There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is Trent Baalke's Mystery Draft Crush?

Who is the guy that the 49ers are absolutely enamored with? My heart tells me Fleener, since he's going in the mid second round in a lot of mocks.

But my gut tells me its a small-school guy...WR Brian Quick, Appalachian State? Another guess - Washington NT Alameda Ta'amu.

"We have one person that we feel real good about that if we're not able to make some moves, if we choose to do that, up or back," Baalke said Wednesday during a pre-draft media session.

"You got to be prepared to make the pick at 30, which we're prepared to do. You see how the board falls. We certainly have more than one person. But there is one in particular that we feel will be there. And if he is, we'll be prepared to make the pick."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Baalke-49ers-have-one-player-in-mind-for?blockID=691946&feedID=5936
[ Edited by nickbradley on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM ]
SMOKESCREEN!
Coby Fleener.....
Stephen Hill, he told me so.
fleener and hill will be gone.
your mom
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Trading picks has never been a problem for Baalke
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

idk, couldda had Dalton if we moved up a spot last year.

Who's to say we weren't targeting Kaep the whole time, just waiting for him to be the last man standing before me made our move.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Dalton is just a less athletic version of Smith. Wouldn't have made sense to take him.

Who's to say we weren't targeting Kaep the whole time, just waiting for him to be the last man standing before me made our move.

Agree. I don't think we targeted Dalton as much as Kaep. Everyone knew Cinci was going for Dalton there, so if he wanted him he knew to trade in front of Cinci, but we moved up to get the QB with the potential that Harbaugh spent all day throwing the football with pre-draft in Kaep.
Dalton > Kaepernick. Please....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dalton > Kaepernick. Please....

As rookies, yet.

Dalton = high floor, low ceiling.
He said it was someone they we're confident that would be there at 30. I dont see how Fleener or Hill could come to mind. My guess is Rueben Randle, I'd be confident he's gonna be there and they did a headquarters visit.
Alshon Jeffery
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home