There are 371 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Man I hope I am wrong about who we should have drafted!

Originally posted by doc_brown_:
You hear it over and over again..."This is a business!"

You're suggesting that the Niners draft another OLB after they drafted Aldon Smith last year, and paid "starter" money to Ahmad Brooks? Madness!

The Niners had to go BPA in a position of need, and they did exactly that (AJ Jenkins).

Drafting LaMichael James in the 2nd round can be summed up in one word...Genius!

Having said that, I do also like Reuben Randle, however, I'm perfectly happy with they way things turned out. GO NINERS!

LOL, that kid thinks it's Madden. Not to mention he doesnt even know the name of that Alabama OLB that he wants so bad. If he responds to this post, I'm sure he will google his name first
[ Edited by kronik on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
So basically you don't know the name of that "alabama olb" yet you know something that every scout involved in the drafting of the 63 prospects before Randle, including our very own harbaalke+scouts, didn't know. Please enlighten me.

OH HE'S LIGHTING UP PRACTICE. Lol...It's not even training camp yet...
bigboyniner2012
MemberPosts: 4

/end thread
Upshaw would have no role here. Aldon and Ahmad are 3-down players and won't come off the field. Upshaw doesn't play special teams either. He was never an option IMO. LMJ > Randle.
I'm happy with our picks we had to bolster the offense.
i am very content with our picks. Have a little faith in our FO as well.
Originally posted by Psinex:
bigboyniner2012

/end thread

If the number of posts was a factor, Valrod would be the most knowledgable 49ers fan ever.

And can we please refrain from attacking the posters, no matter how tempting.
i actually wanted randle too not really a fan of upshaw kind of slow has good power though but not what you want out of a situational pass rusher (we already have aldon and brooks for starting)

dont mind the aj jenkins althoguh at the time i wanted randle too did a lot of research on him and hes the quickest WR in draft fast in and out of his cuts has good hands and more of a deep threat

randle may be the better player year 1 nit with so much depth with or WR i think we let jenkins sit a year and next year he will look great
You are wrong for all the reasons stated.
Only time will tell. A little early for the OP observation but I'm happy with you who we drafted. Aside from that, we weren't going to draft Upshaw(a one trick pony) when we signed Brooks to an extension in the off season and we're already riding a championship caliber defense.
Originally posted by bigboyniner2012:
I like the picks we got in this years draft but I thought we should have drafted the outside linebacker from Alabama with the 30h pick in the 1st round. This would have made a defence crazy and he would have had a similar impact as aldon smith did last year! The second pick should have been Rueben Randle from LSU. He is the prototypicle west coast wide out and both players have been lighting it up in practice so far. I know it early but I hope I am wrong!!

Everybody looks good in shorts, you actually have to try hard not too. We needed speed in our offense. Guys that can stretch the field and make plays after the catch, something we were sorely lacking last year and both James and Jenkins give us that. Theres no need to draft another outside linebacker that high when we already have invested plenty in Aldon and Brooks whom seems poised to build off last years success and have an even bigger year this year as he has improved every season and is still kind of new to the outside linebacker position. Remember three of our four linebackers were three down players last year and now they are attempting to turn Aldon into one with Haralson still sitting there to provide good depth, I just wouldn't see the opportunities for another guy in the rotation. It will be difficult for Cam Johnson to see the field even if he makes the team and has a tremendous camp.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Psinex:
bigboyniner2012

/end thread

If the number of posts was a factor, Valrod would be the most knowledgable 49ers fan ever.

And can we please refrain from attacking the posters, no matter how tempting.

Good point about Valrod.

Sorry, but when I see that one of his 4 posts includes a new (and already locked) thread entitled, "I'm a niner fan but Alex aint got nothin on Cam"
I openly question whether or not this guy is an actual 49er fan, apart from being a noob.
You can talk all about these unpadded practices and how impressive guys look until your blue in the face. All players coming out of the draft are great athletes so they will look good in these non contact drills. The first time you will get an idea is in training camp when they start actually hitting each other that's when you start sorting out the men from the boys.
Hopefully, early reports about the rookie WR's begn to spin around, because Jenkins is off to a rocky start compared to many other rookie WR's in OTA's. The Jets seem to love Stephen Hill, who has looked great to the team and writers. The Giants feel the same way about Randle, and the Bengals, along with local beat writers and one national writer thinks that Sanu is a future stud. The Rams appear to be happy with Quick and Givens.

Again, it is still way too early to make any reasonable long-term assessment, and the WR position often takes at least a year to show anything at all, but the early reports are not favorable to the 49ers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hopefully, early reports about the rookie WR's begn to spin around, because Jenkins is off to a rocky start compared to many other rookie WR's in OTA's. The Jets seem to love Stephen Hill, who has looked great to the team and writers. The Giants feel the same way about Randle, and the Bengals, along with local beat writers and one national writer thinks that Sanu is a future stud. The Rams appear to be happy with Quick and Givens.

Again, it is still way too early to make any reasonable long-term assessment, and the WR position often takes at least a year to show anything at all, but the early reports are not favorable to the 49ers.

Let's just consider, for a moment, who the Jets and Rams have at receiver that can be compared to Stephen Hill or Brian Quick. When you are done considering that, consider what it would be like comparing Stephen Hill and Quick to our current crop of receivers, marquee names like Randy Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, and it might be a little hard for a rookie to stand out in the first couple weeks of OTA's. Give Jenkins some time. He probably won't get many opportunities this year, buried on the depth chart. But by next year, he should be closer to what Baalke and Harbaugh expected, and they probably know that too. I think LaMichael James is going to get a lot more plays to him this year. And then you throw in Vernon Davis, Frank Gire and Delanie Walker and you don't know who to defend.