There are 159 users in the forums

WRs in the 2013 draft

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
What about Aaron Dobson. Height, willing blocker and strong hands like Crabtree. Strong hands are important with Kaepernick throwing.

Had one helluva good week at Senior Bowl practice. He looked as good or better than T. Williams, who is considered a player to go much earlier in the draft
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
DaRick Rogers Tenn. Tech is a big physical WR who is a first round talent but slipping because of off the field issues. Played at Tennessee but was kicked off the team and landed at Tenn. Tech.

Agree. Rogers is arguably the best in the draft at WR. Big dude with strong hands and a ton of speed. Again, though, off the field issues make me question whether he'd be effective. Even with the baggage he's worth a late 2nd or early 3rd
Quinton Patton is still my favorite and the Senior Bowl practices thus far have only exposed all the good things that I love about his game. Just a great team guy, a natural leader, hard-worker, outstanding character, great route runner with quickness, eager blocker and terrific hands as well. He would be my pick in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Both Seattle and the Rams will be looking at WR's and the offensive line, those two teams will only get tougher

I also favor the shotgun approach when it comes to drafting WR, just draft a whole bunch of them and things will work themselves out. Green Bay has been regularly drafting WR's and that has allowed their receiving corps to remain so explosive.

The Rams are broke.
I want Swope to play the slot, and Rogers for the outside. Roll into next year with Crabs, Rogers, Swope, Rio, Williams and Jenkins. I think Moss retires if we win next Sunday, and I dont like the idea of counting on both Williams and Rio to come back from the injuries on time for the start of the season.
Marlon Brown? Anybody watch him before his injury? 6' 41/2", 230, 4.5-4.6. Senior year: 17.4 yards avg. per catch. Career: 55 catches, 15.5 avg. per catch.
I noticed no one really wants Robert Woods, why is that?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

most of us want a WR with size
I'd love to trade up for Keenan Allen, he's got the best hands, great cuts but I want the explosive jukes Cordarrelle Patterson and/or Tavon Austin possess.

Size helps...great players seem to slip in the draft ala MJD, Sproles, K. Hunter, L. James....I hope Tavon Austin falls to us in the 2nd round
Woods isn't as flashy and doesn't get as much separation as some of the other receivers.

I would scream my guts out if Baalke took a receiver in the 1st again, if they need to add one plenty of good ones will be available in the 3rd (or late 2nd if they want it that bad). It would be incredibly negligent to take one in the 1st with so many good defensive lineman and secondary players available. Don't forget we have a QB who can make his receivers better now, we don't need bigtime WRs to win it all, just a solid group is all we need.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

most of us want a WR with size

And basically because USC receivers are horrible in the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would like to see Justin Hunter in red and gold, but for his lack of work I don't think I would spend a 1st round pick on him. Also would love to see Ryan Swope and Conner Vernon in red and gold.

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Feb 15, 2013 at 6:04 AM ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

From all the receivers I've seen, Cordarelle looks the best. Although I believe he will be long gone before the Niners pick. If the team doesnt get him, they should look for a slot receiver, instead of a 2nd receiver. I havent seen enough video, but from the other names mentioned in this thread, each of them either lack the explosiveness/acceleration or the brute force catching ability that someone like Boldin shows. I'd like to hear more names that people think fit that mold.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Quinton Patton is still my favorite and the Senior Bowl practices thus far have only exposed all the good things that I love about his game. Just a great team guy, a natural leader, hard-worker, outstanding character, great route runner with quickness, eager blocker and terrific hands as well. He would be my pick in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

yup - he does look good. 2nd or 3rd would be perfect for him
Share 49ersWebzone