There are 207 users in the forums

quarterback prospects in round 3 area

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Anybody watching bridgewater lighting up florida?

#1 QB in 2014?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by fister30:
Anybody watching bridgewater lighting up florida?

#1 QB in 2014?

Don't know where he will be drafted or if he is coming out next year.

http://vod.espn.go.com/motion/gamecast/pio/2013/0102/330020057_330020057128_272p30_448k.mp4

His best play so far wont be able to be seen again unless you have tape. His first pass was deep over the corner on the other side of the WR with the safety coming to help. It was caught but the WR didn't get his feet in bounds. His WR was covered but the ball dropped into the WR hands in a perfect spot. This kid has touch.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
no way we waste a 3rd rounder on a QB when we have Kap and a solid backup in Tolzien
Originally posted by sfout:
#1 QB in 2014?

I love seeing Florida.implode. :)

#1 pick fo sho
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no way we waste a 3rd rounder on a QB when we have Kap and a solid backup in Tolzien

100% agree.
I think the Niners have far too many needs to draft a QB in the 3rd. Defense needs to be the focus in the first 4 rounds ( along with a WR)
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the Niners have far too many needs to draft a QB in the 3rd. Defense needs to be the focus in the first 4 rounds ( along with a WR)

I agree here. Anywhere on the defense, WR or maybe a RB... Can't really go wrong accept drafting a QB who might cost a special teams type guy a roster spot because of numbers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well as of right now, we are all over the place with all college prospects. But I think Wilsons stock may have dropped a bit due to all his bad decisions this year and inconsistency. But hes got all the tools IMO, to be a solid NFL starter. With Alex Smith gone, I'd probably take another QB in the 2nd, which would pretty much be the 3rd round. But that's if a Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones or maybe even Tyler Bray. But my QB man-crush is Mike Glennon but it looks like he'll be way outta reach according to numerous draft sites grading him as a 1st round pick.

Way too early IMO, especially with the 49ers having 2 young QB's already. Taking a QB that early means now you're not drafting a cornerback, a WR, a DT, a DE at that spot, all far bigger needs at this point. A QB in Round 4 and lower, fine, but I hope they use picks on people who will contribute right off the bat as this team is terribly lacking depth a variety of positions. If Harbaugh is convinced that Kaepernick is the guy, then he'll have at least another 2 seasons to prove it, drafting a 3rd string quarterback isn't going to get this team to the Superbowl any faster.

Your most likely right, I'm just thinking of the way Baalke and Harbaugh worked the draft. They drafted for players that would help them down the line, for instance when the took LaMichael James when we already had Gore, Hunter, Jacobs and Dixon. I wasn't expecting James to make any kind of impact until someone got hurt or a couple years from now. But Hunter went down and it was lucky we drafted James. Same with drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't expect that QB to make any kind of impact but sit and learn like Kaepernick did. There are no guarantees with Tolzien either even though I like what I saw in him. The QB position is probably thee most important one on any team and we all saw what happens when that position isn't stable, see Chiefs, Cards, Raiders, Jaguars and Eagles. Of course this is just my opinion but would hate to fall into the situations that we had in the past, also there are no vets I would wanna bring in either.
They'd be better of bringing back Josh Johnson than using a draft pick on a rookie QB.
Brad Sorensen, BYU transfer playing in the FCS. Guy has a cannon arm, he is limited though. Pure pocket passer, played small school competition as well. He cannot run to save his life either but in terms of pure arm talent, he can make all the throws but is bright enough where he just doesn't rely on his arm to bail him out of trouble. He is a cool customer too, saw him play a little bit and his composure is excellent. Obviously the comparisons to Flacco will be there as the next solid QB coming out of a small non-BCS school. As players I would say that they're not so different either.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone think Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson will be around in the 3rd or 4th rounds?? I think 3rd would be the lowest IMO.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I don't think Tyler Wilson will be around. Scouts had him as a 1st rd. last year. I don't think they would fault him too much for having a PIMP for a coach and a substitute coach that's in Lala land.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I don't think Tyler Wilson will be around. Scouts had him as a 1st rd. last year. I don't think they would fault him too much for having a PIMP for a coach and a substitute coach that's in Lala land.

Yea Wilson will be gone before the 45th pick. Jones flat out looks like a day 2 QB I think he'd be there for our 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by titan:

That triggers some bad.feelings. Petrino ruined.our season and john lsmith.was the icing on the cake. Poor wilson got a s**tty deal this season but he's going to go in the 1st none the less hes the second best qb in this draft.

I really don't think.we should.draft a Qb anywhere in the first three rds?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Felt bad for those kids! Loaded with talent, but got a useless substitute! There are some good pickin of players that may go unnoticed cause of the terrible season.
Share 49ersWebzone