LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Grading the Niners on NFL network now.

Billick says we added good explosion to the smash-mouth.

Lombardi grades

49ers: B
Rams: B
Cards: C+
Hawks: C

Per Lombardi the 49ers kept their distance from the rest of the division

Lombardi also liked all the picks the Niners got.

I loved our draft, kept our distance from the rest. We did add a new dimension with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins. And added solid OL in Looney and Slowey. I like the other 2 picks, Robinson and Fleming, I see no reason people should be upset, but it happens every year. people hype up players and when not drafted the FO gets blasted, which is unfair. They know better than us who is the better player. I was obvious Fleener wasn't valued like we did with Jenkins, plus we didn't need a TE.

Iverall, we did great, I say B+, I include the fact we got 3 more picks in 2013, especially the 3rd from Carolina.

Agreed, I think the best picks of our draft were the ones we didn't make. Getting a 3rd, 5th, and 6th for next year is a great consolation prize on Day 2/3.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM ]
I loved our draft, kept our distance from the rest. We did add a new dimension with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins. And added solid OL in Looney and Slowey. I like the other 2 picks, Robinson and Fleming, I see no reason people should be upset, but it happens every year. people hype up players and when not drafted the FO gets blasted, which is unfair. They know better than us who is the better player. I was obvious Fleener wasn't valued like we did with Jenkins, plus we didn't need a TE.

Iverall, we did great, I say B+, I include the fact we got 3 more picks in 2013, especially the 3rd from Carolina.

Yeah that 3rd rounder is huge because that draft looks to be very deep next year with good potential guys at 3-4 DE, safety and tight-end. 49ers are going to still get 7 players out of this draft, plus 3 extra picks next year....not sure how you can be mad when every pick fills a need for this team.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Grading the Niners on NFL network now.

Billick says we added good explosion to the smash-mouth.

Lombardi grades

49ers: B
Rams: B
Cards: C+
Hawks: C

Per Lombardi the 49ers kept their distance from the rest of the division

Lombardi also liked all the picks the Niners got.
Plus we added a third and a sixth next year. Not bad.

also added a fifth that Eisen keps forgetting to mention, plus the seventh for Mays. Eleven picks next year: 1,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,6,7,7
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]

Now lets just hope Carolina does bad so that pick turns into a HIGH 3rd round
draft alfonzo dennard. fvck da police!
Yes, those extra picks, especially the third, need to be factored in with this grade. I like the way they moved around the board on day 2/3 and added depth at need positions.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Udfa's coming up! likely already contacted a few.
some fugger got drafted
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Now lets just hope Carolina does bad so that pick turns into a HIGH 3rd round

The last time we counted on that, they f**ked the 49ers over. But it still turned into Iupati, so it's all good.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
draft alfonzo dennard. fvck da police!

You gonna show up at jailhouse to post bail????

• RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Boulderdash:
I thought things were looking up after Robinson. I guess I was wrong. This draft is getting graded as best to middling over at WalterFootball.

Who gives a f**k? Their draft boards were all f**ked up compared to what actually went down, all this proves is that the people whose jobs depend on making the right picks are brighter than the so-called prognasticators.

Agreed. We all need to acknowledge that the fan-scout era on the internet is mostly smoke and mirrors.
C+ for me so far. Maybe B- depending on our last pick.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
C+ for me so far. Maybe B- depending on our last pick.

A if they got Streeter, right?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
some fugger got drafted

Hes one tough fugger.
I like this draft. Stockpiling picks has made the Patriots a player on draft day every year. We got to special players in the first two rounds. So take a ground pounding guard for a team that likes to pound the rock, but add speed players for a change of pace. Yes, I would have liked to see a DL player drafted, but even I who was a fan of Billy Winn saw how he got handled at the Sr Bowl. We can get those extra D lineman next year, but we added some new tools for the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone