29 (199) San Francisco 49ers Juron Criner, WR, Arizona

30 (237) San Francisco 49ers Brandon Bolden, RB, Mississippi
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM ]
edited
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Love it if this went down!!
Keep saying Irvin.....maybe I am clairvoyant
Not a big fan of a G at #30, but overall, very strong draft!
Would be very happy with that draft.
What's the deal with Konz and Zeitler? IIRC, MadDog is pretty darn high on Konz, but he seems to have slipped down boards in recent weeks. Have he and Zeitler flip-flopped as prospects?
Not a huge fan of Minnifield or Posey, but otherwise this would be a nice draft on paper.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

How big a fan were you when we got Iupati at #17?
[ Edited by Ether on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM ]

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
What's the deal with Konz and Zeitler? IIRC, MadDog is pretty darn high on Konz, but he seems to have slipped down boards in recent weeks. Have he and Zeitler flip-flopped as prospects?

Konz disappointed a lot of people at the combine with weak bench numbers (though he improved a little at his pro day). His strength and work ethic was questioned a little, so you combine that with him coming off an injury at the end of the season, there were doubts. Zeitler's been pretty clean throughout, so that could be part of it. IMO, they're virtually the same guy with Konz having a slight edge since he can play both center and guard.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for JustinNiner.
criner in the 6th??? no way
I like Devier Posey in the fifth round that guy can get open watched him a lot at OSU. The suspensions are probably what has him potentially dragged down the board and in the end it was for exchanging his Jersey for tattoos and getting paid an extra $200 for a summer job. It didn't help his stats that neither Terrell Pryor or Braxton Miller where not the most accurate passes. Definitely worth a shot at that position.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

How big a fan were you when we got Iupati at #17?

Those aren't comparable. Iupati was a far better prospect than Zeitler who struggled immensely at the senior bowl and was the inferior player to Konz at Wisconsin. Some had projected Iupati as a possible top 10 pick (very similar to Decastro). Zeitler is too average to justify spending a 1st round pick on. This is especially true when your OL already consists of 3 first round picks (and formerly 2 additional top 50 picks).
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
NO Not digging it, Not a huge fan of a guard at 30 unless Decastro drops to us, or we go up and get him My views on Zietler is, He did his best blocking when Wisconsin pulled their guards, his play was IMO too sloppy and inconsistent to be our choice at 30. other than that. I like Irving, but we don't address the Wr position until late, and with guys I'm not even very high on . we don't address the safety position at all, If we were to grab Irving OLD/pass rusher, why would we grab Crawford? I mean he played DE in Boise St's 4-3 which means he would be converted to OLB for us. I think we have that position covered. Brandon Bolden would be an ok pick in the 7th I guess, altho I'm not sure we need a rb in this years draft (and since NEXT years draft is gunna be loaded with them) I guess I'm just hoping Harbaulke does a better job in this draft than the guy doing this mock, this Mock has too many possible flashes back to the 2008 draft
Share 49ersWebzone