There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis

I respect the hell out you MD, but Jenkins is an F grade? It filled a need and was a good pick, he is a speedster who was productive at Illinois with a s**tty QB.

James is great pick, Sproles like to me.

Based on the way the draft went, Konz and Sanu would of been reaches, they went may lower than our picks would of been.

I am also happy with the trades we made, can't beat turning one pick into a 3rd, 5th, 6th in 2013 and 2 6ths this year.

It wasn't a flashy draft, but it was what we needed, depth. We didn't have many needs or holes at all. I only see maybe 5 open roster spots for the 53 man right now.

I give us a B+, and thats not counting the 3 2013 picks that we got.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Lmao I don't miss this place at all

Honeybadger dont care!
MD, why will Jenkins not be productive until year 3?
All I read was "I had Jenkins at 33 and think he could be a good player but since we didn't do what I wanted them to do I give them an F. They should have traded up for Decastro. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Our FO sucks waaaah waaaaah waaaaah"

Your draft analysis completely blows cock like always. There's a reason why your opinions are laughed at. I have no idea how you have been labeled as some draft guru as the few years that I have lurked On this board you have been wrong most of the time. Anybody can copy/paste a big board together and move some names around. I'm glad we don't have amateurs like yourself running our FO.
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I respect the hell out you MD, but Jenkins is an F grade? It filled a need and was a good pick, he is a speedster who was productive at Illinois with a s**tty QB.

James is great pick, Sproles like to me.

Based on the way the draft went, Konz and Sanu would of been reaches, they went may lower than our picks would of been.

I am also happy with the trades we made, can't beat turning one pick into a 3rd, 5th, 6th in 2013 and 2 6ths this year.

It wasn't a flashy draft, but it was what we needed, depth. We didn't have many needs or holes at all. I only see maybe 5 open roster spots for the 53 man right now.

I give us a B+, and thats not counting the 3 2013 picks that we got.

agree 1000%
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
All I read was "I had Jenkins at 33 and think he could be a good player but since we didn't do what I wanted them to do I give them an F. They should have traded up for Decastro. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Our FO sucks waaaah waaaaah waaaaah"

Your draft analysis completely blows cock like always. There's a reason why your opinions are laughed at. I have no idea how you have been labeled as some draft guru as the few years that I have lurked On this board you have been wrong most of the time. Anybody can copy/paste a big board together and move some names around. I'm glad we don't have amateurs like yourself running our FO.

Ouch.
Respect the time and effort you put in but im gonna have to disagree. AJ Jenkins is gonna be the real deal. Regardless of how anyone feels its clears is day that the Baalke loves athletes and believes the coaching staff can correct flaws. Has anybody thought of the idea that maybe the offrense we saw last year isnt what they prefer and just did the best with what they had? Even then what moves were made to prevent them from playing the same 2 TE style if they wanted to? Think about how versitle the team just got all of the future opponents wont even be able to gameplan from what they saw last year. Once again the niners are a step ahead. Then the whole runningback thing if Jacobs and Gore are still on the team after next year would be a surprise. Why wait until next year to grab a RB when the whole league knows you want one?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I agree about Jenkins, not necessarily the grade, but him being a #2. I think he would be an excellent #3 with Crabtree being our #2. Hence, we still need to get a #1. Maybe, next year with all our picks we can do something.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I agree about Jenkins, not necessarely the grade, but being a #2. I think he would be an excellent #3 with Crabtree being out #2. Hence, we still need to get a #1. Maybe, next year with all our picks we can do something.

What I love is we have that extra 3rd in our back pocket, we will have 1 pick on day 1(Our 1st), 3 on Day 2(1 2nd and 2 3rds), and 7 on day 3(1 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6th and 2 7ths), that will give us more ability to deal up and down for players or more future picks. I love it.
Grading draft the day after they happen is supid. Making a whole post to give your draft grades is stupid and narcissistic.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Grading draft the day after they happen is supid. Making a whole post to give your draft grades is stupid and narcissistic.

Oh come on. You know there are a ton of people on this board looking forward to MadDog's draft grades. I would not go as far as narcissistic.
Thanks for putting the work into this MD, but I completely disagree. I am usually one who defends you, but what makes any of those other WRs better than AJ? Steven Hill, had like 40 catches last year. Remember, the last WR that came out of GT from the present Wishbone Coach took a couple of years to develop in
Denver didn't he. They don't run routes in GT, they just run streaks.

AJ had a pretty productive career at Illinois without a good QB. He runs routes well, is fast, and has sure hands that don't drop balls. Sounds a little like a guy the 49ers drafted in 1985 (No, I'm not saying.......). It's always a hit or miss with WRs.

As for LMJ, I see him as another tool for Harbaugh. I can see him in the slot with Gore in the Backfield.

The other thing these two players bring to the table is consistent performance sustained over at least a 3 year college career. AJ is also an academic guy. I know that doesn't mean anything to someone who went to OSU, Florida, LSU or Alabama, but it does in Harbaugh's offense.

Couple this with the fact that we stockpiled draft picks, and you get the idea that we should be set for next year. Heck, the team that everyone tries to emulate learned this from Bill Walsh.

Finally for those who said we still don't have a # 1 WR, there are two ways to be in line to get one. You either stink up the previous season, or you trade away the future to get one. I still ask this question though, with the Ram "Greatest Show on Turf", who was there # 1 receiver. Was it Bruce or Holt? If you have several very good WRs, who needs a # 1 Diva. For that matter, who is the number 1 for the Saints? How about the Packers?
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by boomer49er:

Oh come on. You know there are a ton of people on this board looking forward to MadDog's draft grades. I would not go as far as narcissistic.

Agreed, I enjoy reading what he and OTC say, even if I disagree with it. I respect the hell out of both of them, but doesn't mean I agree with them all the time, same with them agreeing with me all the time.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
I don't understand how people can look at a player and automatically assume "he can't be a #1 receiver." He doesn't have prototypical receiver size like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald? Neither does Mike Wallace, DeSean Jackson, Steve Smith or Greg Jennings. Not only does A.J. Jenkins fit the mold of the 4 aforementioned players, but he also matches the size of players like Tim Brown, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, and Rod Smith. There's more to being a receiver than being tall and 220 lbs. AJ has the hands and attention to detail in route running to be a great receiver in the league.
Not a fan at all of draft grades right after a draft. Lets see them on the NFL field first.