LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

MadDog's Post Senior Bowl Big 100 Board

The male version of the Holiday Season is in full bloom with the playoff and Super Bowl games, and the upcoming NFL Draft. Here is my first stab at the Big 100 Board, which will increase, as always, as time passes. My goal is to have a Big 150 board before the Combine and a Big 200 right after.

This Big Board is NOT A MOCK DRAFT. Sorry for having to put in bold for the vets who know how this works. Mock drafts are silly beyond the first handful of picks, since trading is a major part of the whole process. In fact, more than 1/3 of all picks will be traded, so it is better to project an area where a player might be selected, rather than an exact team at an exact spot, which is like plowing the sea. In a perfect world, I would hit on all players at all slots, like Chris Culliver at number 80 two years ago. That is not my goal, but rather a projected area where the player should fall.

With that disclaimer, as OTC will surely put on his postings, here is the Big 100. If my Excel Spreadsheet has played tricks on me, and you see Matt Barkley playing center for Rutgers, please let me know. That would obviously be hilarious...and inaccurate. I strive to spell correctly, so please help. The list of Jonathans, Johnthans, Johnathans still has my head spinning.

Finally, please add feedback, as I may be insane to leave off a favorite player or two. I will explain my rationale. Cheers.

1 Luke Joeckel Texas A&M OT
2 Jarvis Jones Georgia OLB
3 Star Lotulelei Utah DT
4 Geno Smith West Virginia QB
5 Sheldon Richardson Missouri DT
6 Bjoern Werner Florida St DE/OLB
7 Dee Milliner Alabama CB
8 Eric Fisher Central Michigan OT
9 Dion Jordan Oregon DE/OLB
10 Lane Johnson Oklahoma OT
11 Chance Warmack Alabama G
12 Sharrif Floyd Florida DT
13 Barkevious Mingo LSU OLB
14 Ezekiel Ansah BYU DE/OLB
15 Keenan Allen Cal WR
16 Johnathan Hankins Ohio St DT
17 Johnthan Banks Mississippi St CB
18 Kenny Vaccaro Texas S
19 Jesse Williams Alabama DT
20 Jonathan Cooper North Carolina G
21 Xavier Rhodes Florida St CB
22 Datone Jones UCLA DE
23 Alex Okafor Texas DE
24 Alec Ogletree Georgia LB
25 Matt Elam Florida S
26 Desmond Trufant Washington CB
27 Damontre Moore Texas A&M DE
28 Mike Glennon NC State QB
29 Eddie Lacy Alabama RB
30 Zach Ertz Stanford TE
31 DJ Fluker Alabama OT
32 Tyler Eifert Notre Dame TE
33 Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee WR
34 EJ Manuel Florida St QB
35 Tyler Wilson Arkansas QB
36 Kawann Short Purdue DT
37 DeAndre Hopkins Clemson WR
38 Matt Barkley USC QB
39 Sam Montgomery LSU DE/OLB
40 Jordan Poyer Oregon St CB
41 Markus Wheaton Oregon St WR
42 Giovani Bernard North Carolina RB
43 John Jenkins Georgia DT
44 Quinton Patton Louisiana Tech WR
45 David Amerson NC State CB
46 Kevin Minter LSU LB
47 Manti Te'o Notre Dame LB
48 Tavon Austin West Virginia WR
49 Robert Woods USC WR
50 Eric Reid LSU S
51 Sylvester Williams North Carolina DT
52 Phillip Thomas Fresno State S
53 David Quessenberry San Jose St G/OT
54 Stepfan Taylor Stanford RB
55 Jonathan Cyprien Florida International S
56 Vance McDonald Rice TE
57 Larry Warford Kentucky G
58 Khaseem Greene Rutgers LB
59 Aaron Dobson Marshall WR
60 Terrance Williams Baylor WR
61 Arthur Brown Kansas St LB
62 Travis Kelce Cincinnati TE
63 Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana CB
64 Brandon Williams Missouri Southern St DT
65 Akeem Spence Illinois DT
66 Leon McFadden San Diego St CB
67 Marquise Goodwin Texas WR
68 Landry Jones Oklahoma QB
69 Christine Michael Texas A&M RB
70 Barrett Jones Alabama C/G
71 Andre Ellington Clemson RB
72 Montee Ball Wisconsin RB
73 Tyler Bray Tennessee QB
74 Logan Ryan Rutgers CB
75 Travis Frederick Wisconsin C/G
76 Justin Hunter Tennessee WR
77 Margus Hunt SMU DE
78 David Bakhtiari Colorado OT
79 Ryan Nassib Syracuse QB
80 Oday Aboushi Syracuse G/OT
81 Malliciah Goodman Clemson DE
82 Jonathan Franklin UCLA RB
83 Joseph Randle Oklahoma State RB
84 Da'Rick Rogers Tennessee Tech WR
85 Zavier Gooden Missouri LB
86 Tavarres King Georgia WR
87 Mike Gilleslee Florida RB
88 Terron Armstead Arkansas Pine Bluff OT
89 Sio Moore Connecticut LB
90 BW Webb William and Mary CB
91 JJ Wilcox Georgia Southern S
92 TJ McDonald USC S
93 Cornelius Washington Georgia DE/OLB
94 Chris Faulk LSU OT
95 Kyle Long Oregon G/OT
96 Dion Sims Michigan St TE
97 Kevin Reddick North Carolina LB
98 Brian Schwenke Cal C
99 Jordan Mills Louisiana Tech OT
100 Bacarri Rambo Georgia S
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM ]
Okay I'll be the one to ask: Do you have Te'o slipping due to his scandal/publicity, or purely due to football and what you see transpiring throughout the process? I think this is the first time I've seen him not in the 10-20 range.
Warning: if you are in this thread to incite, personally attack, or troll, you'll be warned. Keep it civil. Thanks.
Using this list a projected first three rounds for the niners would be interesting:
Tyler Eifert TE
Brandon Williams DT/NT/DE
Bacarri Rambo S

