There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dennard Robinson???

dude can't even tie his shoes
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Reminds me a lot of Armanti Edwards, and not in a good way, at least for his prospects in the NFL anyway.

this

That's exactly who I thought of right away lol
i dont want him but I wouldnt be mad if we picked him I guess
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Randall Cobb

I'd definetily take a look.

Great example! Only sorry I did not think of it myself... shoulda included it in opening Post! High five tjd808185!

Seems like too much of a project to take on. Especially barring a potential outcome of a Dexter McCluster at best. We already have a utility player in LaMichael James.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Randall Cobb

Great example! Only sorry I did not think of it myself... shoulda included it in opening Post! High five tjd808185!

Seems like too much of a project to take on. Especially barring a potential outcome of a Dexter McCluster at best. We already have a utility player in LaMichael James.
We're going to have 13 picks next year. We can afford to take a shot at a raw but supremely talented athlete in Robinson in the mid to late rounds.
If he falls to the 6th or 7th round sure otherwise no
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We're going to have 13 picks next year. We can afford to take a shot at a raw but supremely talented athlete in Robinson in the mid to late rounds.

true true, only a 6th or 7th though... see if he has anything in mini camps
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

true true, only a 6th or 7th though... see if he has anything in mini camps
I might even go up to a 5th if he looks good at the WR and RB drills at the combine etc. and would definitely use a 5th if his nerve thing is improving.
Randall Cobb

Wouldn't take my chances with a 5th. Anything after that would be fine, I'd rather package those picks and trade up or out of this draft for higher picks next year. I wouldn't doubt it if they did both and take after the Patriots strategy.
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
Ha! I was thinking of making a dennard Robinson post too!

Another benefit of him: 3rd string QB in 2013+ (assuming Alex leaves).

A lot of teams only carry two QBs. So we would get a free roster spot!
Randall Cobb

i think i'd rather use those picks to maneuver up. the roster is full and we'd just end up picking up camp fodders. jmho

anybody remember Pat White
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

difference is Denard wont be picked in the 2nd and he wont be expected to be a 2nd string QB, let alone a starting QB.....
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:

difference is Denard wont be picked in the 2nd and he wont be expected to be a 2nd string QB, let alone a starting QB.....
Robinson would be a waste, an utter waste to draft. The gimmick works in college, not the NFL.
Josh Johnson 2.0
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Josh Johnson 2.0

not sure if serious????

Johnson was one of the most talented collegiate QBs ever. Denard is just an athlete and nothing more, his throwing motion is just as ugly as Tebow's. I'm not necessarily in favor of taking Denard but if he falls to the 5th I would consider it as he could be at minimum our emergency QB as well as WR/RB/KR and he would be good in read options with LMJ. Easily see Harbaugh liking him as #3 QB especially if he can fill 3 other jobs.

Also even though Roman's trickeration is one of the things I hate the most I could see one hell of a problematic formation with Kaepernick, James, and Robinson on the field at the same time especially if you add in Jenkins and Manningham who are capable of hitting big runs on fly sweeps or going deep.