There are 225 users in the forums

Hot! PFW's Value Board

• okdkid
  • Veteran
In that scenario, I'm taking Janoris Jenkins on a trade down into the early 2nd. Doug Martin would be an option as well.
Originally posted by Next9erDynasty:
I say draft the BPA, period.

The Dallas Cowboys didn't draft Joe Montana in 1979 because Tom Landry thought that he would just be cut in camp, and it would end up being a wasted pick.

I live in Portland, and had to watch the team pass up BOTH Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant because they didn't want to "waste" a pick on a position that the team didn't "need" ... when you have the chance to get exceptional talent, get exceptional talent.

basketball 5 starters NFL 22 starters not counting special teams. HUGE difference. but i get what your saying
I dunno i still dont understand why David Wilson is considered a 1st round pick.
Who I would take based on availability at our spots at the end of each round.
Round 1 - Peter Konz- your only as good as your o-line and we have a huge hole at rg and a need for center of the future.

Round2- Lamar Miller- one of my favorite players in the draft, would love to see him there in the late second.

Round 3- Brandon Bokin- can cover the slot, gives us great depth at corner, and could assume return duties when Ginn gets hurt???

Round 4- Jared Crick-easily take a flyer on the big man here. What value you might get with him at this spot.

Round 5- Guard- we did lose two lineman in Snyder and Rachel without replacing them on the roster

Round 6 Safety- depth needed

Round 7- OLB- depth needed
Originally posted by D-Money:
Who I would take based on availability at our spots at the end of each round.
Round 1 - Peter Konz- your only as good as your o-line and we have a huge hole at rg and a need for center of the future.

Round2- Lamar Miller- one of my favorite players in the draft, would love to see him there in the late second.

Round 3- Brandon Bokin- can cover the slot, gives us great depth at corner, and could assume return duties when Ginn gets hurt???

Round 4- Jared Crick-easily take a flyer on the big man here. What value you might get with him at this spot.

Round 5- Guard- we did lose two lineman in Snyder and Rachel without replacing them on the roster

Round 6 Safety- depth needed

Round 7- OLB- depth needed

drafting a rb is a waste this year
Don' t understand why it would be waste, Norris is no longer on the roster. Harbaugh's offense is run first, so carrying 4 runningbacks and one fullback makes sense to me. Miller is home run threat who could be an everydown back after Gore is done. No to mention getting him at the bottom of round 2 according to this chart would be too good to pass up.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Don' t understand why it would be waste, Norris is no longer on the roster. Harbaugh's offense is run first, so carrying 4 runningbacks and one fullback makes sense to me. Miller is home run threat who could be an everydown back after Gore is done. No to mention getting him at the bottom of round 2 according to this chart would be too good to pass up.

miller is a FB not a RB so he wouldnt take over gores duties

this year we already have gore hunter and jacobs all three are solid players

ya gore is getting old but whats the point of carrying 4 good RB ont he roster?

next years draft is stocked with star RBs we can take gores replacement next year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

next years draft is stocked with star RBs we can take gores replacement next year

He's referring to Lamar Miller but I agree with your other comments.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He's referring to Lamar Miller but I agree with your other comments.
Thanks for clearing that up N.B.

49er all day-Never said Gore, Jacobs, or Hunter aren't solid. But once agian Gore is hurt every year and only has two years at most left in him. Jacobs is really signed for one year and Hunter is the ideal third down back. Dont see why miller cant get 5-10 touches a game. And possibly 15+ once Gore gets hurt.
And I hate it when people are already looking to next years draft as a reason not to draft a position or player this year, so many things happen between now and then its a watse to think like that, and hopefully were picking 32. Not to mention getting Lamar Miller, a first round talent in round 2 like this chart shows. Hopefully the niners FO thinks like this as well.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Based on discussions they've had with NFL teams, PFW has created a value board for prospects. As you'll see, Wright and hill are considered second round picks. I'll reorganize the value board - players are not in individual value order, just listed in their 'tier' and position (i.e. Blackmon is not better than Griffin, but Griffin is better than Tannehill)...I only did the first four rounds.

First Round:

Coby Fleener

Second Round:

Brian Quick
Third Round:

Billy Wynn
Fourth Round:

Jared Crick

Give me these guys and I'll be satisfied with this draft...

Originally posted by okdkid:
In that scenario, I'm taking Janoris Jenkins on a trade down into the early 2nd. Doug Martin would be an option as well.

this
Share 49ersWebzone