LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?

Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?

• buck
  • Veteran
My choice is DeCastro.

edit: This poll is a result of an interchange between MD and myself.

Here is a short version of that interchange.

buck:

I find your charge that some fans are not honest and your implied assertion that you are honest to be particularly irksome.

First, the charge borders on the banal as there can always be some fans who are not honest.
Second, instead of painting with a broad brush, challenge those individuals who you feel are not honest.

MD:

If you are skeptical, I encourage you to go ahead and post a "Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?

Pre-draft, this would probably be a 99%-1% vote for DeCastro, and people would be relentlessly slamming the poll as the stupidest thing they have ever seen.

Post draft, my guess would be 60%-40% DeCastro, but there would be a lot of anti-DeCastro sentiment.

The point being that fans desperately want their players to succeed, and this alters their ability to make a fair judgment on a player. It is not an honest way to evaluate talent and future success. It is not criminal, it is human nature. But, it is not accurate.

buck

I am skeptical. I followed your suggestion and created the poll. "Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?
[ Edited by buck on May 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM ]
Why would Looney be better? Why is this even a question?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
lol is this a joke?

DeCastro

/ thread
Really?

Dumbest poll I have ever seen. You are asking between the best OG in the draft compared to a mid rounder?

Personally I hope this works out to where Looney is a perenial pro bowler,
Newberry said Looney
This can't be serious!
Hey kids! I'm a "Veteran". Bet you couldn't tell from my dumb post!

Obviously the answer is DeCastro since he is a 1st round pick and Looney is a mid round pick. The question should be.... who was better value. where they were selected.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on May 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM ]
See this thread here and it will explain this poll:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165469-maddogs-niners-draft-grade-analysis/page25/
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165469-maddogs-niners-draft-grade-analysis/page25/

good catch

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:

good catch

You have to go to page 26 post number 376.

I did not include this information, because I did not want to skew the results of the suggested poll.

edit: Before the post revealing the impetus for this poll, DeCastro was winning with around 80% of the vote.

It will interesting to see if those results now change.
[ Edited by buck on May 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Looney because he is a niner.
looking at the results

maddog would still find a way to justify his belief

60-40 vs 70-30
who will be the better WR AJ or Owusu?
Share 49ersWebzone