There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 WR Prospects?

I think we are going to have a strong receiving corps this year. And even if Moss doesn't have a second year in the tank, Crabtree, Jenkins, and Manningham give us a very solid core of well-rounded WRs going forward.

With that said, depending on who is available (and I have no idea, hence this thread), next year could be our year to pull a Julio Jones and make this offense over-the-top scary on paper just like the D. Any early faves?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I think we are going to have a strong receiving corps this year. And even if Moss doesn't have a second year in the tank, Crabtree, Jenkins, and Manningham give us a very solid core of well-rounded WRs going forward.

With that said, depending on who is available (and I have no idea, hence this thread), next year could be our year to pull a Julio Jones and make this offense over-the-top scary on paper just like the D. Any early faves?

this is arguably the deepest position in next year's draft, at least as of today
  • sfout
  • Veteran
According to WF the top 5 eligible WRs in order from this past september lol

Robert Woods USC

Keenan Allen CAL

Kenny Stills OKLA - my favorite

Marquess Wilson WSU

Tarverres King UGA
Robert Woods should be beastly
Originally posted by saniner:
Robert Woods should be beastly

top 10 pick
Cobi Hamilton - ARK. Potentially might be the best receiver Arkansas had on a team that had 3 WRs drafted this year.
KEENAN ALLEN!!!
Cobi Hamilton
Keenan Allen
Tavon Austin WVU
And there's another good WVU receiver I think.
Originally posted by sfout:
According to WF the top 5 eligible WRs in order from this past september lol

Robert Woods USC

Keenan Allen CAL

Kenny Stills OKLA - my favorite

Marquess Wilson WSU

Tarverres King UGA

and wilson is my favorite hes 6 foot 4 inch and is fast

dudes a beast

we do need a #1 WR still wouldnt mind trading up for one next year
I'm thinking we might only have Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins on the roster for next year. If we want just guessing at where the Panthers end up next year we can use our 1st (assuming around 30), 2nd, 3rd and 3rd (panthers) to get up to around pick 12. I did the value chart calculations earlier.
looked at last year's rankings.

Last year my WR rankings:

1. Justin Blackmon (1st taken)

2. Michael Floyd (2nd taken)

3. Stephen Hill (6th taken)

4. Chris Givens (14th taken)

5. A.J. Jenkins (4th taken)

6. Rueben Randle (9th taken)

7. Kendall Wright (3rd taken

8. Alshon Jeffery (7th taken)

9. Marvin Jones (late 5th rounder)

10. Joe Adams (4th rounder)

I still like my rankings based on the year so far. Obviosuly my sleepers are Givens, Marvin Jones and Joe Adams. Givens will get his chance this week to prove me right (please do!). My problem with Kendall Wright was I thought he projected as a slot reciever where he would be very effective. I'm not giving up on Jones/Adams, give them time and I think they can emerge.

But how about me and MD predicting AJ would be the 5th WR taken? He went 4th.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/163788-your-big-board-top/page7/search=WR

Guys I thought were reaches: Brian Quick, Ryan Broyles, DeVrier Posey, TJ Graham. I think so far Quick, Broyles, and Posey have confirmed they are reaches. But obviously its early. Graham has looked decent though. All too early for a final decision though.
this year is stacked with great WR prospects so many elite options this year i think they are maybe 3 or 4 WR that couldve easily gone ahead of justin blackmon if he stayed an extra year

a lot of talent will be falling this year in WR position
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this year is stacked with great WR prospects so many elite options this year i think they are maybe 3 or 4 WR that couldve easily gone ahead of justin blackmon if he stayed an extra year

a lot of talent will be falling this year in WR position

Really depends on how many juniors come out. The senior WR group isn't that special.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Cobi Hamilton
Keenan Allen
Tavon Austin WVU
And there's another good WVU receiver I think.

Stedman Bailey is the other WVU WR.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Scouts Inc new top 10 as of 10/10 are

Seniors
1. Tavon Austin
2. Aaron Dobson
3. Cobi Hamilton
4. Terrance Williams
5. Denard Robinson ( yes I know this is funny to see )

Juniors
1. Justin Hunter
2. Keenan Allen
3. Stedman Bailey
4. DeAndre Hopkins
5. Robert Woods