Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

#CALGANG
A+ by my account. LOL

Grading the draft as soon as it ends.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Boulderdash:
I thought things were looking up after Robinson. I guess I was wrong. This draft is getting graded as best to middling over at WalterFootball.

Who gives a f**k? Their draft boards were all f**ked up compared to what actually went down, all this proves is that the people whose jobs depend on making the right picks are brighter than the so-called prognasticators.

Agreed. We all need to acknowledge that the fan-scout era on the internet is mostly smoke and mirrors.

Same. Who gives a f**k about grades. No one can predict the future. Your grades reflect whether *you* like the pick or not. No one knows who's going to turn out to be good or bad, not even the "experts".

Grading drafts is a senseless exercise before 2 or 3 years.

The same experts on here gave last year's draft a middling grade and look how that turned out
[ Edited by Schulzy on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]
Are there any 2013 mock drafts?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
A if they got Streeter, right?

I don't think Streeter will even be on Baltimore's practice squad this year. He should have stayed in college one more year.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
#CALGANG

Dj!

Guyton still available?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
C+ for me so far. Maybe B- depending on our last pick.
Please see post just above yours.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
A if they got Streeter, right?

I don't think Streeter will even be on Baltimore's practice squad this year. He should have stayed in college one more year.

I don't understand that argument. If staying in college one more year would have turned him into a great prospect, wouldn't that be the perfect argument in favor of drafting him late for value? What better way to develop into an NFL receiver than being in the NFL?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
C+ for me so far. Maybe B- depending on our last pick.

Not sure what people were expecting?

I think AJ Jenkins was a brilliant pick, he could be the #2 WR by the start of the 2013 season, he's one of the most ready to contribute WR's in the draft.

LaMichael James is pure explosion on offense, can create all sorts of mismatches, make this team more dangerous and unpredictable.

Looney is a good addition as a guard, good character guy, leader, could end up as a starter for this team.

Fleming is good OLB depth, not flashy but does everything well, will be a boost to special teams and injury insurance for this team.

Robinson was a steal where he was picked, provides badly needed safety depth, great coverage safety, a team leader, very good pick.

Slowey was a small school sleeper, the 49ers met with him, liked him, decided...why not? He can move to center, he's aggressive, tough, loves to compete

Not sure what anyone has to be upset about, there will be more OL depth and the offense will be significantly more dangerous.....I'm content.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Same. Who gives a f**k about grades. No one can predict the future. Your grades reflect whether *you* like the pick or not. No one knows who's going to turn out to be good or bad, not even the "experts".

Grading drafts is a senseless exercise before 2 or 3 years.

The same experts on here gave last year's draft a middling grade and look how that turned out
+1

As the majority of my opinion of Joe Looney was of his senior bowl practice (which he struggled), I have to take back eveyrthing I said. While OL don't geenrally have highlight tape, check out the highlight tape for Brandon Pendergrass the Wake Forrest RB. I can't judge his pass blockin, but this kid can run block like a monster. He is so explosive off the snap and gets up field quicker than any guard I've seen this draft. As the struggles I saw from him during the Senior Bowl were all pass protection, hopefully we can coach him up some. Overall I fell MUCH better about this pick.

I don't understand that argument. If staying in college one more year would have turned him into a great prospect, wouldn't that be the perfect argument in favor of drafting him late for value? What better way to develop into an NFL receiver than being in the NFL?

Had he stayed in college one more year he probably would have gotten drafted higher next year and made more money as a result.
#CALGANG
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Had he stayed in college one more year he probably would have gotten drafted higher next year and made more money as a result.

I get the "should have stayed in school" argument from his perspective. I don't get it as an argument that we shouldn't have drafted him. I say, we should have drafted him in the 5th or 6th, and someone replies, dude probably won't make the practice squad because he should have stayed another year in school.

Because he flat out isn't ready. He drops way to many balls, he relies on speed instead of route running. Playing another year in college he could have worked on that. This year even if he makes the practice roster, he won't get any reps.
Share 49ersWebzone