defensive players in this draft. Nobody thought David DeCastro would be available in the 20's last year. Teams reach every year in the first round and good players fall who nobody thought would be available.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,537
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, surprised you still see Brandon Williams so low. With the week he had at the SR. Bowl, plus his size and the position he plays, you don't think he'll be in higher demand? Especially with NO (and possibly ATL switching to a 3-4), Indy new to the system, SF and PIT needing a new NT, and SD, WA, and a few others needing an upgrade at the position.

Surely could go higher. Here is what I saw this week. Smooth guy for someone so big. Dominated certain players, such as Brian Winters. But mixed on other matchups. Could end up mid second rounder. I just think he goes a little lower at this point.

I am certain that I am the biggest Brandon Williams advocate, but I agree with MD on his ranking.
At this point, he remains on the cusp of the 2nd to 3rd round.

Except for the first day, he did well at the Senior Bowl. He has moved up the board by about one full round--from 3rd/4th to 2nd/3rd.

Not bad for a D2 player,

If he does well at the combine, he will push into the middle of the second.

My guess is the bench press and the interviews will be critical for him.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, surprised you still see Brandon Williams so low. With the week he had at the SR. Bowl, plus his size and the position he plays, you don't think he'll be in higher demand? Especially with NO (and possibly ATL switching to a 3-4), Indy new to the system, SF and PIT needing a new NT, and SD, WA, and a few others needing an upgrade at the position.

Surely could go higher. Here is what I saw this week. Smooth guy for someone so big. Dominated certain players, such as Brian Winters. But mixed on other matchups. Could end up mid second rounder. I just think he goes a little lower at this point.

I am certain that I am the biggest Brandon Williams advocate, but I agree with MD on his ranking.
At this point, he remains on the cusp of the 2nd to 3rd round.

Except for the first day, he did well at the Senior Bowl. He has moved up the board by about one full round--from 3rd/4th to 2nd/3rd.

Not bad for a D2 player,

If he does well at the combine, he will push into the middle of the second.

My guess is the bench press and the interviews will be critical for him.

He is a self proclaimed work out freak, so I expect good bench numbers from him. And from the reported interviews, he seems pretty down to earth. I'd really like to see the Niners use some of their excessive number of later picks to move up in the second. I think there will still be some 1st round talent around mid 2nd and it'd be great to be able to be ensured the option to pick who they want (specifically Williams).
i think if we let Alex go we will draft a qb this year again.
Is there anyone from this qb pool that fits the Jim Harbaugh qb profile?
thanks
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Appreciate your efforts as always, MadDog. In regards to your top 20, I would like your reasoning behind the following three prospects.............Dion Jordan, Sharif Floyd and Ziggy Ansah. Jordan was especially surprising to me in the top 10. Your thoughts.......

Jordan is expected to perform off the charts at the combine and may have the highest upside of any player in the draft. I see a meteoric rise. Floyd is going to be attractive to both 43 and 34 defenses, as he is stout, has heavy hands, and is very athletic for a 300 pounder. I also see a big move up by him. As for Ansah, I commented earlier about his rise after the game.

Thanks for getting back. It will be interesting to see how your board changes after the Combine.
MD, based on your board, if the niners don't trade up or down, who would your 4 picks in the first 3 rounds be? In your perfect scenario, do we trade up/down?
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think if we let Alex go we will draft a qb this year again.
Is there anyone from this qb pool that fits the Jim Harbaugh qb profile?
thanks

What is the Jim Harbaugh profile?


If you're referring to someone similar to Kaepernick, then Matt Scott of Arizona would be a good choice as a raw, poor man's version in the 5th round.
Thanks a bunch Maddog. You and OTC do such a great job of educating me on this stuff. Love it.
there seems to be a significant gap between your #1 WR (Keenan Allen) and the rest of the WR's in this draft, is that because of where you think they'll be picked?
[ Edited by vrabbit on Jan 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
MD, you're on your own this year. I had no choice but to take a year off from this stuff. Way too much going on, so while I have tidbits of info I could provide on certain players, I'm just not going to be able to do what I have been doing. I most likely will not do any mocks this year.

Good luck, MD.
Man, that's too bad. I will miss your input.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think if we let Alex go we will draft a qb this year again.
Is there anyone from this qb pool that fits the Jim Harbaugh qb profile?
thanks

Sounds like crazy talk, but I could see the team take a QB as early as the fourth round. A guy that might fit for a third day pick? How about Aaron Rodgers little brother, Jordan, who played well for Vanderbilt. Smart, great bloodlines, can take off when needed, hard worker. Probably a sixth or seventh rounder.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think if we let Alex go we will draft a qb this year again.
Is there anyone from this qb pool that fits the Jim Harbaugh qb profile?
thanks

Sounds like crazy talk, but I could see the team take a QB as early as the fourth round. A guy that might fit for a third day pick? How about Aaron Rodgers little brother, Jordan, who played well for Vanderbilt. Smart, great bloodlines, can take off when needed, hard worker. Probably a sixth or seventh rounder.

How about Nick Florence from Baylor? He ran the read option very well as the successor to RG3........
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, based on your board, if the niners don't trade up or down, who would your 4 picks in the first 3 rounds be? In your perfect scenario, do we trade up/down?
I'd love to see the team move up to get Trufant, or Datone Jones. If down, maybe to target Jordan Poyer or Quinton Patton. I really like Jonathan Cyprien in the mid-late second as our future SS.