There are 221 users in the forums

OnTheClock's Big 253 Board - March 27, 2012

Why do you feel that Chase Minnifield will drop so low? He had a productive career at Va. And he was thought of as a late 1st, early 2nd pre combine.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Why do you feel that Chase Minnifield will drop so low? He had a productive career at Va. And he was thought of as a late 1st, early 2nd pre combine.

Had perhaps the most catastrophically bad combine and pro day performances one could have.

Originally listed at 6-0 185, he weighed in at 5-10 183.
Originally expected to run a high 4.4 or low 4.5, he ran a mid-4.6 at his pro day.
Originally thought to possess decent strength, he put up only 7 reps on the bench on the combine. I can't recall, but that may have been the worst of any player in the entire combine.

Your NFL stock will take a huge hit if you become perceived as slow, small, and weak.
I like your Niner draft much better than Maddogs. I would be very pleased with this draft. Very similar to what I posted in MD's thread:

:Rd 1 Coby Fleener TE
Rd 2 Brandon Brooks OG
Rd 3 Marvin Jones WR
Rd 4 Derrick Wolf DE
Rd 5 Quentin Salisbury
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM ]
few notes..

wow!!
47 Alshon Jeffery* WR South Carolina
135 Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M
250 Vontaze Burfict* ILB Arizona State
251 Dwight Jones WR UNC

I still have a hard time with this, keeps screaming Gabbert style reach to me
7 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M

this does surprise me a bit
18 Stephen Hill* WR Georgia Tech

From your predictions possible trade back bait that would be sitting when we pick.
30 Coby Fleener TE Stanford
32 Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
36 David Wilson* RB Virginia Tech
37 Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
40 Mark Barron S Alabama

I still think that if the WR and OG talent is gone when we pick we need to move back and get more picks. A combo of Randle- B. Jones and Ta'amu-Polk to finish up rounds 2-3 would be solid.
OTC what is your evaluation of Greg Childs versus Streeter?
Originally posted by Butter:

I like Childs better. I think if Childs is fully healthy, and stays healthy, he can become a starter and tremendous mismatch against almost any corner because of his physicality.

Streeter is all potential + size/speed. He shows a ton of promise in several key areas that are needed for a WR to be successful, but he's incredibly raw. Rawer than just about any prospect in this draft. If it were me, and I trusted in Childs health, I'd take him over Streeter.

I give Childs I high 3rd round grade now, and Streeter a low 3rd round grade.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Butter:

I like Childs better. I think if Childs is fully healthy, and stays healthy, he can become a starter and tremendous mismatch against almost any corner because of his physicality.

Streeter is all potential + size/speed. He shows a ton of promise in several key areas that are needed for a WR to be successful, but he's incredibly raw. Rawer than just about any prospect in this draft. If it were me, and I trusted in Childs health, I'd take him over Streeter.

I give Childs I high 3rd round grade now, and Streeter a low 3rd round grade.

Childs screams value pick to me. Especially if the Niners trade down at all and pick up extra picks. They should be in a unique position this year to take a bit of a risk on a high upside wide receiver. I really like the idea of Childs to come in and compete against these vets.

I would also like to see them take a small, shifty KR/PR, but that might be a better UDFA target with all of the WR they are projected to have after the draft.
Great board OTC, I love CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina. Cover Guy. had IMO a better career than Kirkpatrick. More games, more INTs, and more Tackles. Gilmore is a 1st rd CB with Claiborne, Kirkpatrick and Jenkins.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
You have Kirk Cousins as a 5th rounder? Interesting. I think he would be a great steal, and would be very surprised if he lasted past the 3rd.

Actually, he's in the 4th -- in the compensatory area. I may move him up a little, but Cousins is up and down for me. I think he's a 3rd round guy at best.
Share 49ersWebzone