There are 184 users in the forums

2013 Prospect Watch List

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why would we need a NT?

soap and RJF are both extremelly capable NT

i think we go after secondary this year a FS if goldson still is demanding a huge contract and niners wont sign it or a CB

3-4 DE also a possibility in first round

Because Soap is going to be 31 years old and RJF was a 7th round pick. J. Smith is going to be 33 years old and he's being backed up by two UDFA's in Tukuafu and Dobbs. The d line could use some attention for the long haul.

The safety position and OLB are also distinct possibilities.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Sutton's like 260-270 now though right? At that weight he couldn't play on our DL, but he'd fit in better as a linebacker or situational pass rusher. Any other DL you like? I think we might target a nose tackle. I like RJF and Soap though, but if you could find a future star at NT you'd have to do it IMO. Same with FS unless we get Goldson locked up.

Yeah Sutton would not project as a nose at all, strictly a 4-3 DT penetration/interior pass rusher.

A sleeper I'm keeping an eye on is Derrick Hopkins from Virginia Tech.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Sutton's like 260-270 now though right? At that weight he couldn't play on our DL, but he'd fit in better as a linebacker or situational pass rusher. Any other DL you like? I think we might target a nose tackle. I like RJF and Soap though, but if you could find a future star at NT you'd have to do it IMO. Same with FS unless we get Goldson locked up.

Yeah Sutton would not project as a nose at all, strictly a 4-3 DT penetration/interior pass rusher.

Speaking of sleepers from Virginia Tech how about Marcus Davis? Could be freak of the year.
Bucks TE arrested for 'pee and flea' charges … Ohio State TE Jake Stoneburner, one of the top prospects at the position for the 2013 draft, was arrested and charged with obstructing official business this past week. Stoneburner and two other men reportedly took off after being seen relieving themselves between a couple of local buildings. The fact that he wasn't able to evade local police could have an effect on his final draft grade this coming April.

gbn,com

David Amerson CB from NC State looks like a great prospect. Think he would look great on this defense for sure!
I didn't see anyone mention Montee Ball as a great running back prospect for next year, this guy is a stud. The guy only tied Barry Sanders college TD record last year. His 2011 regular season stat line was 307 Att 1923 yards 6.3 per carry. 33 rush TD 24 rec 306 yards 6 rec TD.
Originally posted by tohara3:
David Amerson CB from NC State looks like a great prospect. Think he would look great on this defense for sure!

I think he will end up top 10 if not top 5 next year but it is still early.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Speaking of sleepers from Virginia Tech how about Marcus Davis? Could be freak of the year.

He definately looks the part
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
I didn't see anyone mention Montee Ball as a great running back prospect for next year, this guy is a stud. The guy only tied Barry Sanders college TD record last year. His 2011 regular season stat line was 307 Att 1923 yards 6.3 per carry. 33 rush TD 24 rec 306 yards 6 rec TD.
my fav RB prospect

but we wont get him with are already crowded backfield

i was actually hoping we would go RB next year and get him
why would we need a NT?

soap and RJF are both extremelly capable NT

i think we go after secondary this year a FS if goldson still is demanding a huge contract and niners wont sign it or a CB

3-4 DE also a possibility in first round
both are entering into contract years and chances are we cant keep both

Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
my fav RB prospect

but we wont get him with are already crowded backfield

i was actually hoping we would go RB next year and get him

Really? I dunno, I'm not sold at all on Montee Ball. I think a lot of what he does is because he runs behind an NFL-caliber line pretty much.

My early RB ranking:
Ray Graham, Pitt
Marcus Lattimore*, South Carolina - if he can bounce back from injury
Cierre Wood*, Notre Dame
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Le'Veon Bell*, Michigan State
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think he will end up top 10 if not top 5 next year but it is still early.

Agree. Especially if he has any kind of a year like he had last season.
Really? I dunno, I'm not sold at all on Montee Ball. I think a lot of what he does is because he runs behind an NFL-caliber line pretty much.

My early RB ranking:
Ray Graham, Pitt
Marcus Lattimore*, South Carolina - if he can bounce back from injury
Cierre Wood*, Notre Dame
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Le'Veon Bell*, Michigan State

when i say favorite i dont mean the best

i just mean hes my favorite

he has best vision and is extremlly quick

ya he des have one of the best o lines but he clearly took advantage of it he broke barry sanders record for yards and got like 32 TDs
i think we might have to target CB and DLine for sure. CB is up in the air because its not for sure that we lock up tarell brown and that rogers will be as good as last season

AND

Or

IMO...FS is the #1 priority especially with Goldson being a UFA next year again. The FS class looks solid so does the NT class. Look forward to it.
[ Edited by ninertico on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone