There are 232 users in the forums

I'm not falling for the hype!!

Originally posted by D-Money:
Hill also jumped like four feet off the ground. That with good hands and being fast and tall would make you think touchdowns. He is very similar to Demaryus Thomas when he came out, and he just keeps getting better. I'd rather draft Fleener over Jeffery if we're looking for straight redone production, but if you want a guy who could become a number 1 wideout at #30, it's Hill. Don't forget Jeffery got himself kicked out of his last game for fighting, Baalke will pass and this conversation should end as it looks like savage wants to get to 5000 posts faster than anybody.

Come on now ,Andre Johnson had a fight during a game, does that make him a bad guy?

And am I really post whoring? Just a simple dialogue between niner fans.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

Not really. Hil's forty was impressive, but it was also his size (6'4", 215) and the great hands he showed during the drills. If he was 5'11" and showed mediocre hands, his forty wouldn't be causing such a buzz, but when you put all of that in one package, you get a very unique prospect.

Well Streeter and Quick have size also, they just didnt run as fast, therefore nobody wants these guys in the first.

Streeter really struggled to catch the ball during his time at Miami, and showed the same shaky hands at the combine. Quick is an interesting prospect and might get drafted higher than people think....but yes, neither of the two you just mentioned have showed the overall potential that Hill has, which is why there's more buzz about him. But there are legit question marks about all of the 2nd tier WRs (outside of Blackmon and Floyd), so we'll see how it all shakes out.
Streeter really struggled to catch the ball during his time at Miami, and showed the same shaky hands at the combine. Quick is an interesting prospect and might get drafted higher than people think....but yes, neither of the two you just mentioned have showed the overall potential that Hill has, which is why there's more buzz about him. But there are legit question marks about all of the 2nd tier WRs (outside of Blackmon and Floyd), so we'll see how it all shakes out.

Fair enough, just color me skeptical.
About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey

Come at me!!!

Stephen Hill has waaaaaayyyy more upside than Jeffrey. Alshon Jeffrey is the one who is over hyped. In my opinion Stephen Hill is still being undervalued. Watch tape of Hill and you will see a guy who is more explosive and has better hands than Jeffrey. Not to mention Stephen Hill outperformed Jeffrey in almost every category at the combine. Hence why I believe Hill has more upside. Plus Jeffreys weight concerns scare me, doesn't bode well for Alshon's work ethic. Sorry to burst your bubble but a team would look silly for drafting Jeffrey if Hill was still available.
Ive fallen and I cant get up
Ban this thread. OP doesn't know anything about Hill's background.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Sorry officer, I'm more concerend with his future, he could end up being good just wouldnt take him in first round!

If youve never been wrong when it comes to the draft then I'll be convinced.
I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

That is your opinion. There were a lot of people wanting him before he ran at the combine. You don't need to see a 40 time to know that he can get off the line quick and get separation down the field. You don't need a 40 time to see he has the size to beat a jam at the line. And just have to watch some game film to see the guy is a good run blocker - something we are lacking now with Morgan gone. All the 40 time did was make the MOCK DRAFT PEOPLE go nuts, proclaiming him a 1st round pick where he had been projected 3-4 before. I saw one mock that had him going #14 to the Bears! But the last I checked, none of those mocks were posted by NFL GM's.

I have said several times I would love to get Fleener in the 1st and Hill in the 2nd, even if we had to move up a bit to get him. Too bad all it takes is for one team to fall in love with his measurables to make him go higher.

Sorry officer, I'm more concerend with his future, he could end up being good just wouldnt take him in first round!

The thing I like about him is his potential. Sky's the limit IMO. He was already considered a 2nd rounder prior to the combine and just blew it all up during the workouts. Size, speed, and although you say he never produced in college, technically, he's done pretty well with the little opportunity he was given. He's a great run blocker, has a knack for the spectacular catches, and works hard to get yards after the catch. GT is a triple option offense. If he had been playing for a more traditional offense, or even with RG3 @ Baylor, Hill would be a top 15 pick.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

That is your opinion. There were a lot of people wanting him before he ran at the combine. You don't need to see a 40 time to know that he can get off the line quick and get separation down the field. You don't need a 40 time to see he has the size to beat a jam at the line. And just have to watch some game film to see the guy is a good run blocker - something we are lacking now with Morgan gone. All the 40 time did was make the MOCK DRAFT PEOPLE go nuts, proclaiming him a 1st round pick where he had been projected 3-4 before. I saw one mock that had him going #14 to the Bears! But the last I checked, none of those mocks were posted by NFL GM's.

I have said several times I would love to get Fleener in the 1st and Hill in the 2nd, even if we had to move up a bit to get him. Too bad all it takes is for one team to fall in love with his measurables to make him go higher.

Exactly, they went nuts over his 40. I'm just saying that I'm not hypnotized by it.

By the way I could live with Fleener in the first , and that is probably Baalkes plan... Thats why he is trying to get all these free agent receivers
Exactly, they went nuts over his 40. I'm just saying that I'm not hypnotized by it.

By the way I could live with Fleener in the first , and that is probably Baalkes plan... Thats why he is trying to get all these free agent receivers

No, not "exactly". You said the reason many of us want him is his 40 time. That again, is your opinion - since many of "us" were posting that we wanted him before the combine.

I don't want Wright because he's not 6'3"+

I don't mind a shorter WR...just not with our 1st round selection.

We had a total of 3 WR's on the roster, that's why we are going after FA's.
Originally posted by jreff22:
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

His 40 helps but the #1 request was a big kid. Hill fits the bill in that department. If you actually do research on threads that have been posted in the past you would see the amount of people wanting a big WR.
[:)

The thing I like about him is his potential. Sky's the limit IMO. He was already considered a 2nd rounder prior to the combine and just blew it all up during the workouts. Size, speed, and although you say he never produced in college, technically, he's done pretty well with the little opportunity he was given. He's a great run blocker, has a knack for the spectacular catches, and works hard to get yards after the catch. GT is a triple option offense. If he had been playing for a more traditional offense, or even with RG3 @ Baylor, Hill would be a top 15 pick.

What about Jeffreys potential, people say he is fat, out of shape ,undisciplined, a bad guy for getting kicked out of one game, and he still produced like a beast... What could Harbaugh do with him? By the way everyone thought he was 6'4" or
6'5"... because he played big!

No, not "exactly". You said the reason many of us want him is his 40 time. That again, is your opinion - since many of "us" were posting that we wanted him before the combine.

Not in the first round...
Share 49ersWebzone