There are 483 users in the forums
MadDog's 49ers Best Player Available Board
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Interested in some of the WRs. Why do you have Sanu higher on the 49ers board than Floyd? And why so down on Randle?
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM
- Butter
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,484
I'm surprised that Silatolu is ranked higher then Zeitler. Zeitler played in a bigger conference and appears to be a mauler. What makes Silatolu so much better?
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
- mebemused
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,027
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm surprised that Silatolu is ranked higher then Zeitler. Zeitler played in a bigger conference and appears to be a mauler. What makes Silatolu so much better?
Silatolu is a mauler also, slightly more agile, and plays with a nasty streak.
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Interested in some of the WRs. Why do you have Sanu higher on the 49ers board than Floyd? And why so down on Randle?
Both guys have a similar characteristics. Big, strong, and solid blockers, highly competitive. Floyd is naturally more gifted. However, in the end, I think it comes down to focus, and I believe Floyd's struggles in the past to curb bad behavior will haunt him again, and distract him from maximizing his abilities.
However, I wouldn't take the lower grade as a knock on him. It is simply my gut feeling that Sanu is going to be a really solid player in the NFL. He runs terrific routes, fights for the ball, has a huge catch radius, and hands like glue. The best blocking WR in the draft.
I see Sanu as being similar to Dwayne Bowe, minus the diva-esque tendencies. Sanu is the same height, 10 pounds lighter, and although he ran .10 slower than Bowe (combine time), outperformed him in nearly every other catagory.
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm surprised that Silatolu is ranked higher then Zeitler. Zeitler played in a bigger conference and appears to be a mauler. What makes Silatolu so much better?
Bigger upside, more athletic. Zeitler's ceiling is probably about reached. Silatolu is much higher.
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM
- sean610
- Veteran
- Posts: 284
Glad you left out Kilpatrick but surprised to see AJ Jenkins and Gilmore so low
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM
- Butter
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,484
Originally posted by MadDog49er:Bigger upside, more athletic. Zeitler's ceiling is probably about reached. Silatolu is much higher.
I'm wondering if the Niners could trade up in the second and still get him.
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
MadDog, based on most mocks I've been able to take in, it seems like the players with a legitimate chance of being available at #30 are Konz, Hill, Jenkins, and Sanu.
So that means that if you were GM of the 49ers you would reach for Sanu if the other three were gone? Or you would trade back? Or what?
So that means that if you were GM of the 49ers you would reach for Sanu if the other three were gone? Or you would trade back? Or what?
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
MD thanks as always for your contributions , boyh you and OTC is what make this site valuable more than any teams websites ....cheers bro!!!
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM
- mebemused
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,027
Down your list you have ranked your receivers:
Marvin Jones
A J Jenkins
Kendall Wright
Is the reason that Wright is at the bottom is that his production is inflated by the quality of the Baylor offense? In contrast, neither Jones or Jenkins had a great QB throwing to them.
Marvin Jones
A J Jenkins
Kendall Wright
Is the reason that Wright is at the bottom is that his production is inflated by the quality of the Baylor offense? In contrast, neither Jones or Jenkins had a great QB throwing to them.
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
i agree with your wr assesment. i believe hill is second, above the rest is because he covers a lot of ground in a reciever. 1. hes big, 2. hes fast 3. He's got good hands. 4. he can block and has been doing it in the offense he was in a lot already- so he can contribute day 1.
Question. Do you feel randle and wright are too similar to crabtree, but might block better? I just cant see them being too dynamic with crabs and wright or randle. I see it way more lethal in the future with Hill, and Crabs.
Question. Do you feel randle and wright are too similar to crabtree, but might block better? I just cant see them being too dynamic with crabs and wright or randle. I see it way more lethal in the future with Hill, and Crabs.
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 23, 2012 at 8:25 PM ]
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by sean610:
Glad you left out Kilpatrick but surprised to see AJ Jenkins and Gilmore so low
I like both players. AJ Jenkins continues to raise his game each year, and with some BAD QB's. Gilmore my number three graded corner, but dont see him in the same league as Claiborne and J Jenkins.
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm wondering if the Niners could trade up in the second and still get him.
50-50 he will be on the board at 30. Think he will gain a ton of interest from 23 onward
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
MadDog, based on most mocks I've been able to take in, it seems like the players with a legitimate chance of being available at #30 are Konz, Hill, Jenkins, and Sanu.
So that means that if you were GM of the 49ers you would reach for Sanu if the other three were gone? Or you would trade back? Or what?
In the scenario you provided, try to trade back, like everyone else in the NFL. If unable, pull the lever for Sanu.
I just think one of those players will still be on the board at 30.