LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

***Marcus Davis WR VaTech Bandwagon of Greatness***

• sfout
  • Veteran
So I've been dying to see what this kid can do in a larger role after seeing what he did last year and despite Logan Thomas' erratic play Davis has come up huge for the Hokies so far this season. Reportedly measures at 6'4" 235, has a supposed 40 time in the 4.4s, and a supposed FORTY TWO INCH VERTICAL(at least according to the announcer in the "no catch" video) -- We are looking at an off season that we will more then likely "lose" Ted Ginn and Moss, leaving us with 2 new holes in our WR corp to fill. We dont need another superstar just a legitimate situational threat that has potential to develop into a total package and Davis looks like he could all that Harbaugh is asking of Moss and more.

All aboard the Marcus Davis Bandwagon!!!! The more the merrier!!!!

Tons of highlights of him, included that last one because hey it was ruled a catch and despite the bad editing its hard to tell if the ball actually moved. Guy seems like a standup kind of person in the interview, granted it is a small sample of it but it is great to hear him talk playing for the team and being humble and hungry for playing time.

Anyone else hope they hear "49ers select Davis with the ??? pick" this April?!?
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Alex Smith
Justin Smith
Aldon Smith

Vernon Davis
Anthony Davis
Marcus Davis

Sickening.
He's in my mock.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's in my mock.

I know damn scouts going to so many VaTech games, its driving me mad because of how many prospects they have on that team. Its getting my hopes up that we might be looking into him.

Originally posted by Ether:
Alex Smith
Justin Smith
Aldon Smith

Vernon Davis
Anthony Davis
Marcus Davis

Sickening.

lol thats what I said in another thread. This way Davis could be the Smith and we could load up a bunch of 'em
no moar WRs
His name is Davis! LOCK!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no moar WRs

U cray
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no moar WRs

U cray

Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, Manningham and...
yeahh, def dont need more recievers smh. We' re losing 1 and half (Ginn doesnt fully count lol) recievers with Moss and Ginn possibly leaving,
Davis was born to be a niner. If we dont draft him, I will def be shaking my head. 6'4, 235 and runs a 4.4 with a 42inch Vert. How do you not draft him? Reciever isnt a need for us, Marcus Davis is. His last name is Davis for crying out loud. lol. I believe this is life trying to give us lemons here and all we gotta do it make the lemonade.
He has sick measurables, need to watch his games more.
I'm on it. Hopefully not in the 1st round though.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
6'4"? yes please.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
For what its worth. We've scouted VaTech at 4 games, whether were looking at Davis, DE/OLB James Gayle, ILB Bruce Taylor, or CBs Antone Exum or Kyle Fuller or anybody else remains to be seen but its getting my hopes up.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
His name is Davis! LOCK!

If the reason that our scouts keep going to VT games is because we are looking for a big tall physical WR than I am happy. Don't know enough about him to like him or not but I think we could really use a guy like that to go with our speedy quick wrs. Moss and Ginn are FAs and could be gone. That leaves Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins and Williams. Need a big tall physical WR in there.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
bump....Todays game is against Duke but Dyrell Roberts the Hokies other starting WR is not playing so hopefully Davis has a monstrous game to pad the stats and put some good film out there.
Share 49ersWebzone