There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MD was right

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by dj43:
I love Aldon Smith but JJ Watt may not only be the DPOY, he is in the running for MVP. It has been a long time since any player in my memory has done what Watt has done this year. Voters are bright enough to realize that defense is more than just sacks. Watt is the most complete front 7 player in the league, and it's not close, IMO.

Jarred Allen 2011: 22 sacks, 1 INT, 4 fumbles recovered, 46 tackles.

Jason Pierre-Paul 2011: 16.5 sacks, 7 PD, 2 FF, 72 tackles, 1 safety

Watt: 15.5 sacks; 15 pass defensed (5 for INT's); 59 tackles; 27 tackles for loss; 32 QB hits; 1 forced fumble; 0 INT (per MD)

Watt is having a better all-round year, and it is not over yet.

Not to mention both those players are 4-3 de's where Watt is a 3-4 de. Very different beast there.

Love me some Aldon, his jersey is on the way as we speak, but what Watt is doing this year is really really impressive.

Hoping Aldon gets the record so he can steal defensive mvp.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
4 of last 8 games Houston defense has give up 30+ points. Watt with no sacks and no PD last night.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't care how good Watt is, if you can't see how special Aldon Smith is, you are crazy. In his second season, he shattered Fred Dean's record of most sacks in one season as a 49er. Not too mention, he has three games to get 3.5 sacks to break the ALL TIME FVCKING SINGLE SEASON SACK RECORD. But by all means, keep hyping JJ Watt's stats to make you feel better.
lol

Originally posted by Jcool:
4 of last 8 games Houston defense has give up 30+ points. Watt with no sacks and no PD last night.

Dont' they have a lot of injuries? Like Brian "Steroids" Cushing is injured. Texans don't have much depth on D.
Last night they got schooled!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Dont' they have a lot of injuries? Like Brian "Steroids" Cushing is injured. Texans don't have much depth on D.

Texans were overrated as hell to begin with, but yeah they do have some injury issues that are definitely hurting them. If the 49ers could just borrow JJ Watt and Jonathan Joseph for a game, I'd be psyched.
Taking a look at Pro Football Focus, a couple of interesting notes about last night's game that may relate to the upcoming
Niners game. Although Watt graded out very well at 7.1 for the game, he was held without a sack, tipped ball or tackle for loss for the first time all season. The key was Brady's time of release average at 2.27 seconds. Virtually impossible to pick up a sack in that time frame. However, unlike the Texans, the Niners are solid at linebacker coverage in the zone, which will help their corners. should be a great matchup
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Taking a look at Pro Football Focus, a couple of interesting notes about last night's game that may relate to the upcoming
Niners game. Although Watt graded out very well at 7.1 for the game, he was held without a sack, tipped ball or tackle for loss for the first time all season. The key was Brady's time of release average at 2.27 seconds. Virtually impossible to pick up a sack in that time frame. However, unlike the Texans, the Niners are solid at linebacker coverage in the zone, which will help their corners. should be a great matchup

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Aldon go without a sack this game. That being said, he's the best pass rusher in the league, so it'll be a fun side-game to watch as he tries to get pressure on Brady. The hunt for the sack record is on, but so is the hunt for a bye week, so when Aldon demolishes the same o-line Watt couldn't, I hope you enjoy it.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Aldon go without a sack this game. That being said, he's the best pass rusher in the league, so it'll be a fun side-game to watch as he tries to get pressure on Brady. The hunt for the sack record is on, but so is the hunt for a bye week, so when Aldon demolishes the same o-line Watt couldn't, I hope you enjoy it.

Who knows what could happen? The only time Watt lined up against Solder one on one, he blew by him cleanly and pounded Brady. The problem is that Brady simply releases the ball so quickly that sacks are jut not going to happen often for any defense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Can't let Welker catch those short passes. If we stop that route enough times - Aldon will get his. A lot of Aldon's sacks are coming from the same position Watt plays. A few times, he has gotten sacks with 3 man rush as well.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:00 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

Who knows what could happen? The only time Watt lined up against Solder one on one, he blew by him cleanly and pounded Brady. The problem is that Brady simply releases the ball so quickly that sacks are jut not going to happen often for any defense.

The most important thing is the win. .

The number of sacks by Aldon is secondary.

A victory and 3 sacks by Aldon would be like a Christmas present.

The Pats have given up 20 sacks--the fifth fewest in the league.

By my count, Watt had four hits-three of solid--on Brady.
Two of those hits came on a stunt with Watt trailing an inside blitz.
I hope Fangio noticed that stunt.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I don't care how good Watt is, if you can't see how special Aldon Smith is, you are crazy. In his second season, he shattered Fred Dean's record of most sacks in one season as a 49er. Not too mention, he has three games to get 3.5 sacks to break the ALL TIME FVCKING SINGLE SEASON SACK RECORD. But by all means, keep hyping JJ Watt's stats to make you feel better.
lol

Hey Amp, before you condemn MadDog for his "condescension (which I agree he does on occasion) and how he comes across on his posts, perhaps you should read your own? Calling people "pricks" or criticizing them for not agreeing, or using the "F" word but cleverly disguising the "U" as a "V"..........some might call you combative or adversarial. I'm kinda surprised you haven't at least been warned by the mods, or have you? Just sayin'.
I believe an update is coming...
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
I believe an update is coming...

Lol. I just saw the stat line and thought the same thing.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
lol

Hey Amp, before you condemn MadDog for his "condescension (which I agree he does on occasion) and how he comes across on his posts, perhaps you should read your own? Calling people "pricks" or criticizing them for not agreeing, or using the "F" word but cleverly disguising the "U" as a "V"..........some might call you combative or adversarial. I'm kinda surprised you haven't at least been warned by the mods, or have you? Just sayin'.

I have been warned, but thanks for pointing it out and making sure.