LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Dennard Robinson???

If this was the mid 2000's, anyone even mentioning his name in this forum would say WTF? He could be Rasheed Marshall ver 2.0. (Remember him?)
I'll pass, there's no shortage of actual WR's who have played in the slot to to take on a poor man's version of Kordell Stewart.
Robinson's ability to run routes and be a hands catcher is the big question mark for me. The Niners don't really have a "water bug" or Wes Welker type slot receiver at this point. I really like Williams, but he's not that electric, make people miss type player.

I'd be interested in taking Robinson as a project, but not until the late 3rd or early 4th at the earliest. I think he'll likely be gone by then though. I do agree that seeing him line up in the pistol with Kaep and James would be interesting though. Then they could run some type of option or even motion him out.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
Robinson's ability to run routes and be a hands catcher is the big question mark for me. The Niners don't really have a "water bug" or Wes Welker type slot receiver at this point. I really like Williams, but he's not that electric, make people miss type player.

I'd be interested in taking Robinson as a project, but not until the late 3rd or early 4th at the earliest. I think he'll likely be gone by then though. I do agree that seeing him line up in the pistol with Kaep and James would be interesting though. Then they could run some type of option or even motion him out.

Robinson is going to prepare and play as a WR for the senior bowl, as an RB he looked "great" but the senior bowl is going to be huge for his chances in the NFL.
Running the triple option with Kaep, Kendall/LMJ and Denard would be fun to watch for sure. I'd rather Kaep not carry the ball all too much though.
Too many small guys already.

IMO, we need a Gore Type clone. Frank the Tank has maybe 3 years left of quality ball.
As a running back he's a complete no to me. Too frail and very inadequate pass blocker right now.

I'm really only interested in him if he can fill a Reggie Cobb role.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
As a running back he's a complete no to me. Too frail and very inadequate pass blocker right now.

I'm really only interested in him if he can fill a Reggie Cobb role.

You mean Randall Cobb
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Michigan Football ‏@michiganfball

Denard Robinson ready to play any position in NFL (The Associated Press): ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Denard Robins... http://yhoo.it/13Joa2E
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Too many small guys already.

IMO, we need a Gore Type clone. Frank the Tank has maybe 3 years left of quality ball.

That is the best part. We have a huge mauling offensive line and we can shoot cannos out of the backfield.

Originally posted by sfout:
You mean Randall Cobb

Yeah definitely not Reggie Cobb, he works for the 49ers already.

http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/reggie-cobb/13932938-039a-4405-a3a7-4bc7dd13f1c7

Although they could use someone with the size of Reggie.......dude was kind of a tank in college, very physical runner.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Michigan Football ‏@michiganfball

Denard Robinson ready to play any position in NFL (The Associated Press): ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Denard Robins... http://yhoo.it/13Joa2E

How's his leg look from about 52 yards out?????
Share 49ersWebzone