LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

My Final Mock Draft, Two Rounds, Based on Value Boards

OK I based my picks on the value boards available at ESPN, Profootballweekly, and CBSSports. Nobody reached more than 10 picks.

We end up taking Rueben Randle, WR, LSU and Orson Charles, TE, Georgia. I know the latter is a huge shock to many, but he is very similar physically to Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker is simply not producing (I've posted on this). We'd like a Guard at #60/61, but Brooks is a bit of a reach and Charles is just a dynamic weapon that could make our offense unique and very difficult to defend.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Georgia-TE-Orson-Charles-Aaron-Hernandez-part-II.html

1 Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2 Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams) - RGIII

3 Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT, USC

4 Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson – I expect them to trade out of the spot, but if they are unable to, they will take Richardson, as Richardson is a better overall prospect than Blackmon. Furthermore, there is a lot more value at WR later in the draft than RB.

5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU – Best player available, the defense is getting very old.

6 Rams (from Redskins) – Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss State – The Rams management team has stated repeatedly that they believe they can find quality WRs and OTs later in the draft. However, what they cannot find are elite Defensive lineman. Cox visited the Rams last week

7 Jacksonville Jaguars – Melvin Ingram, DEOLB, South Carolina – Jax needs a pass-rusher in a big way

8 Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M – The Dolphins get their guy.

9 Carolina Panthers – Justin Blackmon, WR, OK State – He's scheduled to visit the Panthers this week, and Adam Schefter reported that they're willing to pull the trigger if he's there. The defense still sucks, but Blackmon is BPA, and with Smith, LaFell, and Blackmon, Cam Newton is going to be a 5,000 yard passer every season. Who needs Defense?

10 Buffalo Bills – Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame – they want to surround Fitz with as much talent as possible, and the Bills philosophically believe that they can find OL talent later in the draft – they simply do not value it as highly. Also BPA.

11 Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College – BPA and he fills a major need.

12 Seattle Seahawks - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina – Pass-rusher is a major need.

13 Arizona Cardinals – David DeCastro, OG, Stanford – huge need, probably BPA

14 Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron, S, Alabama – big need, BPA.

15 Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU – Interior DT and ILB are the biggest needs – its easier for them to find an ILB later in the draft.

16 New York Jets – Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama – the guy rushes the passer like Lamarr Woodley, and the Jets need a pass-rusher

17 Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland Raiders) – Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina - #1 need, best CB available.

18 San Diego Chargers – Donta Hightower, ILB, Alabama –major need, probably BPA

19 Chicago Bears – Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis – big DT for Chicago

20 Tennessee Titans – Andre Branch, DE/OLB Clemson – they wanted Mario Williams in FA, they draft a Pass-rusher at #20.

21 Bengals – Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia – clearly the best player available and it fills a need.

22 Browns (from Atlanta Falcons) – Reily Reiff, OT, Iowa – nice spot for a solid RT to go. Big need, BPA.

23 Detroit Lions – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama – big need, BPA

24 Pittsburgh Steelers – Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford – big weapon for Big Ben. They need an upgrade at TE, and he's there.

25 Denver Broncos – Jerel Worthy, DT, Mich State - #1 need by far, they only have 2 on the roster.

26 Houston Texans – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor – explosive player out of the slot. They already have a franchise #1 WR, so they can afford to draft a slot WR.

27 New England Patriots (from New Orleans Saints) – Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois – They need a pass-rusher, and Mercilus has the highest upside (and greatest risk)

28 Green Bay Packers – Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse – pass-rush need

29 Baltimore Ravens – Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin – BPA need-filler.

30 San Francisco 49ers – Rueben Randle, WR, LSU. Simply the best player available. Everyone else available is really a reach at this point. Will fight for #3 spot as a rookie, will have a lock on #2 or #3 in 2013 with Moss gone. He's a fighter – catches everything and battles for yards to move the chains. Physical receiver with lots of upside. Would be a much higher pick if he had a better vertical.

31 Patriots – Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC – make it a double!

32 New York Giants - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State – Left Guard was a huge problem last year.

1 (33) Rams – Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina – big target for Bradford. They take Jeffery over Hill because Jeffery is more ready now.

2 (34) Colts – Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech – They draft a high upside WR for Luck that they can groom behind Wayne.

3 (35) Vikings – Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame – Terrible secondary gets a lot better.

4 (36) Buccaneers – David Wilson, RB, Va Tech – Nice RB to pair with Blount.

5 (37) Browns – Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State – the guy is moving up the draft boards very quickly, and he can be a nice weapon for McCoy.

6 (38) Jaguars – Bobbie Massie, OT Ole Miss – big need at OT. BPA.

7 (39) Rams (Redskins) – Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State – nice prospect that fills a major need.

8 (40) Panthers – Kendall Reyes, DT, UCONN – major need that they passed on in Rd 1.

