Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Lol at slowey pick getting an A

Totally agree, a small school player who probably would have been undrafted, to give that an A is very curious.

It's about value bruh.....
Lots of ways to award grades, as we all know. An A can mean a top flight contributor to the team regardless of position from which drafted, or A because of contribution relative to position to the draft. I dare say many high pick draft picks contribute to a team's success, but to a much lower level than expected. Conversely, some make a high contribution from a low draft pick slot. An agreed upon measure of contribution is also necessary.

For example, rookie draft pick 1 hauls in 7 TD catches. A number 6 draft pick picks up 5 TD catches. Does draft pick 1 get a higher grade than draft pick 6?

I think it's difficult to compare draft pick grades unless the same parameters are applied. But, it's interesting nevertheless to present grades.

Of course, prior to setting foot onto a field to play a pro game, it's a different story. Do we judge on purely collegiate stats, or judge on the basis of where we think they will be after a year of play?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Aug 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Lol at slowey pick getting an A

Totally agree, a small school player who probably would have been undrafted, to give that an A is very curious.

It's about value bruh.....

So you are saying Slowey was a value pick??

I think you mean he was a dark horse long shot pick?? Value would be taking the first round calibur CB with legal troubles that the Patriots got in round 7. That is value.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Once again, a few years down the road, a clear picture of the strength of this draft will emerge.

lol understatement of the year
Originally posted by A-R-S:
lol understatement of the year

Just takes some time. No immediate answers. Can't get too high or too low in the preseason. Have to wait through the first year and even beyond to see how it all plays out. That being said, the draft I had in my BPA feels good at this point.

Round One- Peter Konz, C/G
Round Two- Mohamed Sanu, WR
Round Three- Brandon Thompson, NT
Round Four- Malik Jackson, DE
Round Five- Vick Ballard, RB
Round Six- Antonio Allen, SS
Round Seven- Derrius Brooks, CB

ZOMG! I love when people try to pretend to be like the Tod McShays and Mel Kipers of the world. Don't you have anything better to do with yourself?
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
ZOMG! I love when people try to pretend to be like the Tod McShays and Mel Kipers of the world. Don't you have anything better to do with yourself?

I don't always agree, but he puts in quality work.
ZOMG Football is a pass time...

Some would question whether you have any thing better to do with your time then go on a fan forum and call oit someone for wasting theirntime doind draft analysis.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Some would question whether you have any thing better to do with your time then go on a fan forum and call oit someone for wasting theirntime doind draft analysis.

I'd rather read MadDog's posts than theirs honestly. They rely on media too much and MadDog seems to focus more on the individual and has always given me terrific insights on players that matter to me.

Don't you have anything better to do than be a troll? I counter troll you!!!

Troll!
Was everyone clowing MD about wanting Watt over Aldon? That is the only guy I would take over Aldon probably, lol
Originally posted by sacniner:
Was everyone clowing MD about wanting Watt over Aldon? That is the only guy I would take over Aldon probably, lol

I know some people were clowning Watt as a player, but I think most people clown him because he hates on our selections. I think Maddog is very good at evaluating talent, but he's way too emotionally attached to his own opinion on how the franchise should be built.

You don't b**** about passing on Hali Ngata when you selected Demarcus Ware.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM ]
MD has some of the best analysis and comments in the Zone.

If you don't like it - don't read it.

Hey MD - Keep up the fine work.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by NTeply49:

Troll!

Why is he a troll?

I misread his statement slightly and would like to rename thy prince! Didn't see he was bashing the basher, thought he was contributing to bashing
So is our draft grade TBD cause we dont play our draft picks???