There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Man I hope I am wrong about who we should have drafted!

I like the picks we got in this years draft but I thought we should have drafted the outside linebacker from Alabama with the 30h pick in the 1st round. This would have made a defence crazy and he would have had a similar impact as aldon smith did last year! The second pick should have been Rueben Randle from LSU. He is the prototypicle west coast wide out and both players have been lighting it up in practice so far. I know it early but I hope I am wrong!!
Originally posted by bigboyniner2012:
I like the picks we got in this years draft but I thought we should have drafted the outside linebacker from Alabama with the 30h pick in the 1st round. This would have made a defence crazy and he would have had a similar impact as aldon smith did last year! The second pick should have been Rueben Randle from LSU. He is the prototypicle west coast wide out and both players have been lighting it up in practice so far. I know it early but I hope I am wrong!!

Nice, practice.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Nice, practice.
Yeah thats where Jerry Rice was made in practice!
LaMichael James>>>>Reuben Randle

In defense of the FO, you just locked up Ahmad Brooks to a 5 year deal, Aldon has 4 years left on his contract. They obviously did not go BPA, because as Walsh would say, you do not want to collect talent to sit on the bench. The team obviously was happy with the defense, and realied they need to get more yards, first downs and TD's.

they also appear to want to stretch the field, going with AJ Jenkins and James is for stretching the field and getting yardsm, not the 3 yards and a pile of dust like singletary.

What exactly counts as lighting it up in practice? Catching balls and running?
Pretty sure you are wrong
Wait till they put the pads on and see how they do in practice.
We are talking bout practice, right?

Or

Take your pick.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
keep trying bigboy your almost a man
Upshaw would of been a good pick, but happy with a bigger need, Jenkins will be a nice WR down the road. And James is a better player then Randle, I prefer Jenkins over Randle. Not high on the LSU WRs.
You hear it over and over again..."This is a business!"

You're suggesting that the Niners draft another OLB after they drafted Aldon Smith last year, and paid "starter" money to Ahmad Brooks? Madness!

The Niners had to go BPA in a position of need, and they did exactly that (AJ Jenkins).

Drafting LaMichael James in the 2nd round can be summed up in one word...Genius!

Having said that, I do also like Reuben Randle, however, I'm perfectly happy with they way things turned out. GO NINERS!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
You hear it over and over again..."This is a business!"

You're suggesting that the Niners draft another OLB after they drafted Aldon Smith last year, and paid "starter" money to Ahmad Brooks? Madness!

The Niners had to go BPA in a position of need, and they did exactly that (AJ Jenkins).

Drafting LaMichael James in the 2nd round can be summed up in one word...Genius!

Having said that, I do also like Reuben Randle, however, I'm perfectly happy with they way things turned out. GO NINERS!

Another good thought. With the CBA a 5th yr option is in the deals. So we would pay Aldon Top 10, and then had Upshaw been drafted, it would of been top 25 I believe.