I did have a question. It appears that Ezekiel Ansah was revealed at the Senior Bowl to be a raw project at best. Any reasons to continue to have him at #14?
Thanks MD
I'm surprised Geno Smith is so high on all the boards. Dude struggled for the last half of the year. I saw him play three times, and honestly he played like s**t. He struggled passing the ball... I guess its because of his potential
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm surprised Geno Smith is so high on all the boards. Dude struggled for the last half of the year. I saw him play three times, and honestly he played like s**t. He struggled passing the ball... I guess its because of his potential

How does his speed/athleticism compare to Alex Smith?
  • buck
  • Veteran
You have Donte Jones at 22 and Damontre Moore at 27.

That just seems too low for Moore.

It is that a mistake?
[ Edited by buck on Jan 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
You have Donte Jones at 22 and Damontre Moore at 27.

That just seems too low for Moore.

It is that a mistake?

Wondering the same thing myself, what about Moore dont you like that he has dropped so far? Allot of services are pretty high on him.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Good point about the apparent decline in Smith's game in the last half of the season.

But, as I understand it this list is not a ranking of a player by talent. It is a projection of where a player will be drafted.

For, example I do not think of the quarterbacks in this draft are 1st round talents, but it is almost certain that some team is going to reach for a QB.

I could see Geno Smith being drafted in the top 10.
Originally posted by buck:

Good point about the apparent decline in Smith's game in the last half of the season.

But, as I understand it this list is not a ranking of a player by talent. It is a projection of where a player will be drafted.

For, example I do not think of the quarterbacks in this draft are 1st round talents, but it is almost certain that some team is going to reach for a QB.

I could see Geno Smith being drafted in the top 10.

The Raiders are enamored with Smith.

Appreciate your efforts as always, MadDog. In regards to your top 20, I would like your reasoning behind the following three prospects.............Dion Jordan, Sharif Floyd and Ziggy Ansah. Jordan was especially surprising to me in the top 10. Your thoughts.......
Do you think the Niners need more help at NT or DE?

Who would be our best choice for NT?

Who do you see as the most likely replacement for Justin Smith in this group? Is there anyone even close?
If he is available Cordarrelle Patterson should be our pick. However, I bet he blows up the combine and is off the board by our pick
Is Trufant that high on everyone's boards? I didn't think he was really a stand out.
Originally posted by jta854:
If he is available Cordarrelle Patterson should be our pick. However, I bet he blows up the combine and is off the board by our pick

He's the kind of raw project player I would love to have after the 3rd, but he'll get drafted too high based on potential.
Share 49ersWebzone