LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Non 49ers Draft rumors, from fans that are stuck in other NFL cities.

I live near Denver and the team is targeting defensive tackle, defensive tackle, and defensive tackle. They only have two on the roster, and the 'in' 104.3 radio show thinks that they will take two DTs in the first three rounds. They also want secondary depth and will consider a RB if they fall to them.

Former 49er and Bronco Alfred Williams has his own show and does in-depth analysis. He seems to think that Lamar Miller is going to be a pro bowl running back and has a draft crush on him. He also thinks that many of the DT prospects behind Cox are flawed.

He thinks Clemson DT Brandon Thompson is the #2 DT.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
There's talk that David DeCastro could play Center and if avail. he'd be the odds on fav. to be picked by Dallas and played at Center. If DeCastro is gone, seems Barron will be the 2nd option. They just had Brockers in for a visit and apparently him and Fletcher Cox are the new darkhorse candidates for their pick.

I heard NFLN saying that too -- that DeCastro will play center in the NFL.

Did he play Center in HS or something?
  • RKab
  • Veteran
I'm in DC so not much help there (other than they desperately need linemen with the rest of their picks)

Drove through Baltimore a week or so ago and all the talk was upgrading the OL with Peter Konz or Glenn or Zeitler or at LB (pash rusher.) Also talk of safety but not much talent to match up with their position in round 1.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RKab:
I'm in DC so not much help there (other than they desperately need linemen with the rest of their picks)

Drove through Baltimore a week or so ago and all the talk was upgrading the OL with Peter Konz or Glenn or Zeitler or at LB (pash rusher.) Also talk of safety but not much talent to match up with their position in round 1.

I live in Maryland and Peter Konz or an OG has to be the target.
Not exactly a team news, but looks like Scouts/teams aren't as high on Riley Reiff as media is.

Report: Reiff may slip to late 1st or 2nd rd
Sources tell Sporting News' Russ Lande that NFL teams are not nearly as high on Iowa OT Riley Reiff as the media, and that Reiff could fall "toward the bottom of the first round" or even into the second.

It would be a fall similar to Reiff's former Iowa teammate Bryan Bulaga, who was widely projected as a top-ten or even top-five pick before the Packers stole him at No. 23. (Bulaga is now one of the league's premier right tackles.) Per Lande, NFL teams question Reiff's athleticism, and it's no secret he has relatively short arms. We're still not so sure he'd get by Arizona at No. 13.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not exactly a team news, but looks like Scouts/teams aren't as high on Riley Reiff as media is.

Sources tell Sporting News' Russ Lande that NFL teams are not nearly as high on Iowa OT Riley Reiff as the media, and that Reiff could fall "toward the bottom of the first round" or even into the second.

It would be a fall similar to Reiff's former Iowa teammate Bryan Bulaga, who was widely projected as a top-ten or even top-five pick before the Packers stole him at No. 23. (Bulaga is now one of the league's premier right tackles.) Per Lande, NFL teams question Reiff's athleticism, and it's no secret he has relatively short arms. We're still not so sure he'd get by Arizona at No. 13.

AB, in your opinion, who's better...

Bulaga or A. Davis?
i think they will try to trade up for a wr.
Matt Light (LT) set to retire from the Patriots. Suddenly, the Pats need an OT.
The Browns brought in Matt Kilil for an interview today. Can't work out this one as they havens great LT in Joe Thomas. Probably just showing an interest to drum up more interest in teams wanting to trade up for there pick.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
There's talk that David DeCastro could play Center and if avail. he'd be the odds on fav. to be picked by Dallas and played at Center. If DeCastro is gone, seems Barron will be the 2nd option. They just had Brockers in for a visit and apparently him and Fletcher Cox are the new darkhorse candidates for their pick.

I heard NFLN saying that too -- that DeCastro will play center in the NFL.

Did he play Center in HS or something?

reports from the stanford pro day say he had trouble with the shotgun snap during the pro day drills

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I said this a week ago when I had Glenn going before Reiff and everyone scoffed.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That is supposed to be Sebastian Vollmer's job -- if he's up to the task. If they're not comfortable with him, they go with Mike Adams at #31
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That is supposed to be Sebastian Vollmer's job -- if he's up to the task. If they're not comfortable with him, they go with Mike Adams at #31

I thought Soldier from Colorado would move to LT, that's what he was projected in last year's draft. Either way, at #31, you're not getting a starting LT in the draft anyway, so maybe it's not as pressing a need.
I thought Soldier from Colorado would move to LT, that's what he was projected in last year's draft. Either way, at #31, you're not getting a starting LT in the draft anyway, so maybe it's not as pressing a need.

Solder to LT, Vollmer to RT.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
per Arizona Cardinal's Forum:

TRADE DOWN OPTIONS:

Floyd - Stephen Hill (Stephen Hill talent is pretty close to Floyd and with bigger upside due to speed)

Kuechly - Hightower (Hightower actually fits our defense better and is 20 lbs heavier with same speed)

DeCastro - Glenn (Glenn at 345 lbs has possibly even more upside as a guard - more size/power while also the ability to play RT -- he is quickly moving up draft boards)

Stay at #13 Options:

Reiff - Martin/Adams/Massie (I would take Reiff at #13 since Martin/Adams have more bust potential as LEVI BROWN 2.0's)

Ingram - Upshaw (While Upshaw was obviously a productive OLB -- I think Ingram is better with even bigger upside); However, there are quite a few decent 3-4 OLB prospects that could be taken in 2nd round on a trade down -- Lewis/Branch/McClellin/Curry

So ... at #13, the only selection available which makes me NOT trade down is Reiff (biggest need is a tackle) though if Ingram is available I would need to think hard about staying pat and picking him at #13 -- All other scenarios, I am working the phones to trade down and get a 2nd round pick.

i seriously hope cardinals dont take floyd

they already have fitz

We never had a problem when it was Fitz and Boldin
Share 49ersWebzone