There are 144 users in the forums

Rams had a first round grade on AJ Jenkins

They Rated him almost as high as Blackmon, and it appears that they would have almost certainly taken him at #33.

The mood at the Rams fan sites is somber and many rams fans thought Jenkins was their secret steal of the draft.

Whoever is in charge of providing intel to Baalke, I say "bravo"!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-miss-out-on-jenkins/article_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html
The 49ers are also saying that they timed his 40 at 4.31, not 4.38 like others are reporting.

Same to assume the Rams might have this time too.

This all tells me AJ Jenkins is a Mike Wallace prospect.
He shot up the boards these last couple of days! I just stated that Walterfootball had him at 38 to Jax.

That was weird to me, but now I realize why we took him so early. Although we could have waited... there were teams that liked him that needed a WR at the top and mid 2nd!!
Baalke is tthe MAN!

He is a decisive leader. Now, with JH to develop him and we're on our way.

I can't wait for today's picks. Will we move up - down or stay pat?
We know nothing. And Baalke is the man. This is going to be a very interesting offense and there will be some serious battles going on in training camp. I think we are the deepest we've been at receiver since we had T.O., Stokes, and Streets.
When I heard the name I was like WTF! But I'm liking what I here about him!
Like most, I was bummed when I heard "A.J. Jenkins," mostly because I didn't know much about him, and I study this sheeyat! But 95% of what Baalke has done has turned out right, so I trust his judgement and won't get too pissed if guys like Coby Fleener, Stephen Hill, Cordy Glenn or Peter Konz (who were all available when we selected Jenkins) go on to have great careers.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
They Rated him almost as high as Blackmon, and it appears that they would have almost certainly taken him at #33.

The mood at the Rams fan sites is somber and many rams fans thought Jenkins was their secret steal of the draft.

Whoever is in charge of providing intel to Baalke, I say "bravo"!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-miss-out-on-jenkins/article_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html

I'm glad you posted this, I was just going to do the same. I'm from San Francisco and currently live in STL. The media and team here are definitely disappointed that Jenkins was selected. Obviously, since he's from Illinois, they've had significant opportunity to observe him. He looks awesome.
Great find. I think there are differing opinions on a LOT of players once you get past the elite guys at the top of the first round. I'm sure there were teams that had him as a 2nd or even 3rd rd prospect. Doesnt matter though. Its what the Niners saw in him that counts in the long run.
This guy reminds me of Kendall Wright

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

uhhhh huhhh Thought he was gonna be undrafted
  • sfout
  • Veteran
copied from PFT's re-reporting of Michael Silver lolol

Silver writes that when the Rams found out the Jags had jumped them and would take Blackmon fifth overall, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher slammed his eyeglasses onto the table and uttered a one-syllable expletive. But Fisher recovered quickly and was thrilled with what followed: The Rams moved down to No. 14 in a trade that got them the Cowboys' second-round pick, and the player the Rams chose at 14, Brockers, is someone they liked well enough that they would have considered taking him sixth.

Not only did they miss out on Blackmon but they also apparently missed out on their next best WR in Jenkins! So so rich!
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Double post
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Except that he's much faster and two inches taller -- and can play the flanker position. He also has arms 2.5 inches longer, hands 1 inch bigger.

Identical vertical, so Jenkins can get an additional 4 1/4 inches up at a ball thrown high. On diving extended catches you have the same thing, but gravitated -- jenkins has a 3'' longer broad jump.
Originally posted by sfout:
Double post

uh, no.
Share 49ersWebzone