LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Non 49ers Draft rumors, from fans that are stuck in other NFL cities.

It sounds like the Browns have it narrowed done to two guys if they decide to stay a 4 and they are RB Trent Richardson or CB Maurice Claiborne. They only way its seems they would change from this is if either I team blows them out if the water with a great trade down option or Mike Holmgren comes in late and says that he wants Tannehill.
Hear on radio show today that the Vikings arent as high on Kalil as others. Bill Polian said that he would take Claiborne at #3 if he was running the Vikes.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hear on radio show today that the Vikings arent as high on Kalil as others. Bill Polian said that he would take Claiborne at #3 if he was running the Vikes.
is it just me but is anyone else sick of hearing what Bill Polian would do.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

I like it. He is a proven GM and giving us bits of his thought process for different scenarios and possibilities. Better than Irvin and Sapp telling us what they would do
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

Seriously, the guy is the most overrated GM of all time. That would be like giving the Colts new GM a free pass for 10 years because he drafted Andrew Luck. Peyton Manning was far and away the better pick. After Manning he has flopped far more than he has hit in the NFL draft:

All First Round Picks Since 2005
2005- Marlin Jackson- Complete bust
2006- Joseph Addai- Very average RB at best
2007- Anthony Gonzalez- Huge Reach and Bust (average with Manning throwing him the ball
2008 - Tony Ugoh (technically 2007 2nd round, but traded 2008 first rounder for him)
2009- Donald Brown- no need AND no value, a below average rb at best

He's used his past 5 first round picks to acquire 5 players who are below average starters to backup quality at best. I could care less what that guy thinks about the draft.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Seriously, the guy is the most overrated GM of all time. That would be like giving the Colts new GM a free pass for 10 years because he drafted Andrew Luck. Peyton Manning was far and away the better pick. After Manning he has flopped far more than he has hit in the NFL draft:

All First Round Picks Since 2005
2005- Marlin Jackson- Complete bust
2006- Joseph Addai- Very average RB at best
2007- Anthony Gonzalez- Huge Reach and Bust (average with Manning throwing him the ball
2008 - Tony Ugoh (technically 2007 2nd round, but traded 2008 first rounder for him)
2009- Donald Brown- no need AND no value, a below average rb at best

He's used his past 5 first round picks to acquire 5 players who are below average starters to backup quality at best. I could care less what that guy thinks about the draft.

Some of his recent track record has not been the greatest. I wouldnt say overated tho. He did draft Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely among many others who were very successful with the Colts. Not to mention a Super Bowl victory and i think he won executive of the year twice. I mean i'd rather hear him than that stupid fat piece of s**t Jamie Pukes.
The Browns should select Claiborne at 4, and the best available player at 22. This team needs a lot of help on both sides of the ball, and to me, they cannot afford to miss on a player. If they could get their hands on a combination of Claiborne, Konz (play him at guard) and Doug Martin/David Wilson, this team could get good really fast.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
AB, in your opinion, who's better...

Bulaga or A. Davis?

damn, I liked Bulaga a lot before the 2010 draft, thought he was a top 10-15 pick easily, surprised he fell. I was happy with Davis though. It's hard to say, right now I would go with Bulaga based on feeling he would help more right away. Davis is young, and needs more time to develop, plus who knows if he is a Guard or Tackle. I know I was surprised we jumped up a few spots and took Davis.

A little off topic, but seems like Baalke has done some good trades IMO in his two drafts. 2010 he moved back in round 3 with San Diego, picked up a 2011 4th, and got their 2011 3rd, which was NaVorro Bowman, we also acquired a 6th rounder, who was Anthony Dixon. With that 2011 4th we ended taking Kendall Hunter, so not a bad trade, SD ended up with Donald Butler, who was hurt his rookie season.

Then in 2011 we traded our 3rd again back down with Jacksonville, for a 3rd and 6th, used the 3rd on Chris Culliver, Jacksonville picked G Will Rackley, we used that 6th on Ronald Johnson, who didn't work out so well.

Also of course traded up with GB for the Kilgore pick and the Davis deal in 2010. So Baalke isn't afraid to pull the trigger. It's gonna be interesting come Thursday, around say 11;30 PM et/8:30 PM pst when we are up, kinda sucks being up so late in the 1st and all rounds. But was worth it for the season we had. Just gonna be tiring for the first 3 hours waiting on each pick, but exciting to see who passes on who, and who reaches, etc..
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Browns should select Claiborne at 4, and the best available player at 22. This team needs a lot of help on both sides of the ball, and to me, they cannot afford to miss on a player. If they could get their hands on a combination of Claiborne, Konz (play him at guard) and Doug Martin/David Wilson, this team could get good really fast.

Except Claiborne might go 3rd. If that happened I would move down if I was Cleveland and get picks from a team that wants Kalil.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Except Claiborne might go 3rd. If that happened I would move down if I was Cleveland and get picks from a team that wants Kalil.

I have a feeling either the vikings are drafting Kalil or they trade down to the Rams spot and the rams take Kalil.

Share 49ersWebzone