There are 182 users in the forums

MadDog's CB Rankings Board

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Still on the Chase Minnifield bandwagon!!!!

But I'm no longer looking at a CB with our 1st pick, maybe or most likely 2nd or pick #62 and I'd gladly pick Minnifield or Dennard with that pick. I also hope we pick up another CB later in the draft maybe Shaun Prater, Coryell Judie or Casey Hayward.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

But I'm no longer looking at a CB with our 1st pick, maybe or most likely 2nd or pick #62 and I'd gladly pick Minnifield or Dennard with that pick. I also hope we pick up another CB later in the draft maybe Shaun Prater, Coryell Judie or Casey Hayward.

Horrible combine/pro day showing now has Minnifield in the 4th round range in my opinion.

Yeah guy. Casey Heyward is more of a 2nd -3rd rounder. While Chase Minnifield is more of a late round corner. And I dont think we take more than one corner as it will be very hard for two to make the team.

1.C.Rodgers
2.C.Culliver
3.T.Brown
4.Draft Pick.
5.Cox/Brock
6.? I dont know ?
Originally posted by D-Money:
Man your missing Casey Heyward- Dude has future niner written all over him. Should at least give him the 5 spot.

Heyward is number 13 on my board. Not as high on him as many. Just don't see much closing speed and doesn't turn and run very well. Very limited upside.
Originally posted by mebemused:
First off, love the topic MadDog.

I think that we will draft a corner or two in this draft. If Jenkins is available at #30, and we are taking BPA, than we take him.

According to your value board, Josh Norman is available in the third.
What do you think of Asa Jackson in the 4th, and Ryan Steed in the 5th?

Looking forward to your threads on our other needs.

Jackson is a good looking prospect for a tall, small school corner. Not sure if his game will transition to a much higher level, but if he is there on the board in the late 4th, would make a lot of sense. I think Steed is headed to FS. Just dont see corner skills in him.
Flowers was drafted by the chiefs with the fourth pick in the second round a few years ago. I presume you mean Hosley, who will be a second rounder, probably late.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I think that we will draft a corner or two in this draft. If Jenkins is available at #30, and we are taking BPA, than we take him.

If Jenkins is on the board at 30, unless someone else has had a phenomenal drop, he has to be the choice. He is a Day One starter in my opinion and has Pro Bowl potential

I do not agree. If Jenkins drops to us, he might be (not has to be) the choice.

If he gets to the 30th pick, it might be an indication that teams feel his risk potential is exceedingly high.

If he is still there at 30, that means that the Bengals passed on him twice, and the Bengals are not generally concerned about character issues.

I would be very wary of taking him.

edit:
"The news that dropped Monday afternoon isn't going to allay many concerns."

"Jenkins is leaving his agent Ben Dogra at CAA Football. Dogra, one of the most successful and respected agents in a messy business, confirmed the news Monday afternoon......Dogra told Liz Mullen of Sports Business Journal, "We wish him well, but this is in the best interest of all parties."

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/CB-prospect-Jenkins-splits-with-agents?blockID=681638&feedID=10426

just seems Jenkins keeping throwing straws on the camel's back.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM ]
And this is coming from the guy who thought we shoulda drafted JJ Watt over Aldon.

lol, not gonna read.
Originally posted by D-Money:

Yeah guy. Casey Heyward is more of a 2nd -3rd rounder. While Chase Minnifield is more of a late round corner. And I dont think we take more than one corner as it will be very hard for two to make the team.

1.C.Rodgers
2.C.Culliver
3.T.Brown
4.Draft Pick.
5.Cox/Brock
6.? I dont know ?

Culliver won't be 2nd. Brown will. He earned his spot!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

If Jenkins is on the board at 30, unless someone else has had a phenomenal drop, he has to be the choice. He is a Day One starter in my opinion and has Pro Bowl potential

Purely on the field, who does he compare to? I know the easy question is Haden comparisons, so I'll ask that? How much of a drop off between them, based purely on game play, not off the field issues.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
And this is coming from the guy who thought we shoulda drafted JJ Watt over Aldon.

lol, not gonna read.

Everyone misses. And JJ Watt is one hellavu player too.
There were a lot a lot a lot of people who wanted Amakumara at 7 too.

Still have to disagree with Heyward at#13 for you. He is gonna be good MD.
I could see a team trying to convert Norman to FS.

lol, not gonna read.

JJ Watt was an elite 3-4 end last year.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

lol, not gonna read.

He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

lol, not gonna read.

He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?

dude jj waat was an elite 3-4 DE he played great

hes going to be a star in the nfl also he wasnt wrong about that pick

edit: and justin smith ad like 7 sacks he is the best player on our D
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone