There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
what if they randomly selected a web zone member each year to join the team as a walk-on?

That would be fun, and entertaining to say the least...

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy.

probably could get one of us as a UDFA. My agent says the phone hasn't been ringing
Originally posted by btthepunk:
People grow up. I think MadDog hated Ahmad Brooks and said "once a turd, always a turd." I think our coaches could get through to him.
Dude, look at my location......c'mon, stop buying the hype. I got to see this guy play regularly.

Burfict, if a team wants him on special teams and to do nothing else but be a heat-seeking missile, he'll do a great job but he can't function in a structured defense, he likes to go off and do his own thing and was out of position more times often than not, he can't handle criticism, even gentle criticism, he's extremely defensive, he plays too high on emotion resulting in stupid penalties, its one of the best examples of million dollar body and 10 cent brain that I've ever seen. He'll make one great play, followed by 2 stupid penalties, followed by 2 big plays by the offense because he was out of position and missed his assignment.

The guy needs serious therapy, not an NFL contract.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Lombardi also liked all the picks the Niners got.
That's unusual, Lombari and LaCanfora are usually slamming the 49ers at every possible opportunity.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Grading the Niners on NFL network now.

Billick says we added good explosion to the smash-mouth.

Lombardi grades

49ers: B
Rams: B
Cards: C+
Hawks: C

Per Lombardi the 49ers kept their distance from the rest of the division

Plus we added a third and a sixth next year. Not bad.

Lombardi grades

I loved our draft, kept our distance from the rest. We did add a new dimension with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins. And added solid OL in Looney and Slowey. I like the other 2 picks, Robinson and Fleming, I see no reason people should be upset, but it happens every year. people hype up players and when not drafted the FO gets blasted, which is unfair. They know better than us who is the better player. I was obvious Fleener wasn't valued like we did with Jenkins, plus we didn't need a TE.

Iverall, we did great, I say B+, I include the fact we got 3 more picks in 2013, especially the 3rd from Carolina.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Lombardi grades

I loved our draft, kept our distance from the rest. We did add a new dimension with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins. And added solid OL in Looney and Slowey. I like the other 2 picks, Robinson and Fleming, I see no reason people should be upset, but it happens every year. people hype up players and when not drafted the FO gets blasted, which is unfair. They know better than us who is the better player. I was obvious Fleener wasn't valued like we did with Jenkins, plus we didn't need a TE.

Iverall, we did great, I say B+, I include the fact we got 3 more picks in 2013, especially the 3rd from Carolina.

Agreed, I think the best picks of our draft were the ones we didn't make. Getting a 3rd, 5th, and 6th for next year is a great consolation prize on Day 2/3.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM ]

Yeah that 3rd rounder is huge because that draft looks to be very deep next year with good potential guys at 3-4 DE, safety and tight-end. 49ers are going to still get 7 players out of this draft, plus 3 extra picks next year....not sure how you can be mad when every pick fills a need for this team.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Lombardi grades

Plus we added a third and a sixth next year. Not bad.

also added a fifth that Eisen keps forgetting to mention, plus the seventh for Mays. Eleven picks next year: 1,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,6,7,7
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]

Now lets just hope Carolina does bad so that pick turns into a HIGH 3rd round
draft alfonzo dennard. fvck da police!
Yes, those extra picks, especially the third, need to be factored in with this grade. I like the way they moved around the board on day 2/3 and added depth at need positions.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Udfa's coming up! likely already contacted a few.
some fugger got drafted
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Now lets just hope Carolina does bad so that pick turns into a HIGH 3rd round

The last time we counted on that, they f**ked the 49ers over. But it still turned into Iupati, so it's all good.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
draft alfonzo dennard. fvck da police!

You gonna show up at jailhouse to post bail????