LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 182 users in the forums

MadDog's Big 253 Final Board

Maddog I love your analysis. I don't always agreee with it but it's interesting.

In regards to DeCastro......Harbaugh saw the guy PLENTY, he recruited him and used him well. So they had their chance to get him. I've watched DeCastro and he is violent, pulls well and hits in space, but the guy isn't a mauler. He is going to have to play more technique and his forty time is a little slow. So bottom line is that I think he's going to be good in the league but is he Logan Mankins, I don't think so.

Also do you want to have five 1st round picks on the line. I am a big fan of the oline (I played in high school guard and tackle) it is the strength of the team and sets the tone, but 5 1st round picks on the line is not good balance. Getting Looney in the 4th who is bigger and pulls as well as DeCastro. I think he might move to Center. He seems like a Pro bowl center to me over guard. They also picked up Slowey late who you had on your board, I like that guy a lot. Why do you think Konz is so much better than Slowey? Slowey out benched Konz by 16 reps, is just as nasty and played a tougher position. Konz didn't blow me away when I watched him. Plus they must really like Kilgore and Boone and person.

AJ Jenkins.....give yourself props by rating him at 37. I think the guy is going to be good and will add a lot to the team. He's a team guy and can fit in anywhere and he gives us speed. He can play all of the WR spots and probably gets in and out of his breaks better than anyone in the draft. I wasn't sold on Hill and Sanu or Jeffrey. They talked about Hill being a one dimensional 9 route runner. Jenkins production with a bad offense shows he can develop further with more weapons and a better o.

Anyway, the draft was interesting as always. It's going to be great to see these guys develop. I really want to see A J Jenkins and La Michael James play.
And props to you for getting 199 picks right.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Final results on total number of drafted players in the 2012 NFL Draft

1. MadDog49er-199
2. Walter Football- 198
3. OTC- 197 (please double-check)
4. Chad Reuter- NFL.com- 197
5. GBN Report- 196
6. DraftSite.com-186
7. Wes Bunting- National Football Post- 182
8. Peter Schrager- Fox Sports.com- 176

If someone has access to Scouts, Inc./Todd McShay's for pay ESPN 7-rounder, I'd love to hear their result. The same goes for Ourlads.
Cheers.

49ers draft analysis tomorrow: Sneak Preview: "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

197 is right, MD. I counted earlier. I consider it a colossal failure on my part because I pulled four players off the board the day of the draft that would have kept me at my minimum goal of 200. But Congrats MadDog! You win fair and square and are the new Draft King this year! I knew late in the draft I didn't think I could pull it off this time. While I did not hit my percentage goals, I am very pleased with my slot accuracy. I hit multiple players on the exact slot or within one or two picks. I think it was an incredibly tough year for everyone, so many surprises and a lot less "value picks" than expected. But overall still so much fun and it'll be exciting to see how these players pan out.

Cheers.
Thanks guys for putting in all the hard work. Then idiots like me get to drool over prospects and your rankings for months, only to have our favorite team draft none of the players we like. THANKS
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Thanks guys for putting in all the hard work. Then idiots like me get to drool over prospects and your rankings for months, only to have our favorite team draft none of the players we like. THANKS

I also want to say thanks for all your hard work. Loved having access to your top 253 and the 49er exclusive material. Your efforts are awesome.
Great job as always OTC and MadDog. You both are great assets to this message board.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Great job as always OTC and MadDog. You both are great assets to this message board.

to MadDog and OTC!!!!
You dudes are awesome!
197 is right, MD. I counted earlier. I consider it a colossal failure on my part because I pulled four players off the board the day of the draft that would have kept me at my minimum goal of 200. But Congrats MadDog! You win fair and square and are the new Draft King this year! I knew late in the draft I didn't think I could pull it off this time. While I did not hit my percentage goals, I am very pleased with my slot accuracy. I hit multiple players on the exact slot or within one or two picks. I think it was an incredibly tough year for everyone, so many surprises and a lot less "value picks" than expected. But overall still so much fun and it'll be exciting to see how these players pan out.

Cheers.

Thanks. I was also disappointed in my overall number as I haven't fallen below 200 picks in the last six years. The special teamers killed me this year. At the same time, I felt pretty good about the slotting. Better this year than last.

It has been a great ride.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

I had the team selecting one of a handful of. Late round small schoolers in Slowey, who I really like. But, as you state, you are rarely going to get the highest guy on your board. Just too many players
Heck yea...even though sometimes i disagree....you put in work Dog! Always a pleasure.

Good job, MD. I will be curious to see how the WRs pan out, since you had Jenkins rated 7th best. How do you feel about the James pick? I am presuming you will be giving some sort of post-draft analysis.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Cheers.

Thanks. I was also disappointed in my overall number as I haven't fallen below 200 picks in the last six years. The special teamers killed me this year. At the same time, I felt pretty good about the slotting. Better this year than last.

It has been a great ride.

nate egner anyone?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Good job, MD. I will be curious to see how the WRs pan out, since you had Jenkins rated 7th best. How do you feel about the James pick? I am presuming you will be giving some sort of post-draft analysis.

Up on the board.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
nate egner anyone?

Ebner lives less than two miles from my place. Dad was killed four years ago in robbery. Sad Story. Kid is pure a special teams demon, plain and simple.
I also would like to THAK YOU for great work! you and otc make this the best web site of any teams fans. for us niner fans, way better than any of the national web sites. PROPS
Share 49ersWebzone