There are 157 users in the forums

***Marcus Davis WR VaTech Bandwagon of Greatness***

I like the potential he seems to possess. If he's still available in the later rounds, I'm all aboard. But he could be a guy we either take earlier than expected or don't take at all. We had scouts at a million Vtech games this past season. I'm sure we either love him or hate him by now.
Not a committed blocker, which I think pulls him off the team board.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not a committed blocker, which I think pulls him off the team board.

The same was said about Walker when he was drafted.

As I mentioned before, I would only roll the dice on Davis with a very late pick. Specifically, if he was undrafted when the Niners were using one of their projected 7th round comp picks.
im down
Draft him then trade him to the Vikings for Harvin
He's this years Stephen Hill. Not much stats, great size and speed, and will kill the combine. Only difference is Hill was a willing and able blocker
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
What round?
I'll bring the blunts.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
He's this years Stephen Hill. Not much stats, great size and speed, and will kill the combine. Only difference is Hill was a willing and able blocker

Hill was far more complete than Davis. Wouldn't mind a late rounder or UDFA spot for him, but any WR we draft in the first 5 rounds needs proven hands over size&speed to handle the heat CK brings on his passes.
bumb

How was his 40 time?

Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
bumb

How was his 40 time?

4.56, which isn't bad for a big man like that (that's Brandon Marshall territory). Plus his vert was almost 40" which at 6'3", 230 and with 10" inch hands, Davis becomes a deadly red-zone target if coached up properly.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone