There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JReff22 Mock v.1 (The its too early for this but I dont care edition)

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
After paying Snyder a fortune and being the lowest graded OG in the NFL....don't put it past them.

Also the Bears could be a viable option as well....they are starting Chilo

Jones and Warmack will be top 25 picks

here is a ranking of the OL as of now....http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Warmack is the top OL on Kiper's big board so far. #2 overall or something.
Originally posted by sfout:
After paying Snyder a fortune and being the lowest graded OG in the NFL....don't put it past them.

Also the Bears could be a viable option as well....they are starting Chilo

Jones and Warmack will be top 25 picks

here is a ranking of the OL as of now....http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Warmack is the top OL on Kiper's big board so far. #2 overall or something.

I didn't mean to imply he will fall to 25...just that neither will be sitting around when we pick
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout NFL Draft Comparison: Kenny Vaccaro - Charles Woodson. Can play slot CB or either safety spot. Big hitter. VG angles, range. Total package.
I like it! Great analysis man.
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout NFL Draft Comparison: Kenny Vaccaro - Charles Woodson. Can play slot CB or either safety spot. Big hitter. VG angles, range. Total package.

Soo let's assume Eric Reid is the first safety off the board landing in STL possibly. What are the chances of Vaccaro making it past secondary needy teams like Detroit, GB or Oak? Bigger needs?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by drake49er:
I like it. We get a Tank, Uzzi and a pork chop in this mock. I'm a big fan of Carradine and he would be perfect for a rotational guy to develop.

Carradine isn't a popular name yet around these parts but in a few months he will be.

Carradine would be a nice pickup, I like Jordon from Oregon as well at the end of the second (very end!).

My issue with Jordan is his size. Very tall but very lean. It works for him the the Pac-12 style of ball, but I think he would get pushed around by quality NFL OL. At his height I would like to see him around 255 at least which could prove difficult.
I agree but I am thinking those would be the BPA at the position at the end of the 2nd and with the player needed to backup both OLB spots they will need to play the run well Carrading would fit better.

Vaccarro looks like he would be a nice fit, he was matched up on Tavon Austin and held up.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by martysofresh:

Soo let's assume Eric Reid is the first safety off the board landing in STL possibly. What are the chances of Vaccaro making it past secondary needy teams like Detroit, GB or Oak? Bigger needs?
TJ is next off the board and Elam might be 3rd...have a weird feeling about him.

Oakland would've already passed on him. GB goes after a RB and Detroit might also.
Originally posted by drake49er:
I like it. We get a Tank, Uzzi and a pork chop in this mock. I'm a big fan of Carradine and he would be perfect for a rotational guy to develop.

Carradine isn't a popular name yet around these parts but in a few months he will be.

Carradine would be a nice pickup, I like Jordon from Oregon as well at the end of the second (very end!).

My issue with Jordan is his size. Very tall but very lean. It works for him the the Pac-12 style of ball, but I think he would get pushed around by quality NFL OL. At his height I would like to see him around 255 at least which could prove difficult.
I agree but I am thinking those would be the BPA at the position at the end of the 2nd and with the player needed to backup both OLB spots they will need to play the run well Carrading would fit better.

Vaccarro looks like he would be a nice fit, he was matched up on Tavon Austin and held up.
If we pass on Jordon in the first (if he is even there) he wont fall to us in the 2nd.
GFD !!!!!- (Great F........n Draft !!).. Too bad your name aint Trent balk...We'd murder this league for years to come with that depth/talent..
What's the drop off if we lose Goldson though? He makes alot of plays and is in his prime. Arguably a top 5 safety in the league right now. He's a very valuable piece to the puzzle. I doubt the offer would look like 8Mil a year now. He'd be looking more like 3yr 18il with maybe 7.5 gauranteed if he's smart wants to be part of a championship calibur team. I think replacing ICE would be an easier transition because we've played without him before when we was sick last season and hurt this season and the defense didnt miss a beat. Iagree with the re-signing of RJF. RJF and Ian Williams were able to hold it down and we could find an NT outside the 1st rd. Goldson is in his prime right now, even Ronnie Lott likes the way he plays. I was listening to Rod Woodson on 95.7 today and he was talking about playmakers in the secondary and how Ed Reed is so great because he's not afraid to make plays, and it made me think of Goldson(not saying he's as good as Reed) but he's truly playing lights out for us. He gets INTs and causes fumbles he may not be the star player of the Niners, but he's undeniably a playmaker. I think re-signing him to the 3yr deal and drafting one of those safeties to back him up would be the best thing for him. The way its looking, we could be choosing from T.J McDonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Shawn Williams, Kenny Vaccaro, and Bacarri Rambo. Each one of those guys are incredibly gifted, ahve the ablilty to challenge Goldson to play at higher level or lose his job and quality depth is what we need. By the time Goldson starts to pique, we'll have a starting calibur safety ready. I like both players, but ICE is older and more expendable than Goldson. Its hard to pick between the two because both are so underrated by alot, but DG is the most underrated.
NOw referring to cap space, if we're drafting an OLB like Carradine in the 2nd, I dont see Haralson coming back. i dont remember the numbers you posted in the other thread, but you know how much cap that opens up. and then Brock not being resigned opens up more. We'll assume ICE doesnt resign, loss of Moss, Ginn, Grant and Jacobs. Possibly D-Walk as well. Oh and Haggans. How does the cap look AB? And what did you have in mind for the extensions of Smith and WHitner?
Btw, I swear this is like the longest post ive ever done lol.

