There are 284 users in the forums

49ers power player in 2013 draft

Tough to say where we'll go as far as positions until the season plays out.

We will need to find a stud DLine guy[s] to groom behind Justin and Soap. Hopefully the guys we have on the roster will be in the rotation frequently this season to determine their long term value.
I think the presence of such a high amount of draft picks leaves the 49ers with some options to handle the pending free agency of Goldson (now has much lower leverage), and Navarro Bowman.
What if soap wants 6 mil a year bc he is part of a top 3 defense and perhaps the best dl? I know he would like to stay....everyone usually does, however, we may not match any offers or overpay. Hopefully it will be like Rogers situation last year and he comes back for about 4 mil a year.
our 32nd pick and both round 3 picks could get us high enough to get Lattimore.

What do you think of that

that'd still leave us with 9 picks in the draft
Originally posted by smithc28:
our 32nd pick and both round 3 picks could get us high enough to get Lattimore.

What do you think of that

that'd still leave us with 9 picks in the draft

I like it. That would make our backfield be Gore, Lattimore, James, and Hunter.
We'll have the best backfield in the league soon. Even if we missed on Lattimore and got Ball, it'd still be good.
Just curious, what's the grade on Jesse Williams NT Alabama. He's from Brisbane so will be getting plenty of attention here
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Take BPA at #32

"T.J, McDonald, S, USC: The son of former NFL safety Tim McDonald is a big hitter like his father. The key for him will be his coverage skills improving"

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
"T.J, McDonald, S, USC: The son of former NFL safety Tim McDonald is a big hitter like his father. The key for him will be his coverage skills improving"

sounds like taylor mays
I think we should go after de or cb

Olb and if we extend goldson s are fine offensively I think we will be ok but we may look for another big body guy to replace moss TE also possibility

Keenan Allen

after we trade up from #32 of course
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

T-Mac was a baller but safeties of his stature are no longer needed in the NFL.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Saying it's going to be #32 jinxes us, now we'll be top 10. Alex and gore get hurt, and Kaepernick flops. Good job.

At least we'll have a good chance at trading up even further now. Get us a good quarterback.
[ Edited by mike on May 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM ]
Haralson won't be cut him for salary, he.makes the team regardless. 3-4 OLB is tough to learn and we would have no back-ups meaning we would be royally screwed if we got an injury. Last year we were lucky.

However, I do think he might be gone next year if Cam Johnson or Fleming step up. You need multiple quality backers in the 3-4 and Haralson is a sold starter, not flashy, but great on 1st and 2nd down.
John Boyett the Safety at Oregon is a tackling machine. Also I agree that the focus should be on getting some D-Line help as both Justin Smith and Sopoaga are getting long in the tooth.
Share 49ersWebzone