9 (41) Bills – Mitchell Schwartz, Cal – need at OT with Bell gone

10 (42) Dolphins – Lavonte David, DE/OLB, Nebraska – explosive pass-rusher for the Fins

11 (43) Seahawks – Josh Robinson, CB, UCF – BPA, every team could always use another CB

12 (44) Chiefs – Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin – Big need for interior OL, BPA.

13 (45) Cowboys – Devon Still, DL, Penn State – big need on the Defensive Line – they thought about drafting JJ Watt Last year.

14 (46) Eagles – Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana – BPA. No ILBs at #46.

15 (47) Jets – Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington – BPA, big need at NT, big man.

16 (48) Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) – Doug Martin, RB, Boise State – BPA, you could always use another RB.

17 (49) Chargers – Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford – by far the BPA, also a major need.

18 (50) Bears – Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson – Martz gutted the TE corps – time to rebuild it.

19 (51) Eagles (from Cardinals) – Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois – need.

20 (52) Titans – Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson – Need.

21 (53) Bengals – Lamar Miller, RB, Miami – Paired with Benson and BGE, they'll have a very nice running game.

22 (54) Lions – C Ben Jones, Georgia – Raola sucks.

23 (55) Falcons – DE Vinny Curry, Marshall - BPA

24 (56) Steelers – CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska – fills a need, one of the top players on board

25 (57) Broncos – Dwight Bentley, CB, La Lafayette – very old secondary.

26 (58) Texans – AJ Jenkins, WR, Illinois – two speedy WRs to rejuvenate the Texans shallow secondary

27 Saints (forfeited) – N/A

28 (59) Packers – LaMichael James, RB, Oregon – a weapon for the Pack

29 (60) Ravens – Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma – fills a need

30 (61) 49ers – Orson Charles, TE, Georgia – May be a surprise pick to some, but not to me. Harbaugh wants to run 2 TEs on almost every play, and Walker is simply not producing. Charles was compared to Vernon Davis in College due to physical characteristics, and he will be paired with him in the NFL,

31 (62) Patriots – Mike Martin, DE, Michigan – Need a 5-technique

32 (63) Giants – Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple – need a RB with Jacobs gone

Best Players available going into Round three:

DE/OLB Zach Brown, DE/OLB

DE/OLB Shea McLellin, DE/OLB

QB Brandon Weeden

QB Brock Osweiler

QB Kirk Cousins

WR Mohamed Sanu

OG Brandon Brooks

WR Nick Toon

LB Mychal Kendricks

CB Casey Hayward

CB Jamell Fleming

CB Janoris Jenkins

Nice work! Very detailed....

I would be very happy with those 2 players....also maybe trade up in the 3rd if possible.
Hate the Charles pick, he doesn't give you anything different than VD already does. If the 49ers go TE, a big tall receiving TE like Fleener, Green or Egnew would offer the offense the greatest advantage.
If Janoris Jenkins is there in the 2nd when we pick and we take Charles Orson I'll light my TV on fire.
'
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hate the Charles pick, he doesn't give you anything different than VD already does. If the 49ers go TE, a big tall receiving TE like Fleener, Green or Egnew would offer the offense the greatest advantage.

I prefer a VD clone like Orson Charles, we'd get a symmetrical offense and the defense wouldn't know what to expect
Fleener has the most upside of the TE's for several reasons...one, he's a Harbaugh guy. Knows the offense and could be productive immediately. 2nd, he's 6-6, what a RZ target! I know you have him going to the Steelers...but, I think they go a different direction. Besides, if he's the guy Harbaugh wants, Baalke will go get him. Taking Fleener first, OG seems like the obvious pick in 2nd. It's the biggest need.
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
If Janoris Jenkins is there in the 2nd when we pick and we take Charles Orson I'll light my TV on fire.

The chances that Jenkins fails a drug test as some point is high
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I've seen Orson plummet on boards due to that DUI. You really think he will be worth it at #2? I'd be psyched but it is just a bit surprising at this point.
We could do better with that 2nd round pick
I love the Randle pick but it would be disappointing to see the Niners take Charles with a talented player like Jenkins still on the board.

Originally posted by Vasco49er:
I love the Randle pick but it would be disappointing to see the Niners take Charles with a talented player like Jenkins still on the board.

This, you can never have enough corners
Good work.

I don't feel Baalke/JH will go near Jenkins w/ 10 foot pole. Another Pacman in he making. He'll be on the All San Quentin Team
Originally posted by Vasco49er:

Orson Charles = Team Captain, All-SEC Honor Roll
Orson Charles = DUI

Janoris Jenkins = Kicked out of Florida
Janoris Jenkins = arrested 2x for fights, 2x for possession, and says he likes to blaze
** Orson Charles blew 0.095 on his DUI. Its still over the legal limit, but not by much.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good work.

I don't feel Baalke/JH will go near Jenkins w/ 10 foot pole. Another Pacman in he making. He'll be on the All San Quentin Team

Yeah dude. Janoris Jenkins has Top 10 talent and a 10 Cent head.
Share 49ersWebzone