LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Well guess we need to have this talk again!

Since Alex won't be on this team next season at 8+ million for a backup! Who do we get to backup colin in the draft? Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn. So who shall we be looking at in the draft at QB?
If we indeed let Alex go, we'll have Tolzien and probably sign Josh Johnson.
don't really mind having Tolzien as the #2 based on what I've seen from his last couple of preseason's. I'd take a QB on day 3.
Tolzien is very good in the #2 role.

The real question should be. who will #3 be.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Since Alex won't be on this team next season at 8+ million for a backup! Who do we get to backup colin in the draft? Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn. So who shall we be looking at in the draft at QB?

OMG.

Next generation qb controversy.

Let me out of here.
Johnny football!!!

obviously not this year..but a couple of drafts down the road...
[ Edited by 9erguy on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]
we might spend a 7th on a QB for TC competition but yea i agree with SF69ers...we will but tolzien in the #2 spot and sign josh johnson
  • Dang
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

What evidence do we have of this? Did he get some playing time last year? Thanks.
Originally posted by Dang:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

What evidence do we have of this? Did he get some playing time last year? Thanks.

what evidence did we have of Kaepernick being able to be a starter at this point in the season?
Why are people so sure that tolzien will be a good backup if he hasnt had a regular season snap? Maybe we should bring a veteran to mentor kap. When is Shaun Hill a free agent?

• Dang
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
what evidence did we have of Kaepernick being able to be a starter at this point in the season?

So you agree that Tolzien is "very good" in the #2 role or your just changing the subject?
Tolzien, and an UDFA to sit on the squad.
Backup QBs are usually aplenty. I'm sure we can grab a Brady Quinn type for a bargain. Not too worried about it.
Originally posted by Dang:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

So you agree that Tolzien is "very good" in the #2 role or your just changing the subject?

Yes I agree, care to say why you disagree?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Tolzien is a good QB. I live in Wisconsin and watched him play with the Badgers. He has some skills and I think he could be a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone