LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Woulda, shoulda, coulda?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda?

Think I heard we were offered a thirtd to trade out of our first rounder? Would have been happy with Hill and a 3rd over AJ....we will see.
I probably would have taken Stephen Hill, but I guess the 9ers didn't like his tape. I don't have a problem with the Jenkins pick once they explained their thinking. I still would have liked a tall receiver somewhere in the draft, but I am reasonably satisfied with the picks, so I chose the first option in the poll.
We got value, we got a #1WR, tho nobody knows it yet, we got a situational back for 3rd downs and in the RZ, and we FAed Jacobs for 4th or 3rd and real short. When your team ends up drafting situational players, you probably have arrived. We knew that back in the playoffs, when we missed going to and winning the SB by two PR fumbles by a back up. Note we now have 3 guys who can sub in for Ginn. Since i am the one worst mock draft picker on the WZ, i instead make guesses on situational players. None, zero of the guys we picked were on my list, and 3 of them I just had never seen. The fascinating pick was truly situational with La Michael, in that his pick guarantees no more box 8. La Michael brought a screaming halt to 8,9 or even 10 guys on the LOS. If teams try that now, it will be met with a huge gain for us. And that is something never under consideration a mere 3 yrs ago. After the ALL DONE, Culliver, picks, the addition of Carlos Rogers, it is apparent that my guessing what our F.O is going to do is useless, as these guys have it down to a science. Doubters, just check out our #1 WR in 3 mos. Odds on it is AJ, outplaying Hill, Floyd and yes, Blackmon. We got great value for all guys and our serious OL need is obviously being taken care of by Kilgore, or we would have had DeCastro or Zeitler. The replacement OL probably ends up in some starting roles THIS YR, and that is based on just how good our GM and HC are.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we need to go back to the days of losing on purpose in order to draft higher. if we lose we get better draft picks. am i the only one who misses those days?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i really wanted streeter =[
me wanted mcnutt but i am very happy with who we got, the home run speed we got and the nice depth we got and what we have for next year,,, 13 14 picks??wow
Originally posted by cciowa:
we need to go back to the days of losing on purpose in order to draft higher. if we lose we get better draft picks. am i the only one who misses those days?

You serious?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i really wanted streeter =[
me wanted mcnutt but i am very happy with who we got, the home run speed we got and the nice depth we got and what we have for next year,,, 13 14 picks??wow

its funny that you say that. I was watching some Iowa film today and I kept saying "who the hell is that #7 guy who is just destroying defenders" I looked up the roster and couldnt find anything and then that when I realized that McNutt was from Iowa and that it was him. lol.
Justin wanted Streeter, my heart broke when the Rams took Brian Quick, my favorite reciever in the draft and then again when the Seahawks too Turbin, my favorite RB in the draft.
I say if Jenkins works his way to #1, somebody gets traded for picks then those picks get traded for even higher picks, we truly only need like 4-5 picks cause we're just that solid of a team. If we somehow managed to pull of getting a mid 1st, an early and mid 2nd and an early and mid 3rd, we might be set.
Guys you should follow this year(and possibly next):
FS: T.J McDonald from USC
WR:Justin Hunter(2014) from Tennessee
WR:Keenan Allen(2014) from Cal
NT: Jesse Williams from Alabama
NT: Sylvester Williams from North Carolina
DE:Malliciah Goodman from Clemson
DE: Izaan Cross from Georgia Tech
Alot of good Strong Safeties coming out this year
WR and RB will be goood in 2014
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I voted Got what we wanted/needed. It's clear, we had no clear holes, no major weaknesses, little roster spots open, especially on 46 gameday roster, so we did an excellent job at getting depth.
I wouldnt say that. At least a starting RG or a #1-Wideout are still needed. As for now, I don't see any Niner filling these spots...
Forget about a WR for a second and think of a RG...We could at least TRY to trade up for DeCastro.
[ Edited by communist on May 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone