LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

MadDog's CB Rankings Board

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
And this is coming from the guy who thought we shoulda drafted JJ Watt over Aldon.

lol, not gonna read.

JJ Watt was an elite 3-4 end last year.

He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?

dude jj waat was an elite 3-4 DE he played great

hes going to be a star in the nfl also he wasnt wrong about that pick

edit: and justin smith ad like 7 sacks he is the best player on our D

I'm not saying he is not elite, but you're saying you'd rather have JJ Watt than ALDON SMITH?
He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?

No, but he was the Texans Justin Smith. Not quite that good, but still elite. We needed help at OLB more than we did DE. I also felt like Aldon Smith was versatile enough to play 3-4 end, 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB. I liked Aldon Smith better, he was just dominant on film and his measureables in important areas were pretty remarkable.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Apr 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
I'm not saying he is not elite, but you're saying you'd rather have JJ Watt than ALDON SMITH?

no given our needs last year we need OLB more than DE

but if i had to start a team from scratch id rather have a DE who could eat up blocks than a situational pass rusher

no given our needs last year we need OLB more than DE

but if i had to start a team from scratch id rather have a DE who could eat up blocks than a situational pass rusher

youre telling me you wouldnt have a young justin smith over aldon smith last year?

aldon smith is a great pass rusher but last year all he did was come in on 3rd downs he wasnt an every down rush back like demarcus ware was untill he proves he can come in and play every down he cant be considered a great player

just my opinion

youre telling me you wouldnt have a young justin smith over aldon smith last year?

aldon smith is a great pass rusher but last year all he did was come in on 3rd downs he wasnt an every down rush back like demarcus ware was untill he proves he can come in and play every down he cant be considered a great player

just my opinion

who gives a f**k if he only played on 3rd downs? he still had 14 sacks

if i had a need at DE and OLB

id rather pick up a guy who plays every defensive down ten a guy who only came in at 3rd downs

that was the question you posed

if i had a need at DE and OLB

id rather pick up a guy who plays every defensive down ten a guy who only came in at 3rd downs

that was the question you posed

Aldon Smith > JJ Watt
Aldon Smith > JJ Watt

in the future yes that is highly likely almost a certaintly but that isnt what you asked if i had a need at DE and OLB and based on last year alone i would take the guy who played great every down than a guy who only came in at 3rd downs

again maddog wasnt wrong with that selection is another point i was trying to make
Aldon Smith > JJ Watt

in the future yes that is highly likely almost a certaintly but that isnt what you asked if i had a need at DE and OLB and based on last year alone i would take the guy who played great every down than a guy who only came in at 3rd downs

again maddog wasnt wrong with that selection is another point i was trying to make

Aldon Smith > JJ Watt now

im not disagreeing with you all i said is jj waat played great last year and that since jj waat played every down he had a better year last year especially for a 3-4 DE his stats and play were similar to justin smith

i would take aldon smith over watt in a heartbeat and i do believe aldon smith will be one of the best pass rushers if not the best pass rusher in the nfl but last year i think watt had a better year thats all i am saying

i

im not disagreeing with you all i said is jj waat played great last year and that since jj waat played every down he had a better year last year especially for a 3-4 DE his stats and play were similar to justin smith

i would take aldon smith over watt in a heartbeat and i do believe aldon smith will be one of the best pass rushers if not the best pass rusher in the nfl but last year i think watt had a better year thats all i am saying

i

Just because Watt played every down last year and Aldon didnt means he had a better year????? LMAO
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My 2 cents:

-My guess is Flemming is nothing more than a nickel.
-I'd probably swap Dwight Bentley for Fleming at the 10 spot. I
-I'd also take Josh Norman out and put in Casey Hayward, maybe below Bentley. But like you said, depends on the GM. Hayward is a zone corner, Norman seems like is more man-to-man.
-Interesting hardline on Kirpatrick. We will see what he can do in the NFL, maybe a move to safety is in his future.
Exactly my thoughts: on the BOLDED.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM ]
Congrudulations defender. You have successfully hijacked a great thread filled with thoughtful analysis, by offering condescending banter, with no logical flow behind your statements. Breaking news: laughing at what someone says does not prove your argument! Especially since you clearly did not understand the argument that was posed
I'd drop off Denard and insert Bentley. I'm really not all they hype on Gilmore good rankings
Share 49ersWebzone