There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft a second WR?

Moving on from Jenkins, there are still a lot of big, red zone WR. Will the Niners take a 2nd WR somewhere in the draft?
Childs would be nice
Doubt it, but probably a TE.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Doubt it, but probably a TE.

TE was actually what made me think of this. The TE class is pretty weak. Maybe they draft one of the big bodied WR and convert him, like Walker?
If not, they could still use a big target. I have doubts about Moss making it through camp.
Erm... why?
probally done, but possibly could take a flyer in the late rounds. Maybe a Wylie, who alot of people are high on and has special teams ability, or some sleeper that they have targeted.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think we take an O-lineman tomorrow in the 2nd and secondary in the 3rd. I'd be pretty shocked if we took another WR when we have so many already on the roster.
I would look for some competition for Ted Ginn, who is mostly doing KR/PR return duties. He certainly hasn't done much as a WR, except perhaps to take a DB deep with him.

In 2011 Ginn caught 19 balls for 220 yards and 0 TDs. And with his speed, he should be a deep threat, so the lack of TDs is telling.

I like Devon Wylie if he is still around in the 5th or 6th. Has better hands and is more agile than Ginn with roughly the same speed. So I think he is a better receiver, and can handle KR/PR.
Originally posted by Butter:
Moving on from Jenkins, there are still a lot of big, red zone WR. Will the Niners take a 2nd WR somewhere in the draft?

This guy's name is BUTTER.

Lots of good ones left but not really any room. Maybe late...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think we take an O-lineman tomorrow in the 2nd and secondary in the 3rd. I'd be pretty shocked if we took another WR when we have so many already on the roster.

I think we have other needs. And I agree the roster is getting full at WR. I don't think so anymore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think we have other needs. And I agree the roster is getting full at WR. I don't think so anymore.

They do have a lot of bodies in their WR core, but I don't know if I'd say they are set at that position. Manningham, Ginn, Williams, Jenkins, they're all in that 6 foot or less range. That's fine when they are outside the 20s, but does that mean Akers leads the offense again this year? I have serious doubts that Moss will make this team, and even if he does, he wont last past this year.

Maybe the answer is to bring in a big, tall UDFA. I just think they passed on one of their biggest needs not getting a big redzone target.
NO. Crabtree, Mario, Moss, Jenkins, Williams, Ginn... there would be no room for another WR. Plus, the Niners need to address needs on both lines and at safey. Just dont see it.
Yes. This time get a tall development type later. Moss, Ginn, and Williams need competition.