LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

2013 Defensive Line Prospects (DE, DT, and NT)

Originally posted by PTulini:
With so many draft picks we could trade up to get him if necessary.

Maybe but I don't know if its really necessary. I really think that a good pick will fall to us. I don't think its worth trading up for D linemen when the class is heavy with them. I would rather we unload some picks for some early round picks in 2014.
Originally posted by cools:
Before we even get to the draft, I'd like the Niners to resign Sopo and Francois

then add a 3-4 DE type via the draft, I like S.Floyd, Florida with our first pick

Thats alot to invest in the DL, but i think its worth it

Let Dobbs and Tuku walk, not sure about Ian Williams

I would love that in a perfect world, but only a little over $1mil under the cap. That isn't going to happen, my best guess is soapy walks and we keep RJF. I also see AS gone or traded, DG is most likely gone, won't be able to afford his salary either. Unless we convince Carlos to take a pay cut for such a horrible performance this year. We really blew our cap wad this year to win a SB I think because we was so close, doesn't even look like we will get to the NFCCG this year with our wwl record this year.
Originally posted by colo9er:
Originally posted by cools:
Before we even get to the draft, I'd like the Niners to resign Sopo and Francois

then add a 3-4 DE type via the draft, I like S.Floyd, Florida with our first pick

Thats alot to invest in the DL, but i think its worth it

Let Dobbs and Tuku walk, not sure about Ian Williams

I would love that in a perfect world, but only a little over $1mil under the cap. That isn't going to happen, my best guess is soapy walks and we keep RJF. I also see AS gone or traded, DG is most likely gone, won't be able to afford his salary either. Unless we convince Carlos to take a pay cut for such a horrible performance this year. We really blew our cap wad this year to win a SB I think because we was so close, doesn't even look like we will get to the NFCCG this year with our wwl record this year.

Goldson will probably be tagged.
Richardson does not fit the 34 at all.

Sylvester and Short are good end and NG prospects.

Williams and Floyd are great DE prospects.

Star is way out of each, but he is not nearly as good a prospect as Ngata, Raji or Wilfork were.

Jenkins just flat outv sucks. I have no ides why he is even in the discussion. He reminds me of Branch from Michigan a few years ago. He plays like a sumo wrestler.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:56 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I want Brandon Williams for Missouri Southern in the third.

He is 6-2 320

Division II National Defensive Player of the Year

Only third player to earn three straight AFCA Division II All-America honors.

He has been invited to the Senior Bowl.

In 2012, he had 8.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL, 62 tackles, 5 forced fumbles, 2 passes broken up and 7 quarterback hurries.

For his college career, he had 27 sacks, 50.5 TFL, 185 tackles, 6 forced fumbles, 14 passes broken up, and17 quarterback hurries.

At defensive end I like Floyd in the 1st, Margus Hunt in the 2nd/3rd, and Kapron Lewis-Moore in the 6th.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM ]
If we were going to trade up for a player, I'd say it would have to be Margus Hunt. He's all over the board right now, but once the workouts begin he'll skyrocket to the top 15. This guy is going to be a monster on Sundays and could turnout to be the best D-lineman in the draft.

My draft crushes are Hunt and Ansah. With all these extra pick, I hope we can land one of these guys. I hope a lot of junior start declaring to push some talent down to us at #32.
Originally posted by strickac:
If we were going to trade up for a player, I'd say it would have to be Margus Hunt. He's all over the board right now, but once the workouts begin he'll skyrocket to the top 15. This guy is going to be a monster on Sundays and could turnout to be the best D-lineman in the draft.

My draft crushes are Hunt and Ansah. With all these extra pick, I hope we can land one of these guys. I hope a lot of junior start declaring to push some talent down to us at #32.

Much rather would have Ansah over Hunt.....who is extremely raw, going to be 26 years old with very little football under his belt, I think people are falling in love more with his physical attributes and potential than his actual performance on the field.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Much rather would have Ansah over Hunt.....who is extremely raw, going to be 26 years old with very little football under his belt, I think people are falling in love more with his physical attributes and potential than his actual performance on the field.

His bowl game was dominance on every level.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Sylvester Williams woot

You know what people will say if we draft another D-lineman from UNC.

Yes.....OHHHHH NOOOO!!! If no one will say it I will. Please no more UNC D-lineman. They have been busting around the NFL.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Both Margus Hunt and Ezekiel Ansah came to the US to compete in track and field.
Hunt a discus thrower; Ansah a sprinter.

Hunt has played football for four years.

In four years, he has 15.5 sacks, 28 TFL,109 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 7quarterback hurries.
He also has 7 passes defended—I interception and 6 passes broken up.
He has 17 blocks.

Ezekiel Ansah has played football for three years.

In three years, he has 4.5 sacks, 13 TFL, 69 tackles, 7 quarterback hurries, and 1 forced fumble.
He also has 11 passes defended—1 interception and 10 passes broken up.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
His bowl game was dominance on every level.

Whose bowl game are you talking about?

I assume you mean Hunt's, but I am not sure.
Yes Margus Hunt he played Fresno State in the Sheraton bowl. It was quite a performance.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM ]
Yes Margus Hunt he played Fresno State in the Sheraton bowl. It was quite a performance.

Hawaii Bowl*
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Hawaii Bowl*

He had a coming out party too. He's been playing for such a short time. It's crazy to imagine how good he could be with a pro training staff and another 10 lbs of muscle.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Hawaii Bowl*

Its callrd the Sheraton Hawaii bowl so badically the same thing

He had a coming out party too. He's been playing for such a short time. It's crazy to imagine how good he could be with a pro training staff and another 10 lbs of muscle.

I know hes so raw but he rushes like a natural his physique would easily make up for the weight he lacks but he hasn't even reached his peak potental mentally or physically. Give him 2 years and we have an elite pass rushing DE and well if we dont everyone will be able to say hes.to old and we told ya so.
Share 49ersWebzone