We can easily make 10M in cap space by extending Justin Smith, Donte Whtiner and David Akers, plus another 7M by cutting Goodwin and Haralson. So It is possible for Goldson to be kept, if they both agree on a cap friendly deal, plus Bowman is under our control for 2013, 2014 and 2015, since he can be tagged twice. So in 2014 and 2015 we would need to make decision I guess.

For Smith, I would do a 3yr extension through 2015(Would be new 3yr deal basically, as we rip up his previous deal.), probably 8M a yr average, with higher salaries in 2014 and 2015, possibly add in a 2016 season so we can prorate a signing bonus longer and save more money right away.

Whitner, a 3 or 4 yr deal, 3.25M a yr.

For Goldson, if he would do a 5yr deal through 2017, worth 6.5M a yr, so 32.5M, give him some incentives(500K a yr) to bring it up to 35m with incentives.

Good question, Detroit only has Delmas, Oakland could dump Huff, and GB needs DB, as Woodson can't play forever.

TJ is next off the board and Elam might be 3rd...have a weird feeling about him.

Oakland would've already passed on him. GB goes after a RB and Detroit might also.

I dont think Elam is third off the board, not before Rambo if only referring to FS, but if we factor in SS as well, then I dont see Rambo being the 3rd either, but he goes before Elam. But that's if the draft was tomorrow. Long season so you could be 100% right on that.
I started to say that Oakland has alot of needs so they'll probably just go BPA, they need seconardy help so bad. Oakland and Detroit are the only two teams in the league that dont have any INTs. smh.
GB and Detroit could both find a RB in the 2nd or trade up for the fact that not too many teams need a RB in the first. PItt, GB, and DET are the only teams that really "need" one bad enough to consider spending a 1st rd pick .

I dont think Elam is third off the board, not before Rambo if only referring to FS, but if we factor in SS as well, then I dont see Rambo being the 3rd either, but he goes before Elam. But that's if the draft was tomorrow. Long season so you could be 100% right on that.
I started to say that Oakland has alot of needs so they'll probably just go BPA, they need seconardy help so bad. Oakland and Detroit are the only two teams in the league that dont have any INTs. smh.
GB and Detroit could both find a RB in the 2nd or trade up for the fact that not too many teams need a RB in the first. PItt, GB, and DET are the only teams that really "need" one bad enough to consider spending a 1st rd pick .
Depends on the interview process with Rambo. Some teams with the gold star system may drop Rambo or take him off all together.

Georgia All-American safety Bacarri Rambo has been suspended for four games for failing a drug test, his high school coach said Thursday.

A source close to the situation also confirmed to ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Rambo's suspension was drug-related.

Alan Ingram, Rambo's coach at Seminole County High School in Donalsonville, Ga., said he believes Rambo was a victim of circumstance.

"Bacarri went down to Panama City Beach with some friends," Ingram said. "One of the nights he went to bed before they did. He got up the next morning, was hungry and found some brownies on the table. He had some with some milk and told me, 'I got high.' The other guys got up and told him that the brownies were not for him. Apparently they were laced with marijuana.

"I think that is the story. I think that is exactly what happened. Not many times would I say that, but he has never lied to me before."

Rambo was suspended for the Bulldogs' opener against Boise State last season for an unnamed rules violation but still earned All-America honors while leading the SEC with eight interceptions.

Do you want to draft a kid who has been suspended multiple times in 2 years worth of play?

Chances are we see 2 RB's go in the first and because none are top 10 talent GB could sit and wait for that guy to fall right to them.
eric berry?

who?
Great mock JReff22!