There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who had the BEST draft in your guys opinions?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
There are a lot of teams that helped themselves, but one really jumps out to me:

Got to love what the Eagles did to address their defense, especially with talented, speedy defenders:
1. Fletcher Cox- best DT in the draft, and only had to move up a few slots
2. Mychal Kendricks- second best MLB in the draft, who will probably move over to Will or Sam in their 43 scheme.
3. Vinny Curry- relentless pass rusher; highly productive
4. Brandon Boykin- automatic nickel corner, with starter's ability.
5. DeMeco Ryans- instant starter at MLB.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if they didn't select again. The team gets three automatic starters in Cox, Ryans, Kendricks, a situational pass rusher in Curry and a stud nickel corner. All five of these guys could be on the field....... at the same time...... in nickel situations. That is a crazy good draft.

The best draft would have been the Bengals, but they bypassed the chance to draft DeCastro. They will regret that move, even though they picked up a stud DT (my number 3 DT) in Brandon Thompson with the extra third rounder.
Not to m

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
The Patriots added three starters on defense with their first three picks


Not to mention they have Brandon Graham coming back from injury. They have stacked their d line and have a great rotation of bodies. Just like the Giants.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
In terms of helping their team and not who had the better players, I'd say:

1 Colts Andrew Luck QB Stanford
34 Colts Coby Fleener TE Stanford
64 Colts Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
92 Colts T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International
136 Colts Josh Chapman NT Alabama
170 Colts Vick Ballard RB Mississippi State
206 Colts LaVon Brazill WR Ohio
208 Colts Justin Anderson OT Georgia
214 Colts Tim Fugger DE Vanderbilt
253 Colts Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois


Agree with this! They have a lot of young OLmen on the team already so they went after skill positions and struck gold--top two TEs, two WRs and a RB! These guys can develop together and become quite an offense.


This X 10. The Colts dominated the draft. You will have this being one of the epic drafts of all time.

Andrew Luck- enough said
Fleener- TE who has caught passes from Fleener
Dwayne Allen TE- actually ranked higher than Fleener pre combine, gives them a powerful one two punch at TE
TY Hilton- return man, Wr with good work ethic

Hmmm, first four guys all have a good work ethic and will be together for a minimum of 4 years developing sounds good to me.

RB, NT, all icing on the cake.
The Colts, Eagles and Bills all had outstanding offseasons. The Colts might not see results right away though. The Bills and especially the Eagles will be in the hunt next year.
the steelers had themselves one hell of a draft.
People aren't giving enough credit to the Dolphins. It's not out of the realm of possibility that by year two, their top 8 picks could all be starting.

Round #1 - franchise QB at #8 overall (QB, Ryan Tannehill)
Round #2 - starting RT who was considered by many a first rounder (OT, Jonathan Martin)
Round #3 - talented young pass rusher (DE, Olivier Vernon)
Round #3 - pass-catching TE with length (TE, Michael Egnew)
Round #4 - one of the top RBs in the draft and HR threat (RB, Lamar Miller)
Round #5 - excellent 4-3 LB for their transition (LB, Josh Kaddu)
Round #6 - Big-bodied WR for their new WCO (WR, BJ Cunningham)
Round #6 - Tall, strong DT once considered a 3rd rounder at least (DT, Kheeston Randall)
Round #7 - Reliable WR with some return skills (WR, Rishard Matthews)
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on May 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
People aren't giving enough credit to the Dolphins. It's not out of the realm of possibility that by year two, their top 8 picks could all be starting.

Round #1 - franchise QB at #8 overall (QB, Ryan Tannehill)
Round #2 - starting RT who was considered by many a first rounder (OT, Jonathan Martin)
Round #3 - talented young pass rusher (DE, Olivier Vernon)
Round #3 - pass-catching TE with length (TE, Michael Egnew)
Round #4 - one of the top RBs in the draft and HR threat (RB, Lamar Miller)
Round #5 - excellent 4-3 LB for their transition (LB, Josh Kaddu)
Round #6 - Big-bodied WR for their new WCO (WR, BJ Cunningham)
Round #6 - Tall, strong DT once considered a 3rd rounder at least (DT, Kheeston Randall)
Round #7 - Reliable WR with some return skills (WR, Rishard Matthews)

The entire draft hinges on Tannnehill though. He probably won't be ready for a while.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
People aren't giving enough credit to the Dolphins. It's not out of the realm of possibility that by year two, their top 8 picks could all be starting.

Round #1 - franchise QB at #8 overall (QB, Ryan Tannehill)
Round #2 - starting RT who was considered by many a first rounder (OT, Jonathan Martin)
Round #3 - talented young pass rusher (DE, Olivier Vernon)
Round #3 - pass-catching TE with length (TE, Michael Egnew)
Round #4 - one of the top RBs in the draft and HR threat (RB, Lamar Miller)
Round #5 - excellent 4-3 LB for their transition (LB, Josh Kaddu)
Round #6 - Big-bodied WR for their new WCO (WR, BJ Cunningham)
Round #6 - Tall, strong DT once considered a 3rd rounder at least (DT, Kheeston Randall)
Round #7 - Reliable WR with some return skills (WR, Rishard Matthews)

The entire draft hinges on Tannnehill though. He probably won't be ready for a while.

They said that about Cam too, so you really never know. I also think the advantage of knowing the offensive coordinator's system will give Tannehill the edge, and we will likely see him sooner than most people think (just my take).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,531
Tannehill is much more ready than RG3 not to mention Tannehill already will know the playbook.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Tannehill is much more ready than RG3 not to mention Tannehill already will know the playbook.

RG3 has been behind center longer, but totally agree that with Tannehill knowing the playbook/terminology pretty deeply, he'll be more ready to start in the NFL than will Griffin. Not sure Tannehill will be as successful in the win column right out of the gate though since RG3 has a better overall team around him (IMO).
Patriots
Eagles
Bengals
Steelers
49ers
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
17 Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
27 Bengals Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
53 Bengals Devon Still DT Penn State
83 Bengals Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
93 Bengals Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
116 Bengals Orson Charles TE Georgia
156 Bengals Shaun Prater CB Iowa
166 Bengals Marvin Jones WR California
167 Bengals George Iloka S Boise State
191 Bengals Dan Herron RB Ohio State

The Bengals by a MILE! Look at that haul!!!!! Oh how their fortunes have changed in just a couple years. They're STACKING their lineup with talent, good for them.

I have to agree with this... There is a possibility the Bengals could get as many as 9 starters from this draft. That may be a record. Even if they get 5 starters, which seems likely, this draft class may go down as one of the best ever. Personally, I haven't seen one like it in many, many years.....quality talent from top to bottom. Terrific job.
Bengals, Steelers and Ravens in that order
Pats, Rams & Bengals
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
17 Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
27 Bengals Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
53 Bengals Devon Still DT Penn State
83 Bengals Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
93 Bengals Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
116 Bengals Orson Charles TE Georgia
156 Bengals Shaun Prater CB Iowa
166 Bengals Marvin Jones WR California
167 Bengals George Iloka S Boise State
191 Bengals Dan Herron RB Ohio State

The Bengals by a MILE! Look at that haul!!!!! Oh how their fortunes have changed in just a couple years. They're STACKING their lineup with talent, good for them.

I have to agree with this... There is a possibility the Bengals could get as many as 9 starters from this draft. That may be a record. Even if they get 5 starters, which seems likely, this draft class may go down as one of the best ever. Personally, I haven't seen one like it in many, many years.....quality talent from top to bottom. Terrific job.
This