LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 230 users in the forums

Who is Trent Baalke's Mystery Draft Crush?

Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how everyone from Stanford is automatically assumed to be a target because of Harbaugh. We have two very good TE already. We have greater needs elsewhere, and a late 1st rounder is no more a sure thing than a 2nd. After signing f/a WR and letting Snyder walk, our biggest need is at Guard. We have Daniel Kilgore starting right now...

If Fleener is that highly valued, he wont fall to 30. And if he does, trading the pick to someone who desperately wants him makes more sense.

No. We have one very good Tight end, one very overrated tight end, and one tight end that is a helluva blocker.

Please let me know if you'd like me to break down why Delanie Walker blows.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we pick at #30, Baalke will say that was the one he wanted no matter who it is.

If he moves up to get someone then I'd say that is definitely the one he was talking about.

If he trades back then I feel his first choice was picked and he'll move to the 2nd or 3rd person on his board - depending who's there.

Whatever he does, I'm confident it will be a vERY good choice.

Wow, it's nice to have a GM that we can all have confidence in. Especially when we will most likely be picking a 'luxury' pick.

I think some credit needs to be given to the coaches also. They just seem to have a good understanding of how to use a players physical abilities and combine it with that player's football knowledge.

Just look at the athletes JH had at Stanford. Luck proved he's just as athletic as Cam. Fleener proved he's probably even more athletic than Gronk. What about Chris Owusu who ran a 4.31.

Seems like JH knows how to scout also.

I don't think we get just a solid player at 30. The player we draft will first and foremost be football smart and then have one ability that is very high end top 5 type of ability.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
49ers meet with Fleener @ local pro day

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-meet-with-Fleener-at-local-pro-day?blockID=692024&feedID=5936

lol youre in love with this guy. Every post is about Fleener this, and Fleener that. how much have you ever seen of him?

If a TE is this highly touted, and physically gifted, he doesnt fall to 30.
We may take him at #30, but I just cannot see us trading up ten places for a tight end.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I like how everyone from Stanford is automatically assumed to be a target because of Harbaugh. We have two very good TE already. We have greater needs elsewhere, and a late 1st rounder is no more a sure thing than a 2nd. After signing f/a WR and letting Snyder walk, our biggest need is at Guard. We have Daniel Kilgore starting right now...

If Fleener is that highly valued, he wont fall to 30. And if he does, trading the pick to someone who desperately wants him makes more sense.

No. We have one very good Tight end, one very overrated tight end, and one tight end that is a helluva blocker.

Please let me know if you'd like me to break down why Delanie Walker blows.

First of all, Vernon Davis is good enough. Most teams would love to have just 1 TE like that. Second, Walker may be overrated, but he could still start for 1/3 of the NFL.

Are you really trying to say we need a TE more than a G?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I have no idea! And I like it
My gut says it's either Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill but the back of my mind says Reuben Randle. I don't think it's Fleener.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
His last name rhymes with Neener and his first name rhymes with Kobe..................

Adobe Cleaner?
Slowbe Tweener?
Blowbe Weener?
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
49ers meet with Fleener @ local pro day

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-meet-with-Fleener-at-local-pro-day?blockID=692024&feedID=5936

lol youre in love with this guy. Every post is about Fleener this, and Fleener that. how much have you ever seen of him?

If a TE is this highly touted, and physically gifted, he doesnt fall to 30.

I hope you're not talking about SD... cause SD is not a Fleener fan.
Originally posted by English:
We may take him at #30, but I just cannot see us trading up ten places for a tight end.

What if that TE can give you Vernon or Gronk type of production/presence? Bill Walsh theory at its best. You don't not take a player because the conventional rules say the position is not a high value at that spot. You take him if you think he can produce similar to the value at that spot.

If a player can present a presence on offense similar to Gore, Larry Allen, Vernon, Gronk, Moss, then the value chart does not apply and you take him. We all know you can acquire a productive TE later in the draft, but that is also not as common as most think.

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
His last name rhymes with Neener and his first name rhymes with Kobe..................

Adobe Cleaner?
Slowbe Tweener?
Blowbe Weener?

His name doesnt rhyme with Kobe, it IS Coby. Its just spelled differently.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
My gut says it's either Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill but the back of my mind says Reuben Randle. I don't think it's Fleener.

Wright is not a flanker prospect...scratch him off.

Baalke could be in love with hill.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What if that TE can give you Vernon or Gronk type of production/presence? Bill Walsh theory at its best. You don't not take a player because the conventional rules say the position is not a high value at that spot. You take him if you think he can produce similar to the value at that spot.

If a player can present a presence on offense similar to Gore, Larry Allen, Vernon, Gronk, Moss, then the value chart does not apply and you take him. We all know you can acquire a productive TE later in the draft, but that is also not as common as most think.

+

I don't think you're going to recognize the tight end position in a half-decade. The 'power forward' type Tight Ends are taking the league by storm and they're only going to get better.

I bet there's some 6-7 High school Basketball player who is thinking about changing sports.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by English:

I cant see us feeding two tight ends enough ball to justify trading up that far. If we didnt have Vernon, probably a given.

Cant see the trade up.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Adobe Cleaner?
Slowbe Tweener?
Blowbe Weener?

His name doesnt rhyme with Kobe, it IS Coby. Its just spelled differently.

It's time to start a nickname for him already...even though he's not a forty niner yet.
Share 49ersWebzone