LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2013 Defensive Line Prospects (DE, DT, and NT)

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by eonblue:
His bowl game was dominance on every level.

Whose bowl game are you talking about?

I assume you mean Hunt's, but I am not sure.

He's talking about Ansah...and he's right.
What about Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern? He's not a big school guy but I think he has what it takes to compete with top school talent. Maybe he'll impress during pre-draft and a team will give him a chance. I think he could be a solid guy in the NFL.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:

No. He was talking about Hunt.

Yes Margus Hunt he played Fresno State in the Sheraton bowl. It was quite a performance.

Originally posted by bigwads:

Hunt had a ridiculous game. I don't remember the stat line, but he was unblockable. He had a couple sacks, a safety, and spent the whole night in the backfield. He was completely dominant. He could step on the field this Sunday and play well. He's raw, but a physical freak and plays very smart. Justin Smith could turn this kid into an All-Pro.

Ansah, was mostly double teamed and taken out of the game. Van Noy was the star of the Poinsettia Bowl. Ansah is a beast, but he doesn't have the production to match his talent. He only has a handful of starts (~7) in his career. He is raw, but it's not going to stop GMs from pullin the trigger early.
Just watched the youtube of Short... He looks quick when he stunts and he looks good at separating himself from the blocker on pass plays. But most of his tackles for loss come from him stunting. As many tackles for losses the other teams probably have gashed running plays through his area. He doesn't look that good at holding leverage when necessary. The kid will probably go to a 4-3 defense that allows their DTs to stunt all of the time. Not sure if he will be effective as a 3-4 DE. And Jenkings was manhandled in the video that was posted on page one. Maybe that was a bad game for him but he was constantly pushed back into his linebackers.
Originally posted by fister30:
Just watched the youtube of Short... He looks quick when he stunts and he looks good at separating himself from the blocker on pass plays. But most of his tackles for loss come from him stunting. As many tackles for losses the other teams probably have gashed running plays through his area. He doesn't look that good at holding leverage when necessary. The kid will probably go to a 4-3 defense that allows their DTs to stunt all of the time. Not sure if he will be effective as a 3-4 DE. And Jenkings was manhandled in the video that was posted on page one. Maybe that was a bad game for him but he was constantly pushed back into his linebackers.

Short is a 4-3 DT all the way, not sure why people keep bringing him up for a potential 3-4 position.
Count one out...

@WesRucker247: Mammoth Vols nose guard Daniel McCullers — all 6-8, 360 pounds of him — just confirmed he's returning for his senior season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fister30:

Short is a 4-3 DT all the way, not sure why people keep bringing him up for a potential 3-4 position.

And Justin Smith was a 4-3 DE at one time, its about what the coaches can mold Short into.
NVM
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Needs to bulk up for 3-4 but this guy for 2014 @ DE

What the hell is this in here for? If anything, he'd be a 3-4 OLB.

I thought I seen him somewhere listed at 265... Figured he gain about 15 pounds and be listed as a DE prospect.

edit ahhhh nevermind It was 256...
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
I thought I seen him somewhere listed at 265... Figured he gain about 15 pounds and be listed as a DE prospect.

Plus this is a DT thread, .
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Well I realized that but saw people were still talking DE prospects as well. I will just erase this all together because I failed at it lol.

Well I realized that but saw people were still talking DE prospects as well. I will just erase this all together because I failed at it lol.

I'm just kidding though man. No biggie, I haven't posted in the thread, so I shouldn't be saying anything, lol.

Well, I guess you can just lump them together in here. Like some players fit better at DE or DT depending on the scheme. (4-3 vs. 3-4, etc...) I'll fix it.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone