There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers power player in 2013 draft

At this point we may not be able to retain all our main FAs to be. Andy Lee should be #1 priority, as he is an all pro Punter. Then I would rank Delanie and Goldson next 2, followed by Isaac Sopoaga and Jean Francois. If the cap truly goes up very little, we will fight to make it.

I project after cut down days to be $118M committed for 2013. We could carryover as much as 2-3M, plus Haralson would need to be cut to save $2.87M, he would save $2.45M now by being cut after training camp.

We could be between 10 and 18M under with carryover, and that includes our 2012 picks being signed. We likely won't keep all 13 picks we may have to begin draft weekend. So I can see us trading up in rounds 2 or 3 with extra 4th round pick or 5th rounders.

Obvious needs would be a FS if Goldson isn't kept, if we feel we can do better, a NT if Sopoaga isn't signed, a TE to develop, along with depth at ILB, maybe a day 2 CB, WR of course, can't have too many quality WRs, and competition at DE.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
10 Players I'd be watching as far as a 49ers potential wish-list.

1. NT Jesse Williams, Alabama
2. FS TJ McDonald, USC
3. NT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
4. DE Margus Hunt, SMU
5. DE Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
6. S Ray Ray Armstong, Miami
7. WR Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas
8. CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
9. FS Robert Lester, Alabama
10. CB Micah Hyde, Iowa

I will take any guy named "Ray Ray" That's just awesome.

the kid is 6'4....at FS

Can he cover well? I've seen him play a few times and was impressed but it's been a while since I saw him play. If he can cover well enough though he'd be similar to Sean Taylor, and could be a real dominant play maker back there.

Coverage skills were good but needed improvement, should be better this year. He wont hit with he power of a big safety, he is tall but not very heavy.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
10 Players I'd be watching as far as a 49ers potential wish-list.

1. NT Jesse Williams, Alabama
2. FS TJ McDonald, USC
3. NT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
4. DE Margus Hunt, SMU
5. DE Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
6. S Ray Ray Armstong, Miami
7. WR Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas
8. CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
9. FS Robert Lester, Alabama
10. CB Micah Hyde, Iowa

I will take any guy named "Ray Ray" That's just awesome.

the kid is 6'4....at FS

Can he cover well? I've seen him play a few times and was impressed but it's been a while since I saw him play. If he can cover well enough though he'd be similar to Sean Taylor, and could be a real dominant play maker back there.

Coverage skills were good but needed improvement, should be better this year. He wont hit with he power of a big safety, he is tall but not very heavy.

That's fine. He could get a lot of INTs at that height. It'd be like how the Ravens have Reed behind Lewis. Plus he could probably fight the big WRs like Fitz when they try to throw a f**king fade route on us
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
10 Players I'd be watching as far as a 49ers potential wish-list.

1. NT Jesse Williams, Alabama
2. FS TJ McDonald, USC
3. NT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
4. DE Margus Hunt, SMU
5. DE Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
6. S Ray Ray Armstong, Miami
7. WR Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas
8. CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
9. FS Robert Lester, Alabama
10. CB Micah Hyde, Iowa

I will take any guy named "Ray Ray" That's just awesome.

the kid is 6'4....at FS

Can he cover well? I've seen him play a few times and was impressed but it's been a while since I saw him play. If he can cover well enough though he'd be similar to Sean Taylor, and could be a real dominant play maker back there.

Coverage skills were good but needed improvement, should be better this year. He wont hit with he power of a big safety, he is tall but not very heavy.

That's fine. He could get a lot of INTs at that height. It'd be like how the Ravens have Reed behind Lewis. Plus he could probably fight the big WRs like Fitz when they try to throw a f**king fade route on us

Big WR's and TE's.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Trade them all for keenan allen
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
At this point we may not be able to retain all our main FAs to be. Andy Lee should be #1 priority, as he is an all pro Punter. Then I would rank Delanie and Goldson next 2, followed by Isaac Sopoaga and Jean Francois. If the cap truly goes up very little, we will fight to make it.

I project after cut down days to be $118M committed for 2013. We could carryover as much as 2-3M, plus Haralson would need to be cut to save $2.87M, he would save $2.45M now by being cut after training camp.

We could be between 10 and 18M under with carryover, and that includes our 2012 picks being signed. We likely won't keep all 13 picks we may have to begin draft weekend. So I can see us trading up in rounds 2 or 3 with extra 4th round pick or 5th rounders.

Obvious needs would be a FS if Goldson isn't kept, if we feel we can do better, a NT if Sopoaga isn't signed, a TE to develop, along with depth at ILB, maybe a day 2 CB, WR of course, can't have too many quality WRs, and competition at DE.

Agree on Andy Lee being the #1 priority next off-season for sure. Was hoping we could get Goldson inked to a new deal this year, but we will see. I agree with Haralson being let go to save us some money. He is a good player, but we could get younger and some who can play more special teams on the roster too!
With success comes increased salaries...and staying under the cap becomes a struggle.

Haralson is a guy who would need to take a cut to stay. I'm also not sure that they can keep a guy like Cartwright, making big dime only for ST. That's where this draft should refill the pipeline with more inexpensive folks to play ST.
Draft the closest player like Justin Smith
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Trade them all for keenan allen

i say

hell yeah
In addition to our 3rd, 5th, 6tth, 7th rounder

we will probably pick up another 6th........

WAY TO GO BAALKE TO STOCK UP ON THE PICKS.........i bet Baalke trades up for guys he wants. OH YEAH!!!!
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
In addition to our 3rd, 5th, 6tth, 7th rounder

we will probably pick up another 6th........

WAY TO GO BAALKE TO STOCK UP ON THE PICKS.........i bet Baalke trades up for guys he wants. OH YEAH!!!!

Next years draft looks much better for the Niners from strictly a need basis, there are NT, FS and lots of offensive linemen that look pretty good. Bigger CB's seem to be in the first and second round area as well. Could also be better 3-4 DE value from 2-6 round next year but the point is next year looks much more promising than this year.
Originally posted by kronik:
I'm looking for a top stud safety/cornerback along with a young stud DL. Other than that, I dont see any positions of need for the near future

Another ILB when for when Bowman walks. Another WR for when Crabtree potentially walks. More depth along the OL, along with help at safety, 3-4 DE, CB and OLB for when Haralson is cut.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kronik:
I'm looking for a top stud safety/cornerback along with a young stud DL. Other than that, I dont see any positions of need for the near future

Another ILB when for when Bowman walks. Another WR for when Crabtree potentially walks. More depth along the OL, along with help at safety, 3-4 DE, CB and OLB for when Haralson is cut.

bowman isn't going anywhere.
66 think we need another 3-4 DE and a CB or S (depends what happens with goldson)

WR may also be a possibility '(although not too early) to replace moss
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
bowman isn't going anywhere.

For some reason I don't see the 49ers paying 2 ILB's Top 5 money, which Bowman will command, I assure you. Its why the Ravens had to part ways with Bart Scott.....just too much cash tied up at one position.