LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

2013 Prospect Watch List

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Is there anyway we can trade up to grab star lotulelei? We have a lot of draft picks and I would love to have him.

We don't even know where he'll be drafted yet, but all signs point to top 10 which we will be clearly out of range. I think Kawann Short would be better chance to move up for if of course he doesn't fall in our lap.
How about Hankins? He looks to be ranged around the 10-16 area.

Hankins is another one that would be out of the 9ers range if he declares. If we can't get Kawann short, then other two NT's I think would fit into what Tomsula likes in a NT are Everette Dawkins of Florida St. and Cory Grissom of South Florida. Both guys I think will be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Both are pretty stout and can move for big men, they're not just 345 pound blobs that just sit there.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
PAC-12 Awards Announced
Defensive Player of the Year: DT/DE Will Sutton*, ASU

He is probably as good as gone now

Any idea where he gets drafted? Would he work as a 3-4 DE. A bit undersized, but I like him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkary12:
PAC-12 Awards Announced

Any idea where he gets drafted? Would he work as a 3-4 DE. A bit undersized, but I like him.

not that small. Justin only has 12 pounds on him according to listed weight and Justin is 2-3 inches taller making him leaner then Sutton. Put Sutton in an NFL weight room for a year and he'd put on 10 pounds easy so by year 2 he'd measure 6'2 285.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by mkary12:
PAC-12 Awards Announced

not that small. Justin only has 12 pounds on him according to listed weight and Justin is 2-3 inches taller making him leaner then Sutton. Put Sutton in an NFL weight room for a year and he'd put on 10 pounds easy so by year 2 he'd measure 6'2 285.

Yeah, he has the frame to put on more weight and was actually up to around 285lbs before, he dropped weight for this year. I think he would top out weight wise at 300lbs give or take 5-10lbs.

In ASU's scheme he played DT on 1st and 2nd, and would sometimes play DE on 3rd down. I've watched every ASU game so I've seen a lot of him.

His best attribute is his quickness is just insane for a man his size. He has the foot and hand speed of a 180lbs corner. He was constantly just shooting gaps right off the snap of the ball and in the backfield. Big motor guy as well. During games you could visibly tell lineman were exhausted from battling with him.

He reminds me of Fletcher Cox of last year.

His best fit would be in a cover 2 scheme at DT, similar to how Sapp was used. He is a pass rushing DT who is going to make a living in the opponents backfield.

I'd love for him to be 49ers since he is a Sun Devil, but I'm honestly not sure if he is a good fit for us. Maybe if we drafted him we can use him in rotation and groom him since he won't have to step in right away. For the 49ers scheme he is going to need a year in the NFL weight room before he becomes useful to us. But like I said, his quickness and ability to beat lineman off the snap is truly remarkable, he was down right unblockable this season. They would double team him and he would still beat guys right affter the snap.

Edit: And he keeps making All-American teams....just names to Walter football's All-American team. If only Sutton didn't miss UCLA game, ASU probably would have won the PAC-12 south...

He is now a "consensus" All-American, made All-American on every list.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM ]
Yeah, he has the frame to put on more weight and was actually up to around 285lbs before, he dropped weight for this year. I think he would top out weight wise at 300lbs give or take 5-10lbs.

In ASU's scheme he played DT on 1st and 2nd, and would sometimes play DE on 3rd down. I've watched every ASU game so I've seen a lot of him.

His best attribute is his quickness is just insane for a man his size. He has the foot and hand speed of a 180lbs corner. He was constantly just shooting gaps right off the snap of the ball and in the backfield. Big motor guy as well. During games you could visibly tell lineman were exhausted from battling with him.

He reminds me of Fletcher Cox of last year.

His best fit would be in a cover 2 scheme at DT, similar to how Sapp was used. He is a pass rushing DT who is going to make a living in the opponents backfield.

I'd love for him to be 49ers since he is a Sun Devil, but I'm honestly not sure if he is a good fit for us. Maybe if we drafted him we can use him in rotation and groom him since he won't have to step in right away. For the 49ers scheme he is going to need a year in the NFL weight room before he becomes useful to us. But like I said, his quickness and ability to beat lineman off the snap is truly remarkable, he was down right unblockable this season. They would double team him and he would still beat guys right affter the snap.

Edit: And he keeps making All-American teams....just names to Walter football's All-American team. If only Sutton didn't miss UCLA game, ASU probably would have won the PAC-12 south...

He is now a "consensus" All-American, made All-American on every list.

He's likely moved up into the mid-1st round, very explosive and underrated player, I think ultimately he'll do best as a DT in a 4-3 configuration but I could also definitely see him as a DE in a 3-4 if he puts on some weight, in anycase I think he'll be out of the 49ers range at this point.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Lotulelei is a top 10 pick easy. I would focus more on trade up for either Hankins or Short. If no than John Jenkins, Sylvester Williams, Jesse Williams, Akeem Spence(If he declares), at NT, maybe Kwame Geathers.

At End, Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Josh Boyd, Bennie Logan, Margus Hunt are all possible in rds 2-3

I think Hunt is one of the most intriguing players in the draft. He's got freakish, off the charts athleticism but he's so incredibly raw that its tough to figure out where he'll go and even what position he would play. He could end up being one of the steals of the draft or a hardcore, major draft bust. Don't really see any middle ground with him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wesley Kempton ‏@weskempton

Taylor Heinicke of Old Dominion just broke Steve McNair's 18-year-old record for single season passing yards by an FCS QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Wesley Kempton ‏@weskempton

Taylor Heinicke of Old Dominion just broke Steve McNair's 18-year-old record for single season passing yards by an FCS QB.

Next year will be a very interesting time indeed when this kid as the option of declaring.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Old Dominion's Taylor Heinicke is the first quarterback in FCS history to throw for 5,000 yards in a season
  • sfout
  • Veteran
SDN heres some news from ASU Coach Todd Graham

http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizonast-ncaaf/2012/12/8/3744172/todd-graham-believes-will-sutton-will-return-for-senior-season

"Depending on (the feedback he gets from the NFL), that will have a lot to do with it, but if you ask me, I think he'll come back," Graham told Haller.

"If he's going to be a first-round pick, I'm going to wish him the best. He has to do what's best for him and his family and I'd never want someone to do anything but that. But he does want his degree. He does think he can improve a lot," Graham went on to say.

Sutton must have put in his info to the advisory board this week. Shouldn't be too long before we find out his future, I'm starting to really want him as Justin's heir-apparent.

Teddy bridgewater is legit. I doubt he declares early. If he does, the kid is driven. It will be interesting to see how he stacks up against other QBs.
[ Edited by fister30 on Dec 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Though Kansas State QB Collin Klein was invited to New York as a Heisman finalist, he is not expected to receive a Senior Bowl invite.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Though Kansas State QB Collin Klein was invited to New York as a Heisman finalist, he is not expected to receive a Senior Bowl invite.

good he is a terrible QB -- I'm glad he isn't getting the invite. It should go to a QB who actually has a chance of being drafted. Klein is an athlete and nothing more, he has a chance to become somebodies long term project but he wont make it in the NFL unless he proves he can do Special Teams, probably even WR before he has a chance to spend hundreds of hours reconfiguring his muscle memory and changing his throwing motion.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe

South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe

South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week.

wow. So who wants to draft Lattimore with one of our extra 3rd rounders?!?!?
Share 49ersWebzone