LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Kevin Zeitler

If Fleener is gone like I think he will be, it wouldn't surprise one bit it Zeitler is the pick. Niners have a lot of talent on the OL but we've never been able to all the pieces together at once. Man, we are sooooo close! Hopefully Zeitler solidifies the RG spot which is our #1 need going into the draft.

If Fleener is my draft crush 1A, Zeitler is 1B. I could live with either one of them.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Posted this in the Casserly thread, this write up on Zeitler has me hoping we pick him.
Zeitler scouting report

Yes, it does make me want to draft him in the first round. He and Kilgore next to each other would be quite a change from Goodwin and Rachal/Snyder.
"He sets a level of practicing at that position that is second to none," said Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema, noting Zeitler has yet to allow a quarterback sack at Wisconsin."

Let this kid shore up the middle for many many years!
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
Again, as a Big 10 fan, ( Im a Penn State fan and my brother is a Wiscy fan ), Ive seen many Wisc/Zeitler games. He DESTROYED Still ( top 5 DL in the draft ) when we played them. Believe me, my brother was reminding me of that all day after I was pumping up Still before the game. This guy is a GREAT fit for our team. He was the pulling guard for MANY of the Badgers big running plays.

Check out how he drive blocks, pulls, moves in space and walls off holes ( this clip is vs two great run D's, Neb and Penn State )

RG #70 =

Can we get him and Fleener????
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Again, as a Big 10 fan, ( Im a Penn State fan and my brother is a Wiscy fan ), Ive seen many Wisc/Zeitler games. He DESTROYED Still ( top 5 DL in the draft ) when we played them. Believe me, my brother was reminding me of that all day after I was pumping up Still before the game. This guy is a GREAT fit for our team. He was the pulling guard for MANY of the Badgers big running plays.

Check out how he drive blocks, pulls, moves in space and walls off holes ( this clip is vs two great run D's, Neb and Penn State )

RG #70 =

Can we get him and Fleener????

The next best OG prospects what will be available at our pick in round 2 are probably Kelechi Osemele and Brandon Brooks =

and Brandon Brooks

Both would be making position changes and dont have anything close to Kevin's accolades. It just seems like Zeitler is more NFL ready for our vacant RG spot, a position he was an All American as. As much as I LOVE Fleener, maybe its best for the team to fill this need in round 1. Why risk taking any of these other players in round 2 or having to trade up for a Amini Silatolu? Is it "too early" for Zeitler? Maybe. maybe not. I remember very clearly people saying it was too early for Willis too and that worked out OK Id say. Id rather take a guy too early than too late. If we can make RG a strength and groom Kilgore for the long term C gig.....seems like a more logical choice in the short and long term.

One last thing...( posted in another thread about Zeitler )
He is just as decorated as Decastro, was in a power run game offense like DeCastro, has just as much experience as Decastro and comes from a major conference like Decastro. When you compare his combine stats to DeCastro, he's right there as well.

Decastro = 6'5" 316
Zeitler = 6'4" 314

Bench
Decastro ( 1 ) = 34
Zeitler ( 2 ) =32

Cone
Decastro ( 1 ) = 7.30
Zeitler ( 5 ) = 7.77

Shuttle
Decastro ( 2 ) = 4.56
Zeitler ( 4 ) 4.61

Vert
Decastro ( 5 ) = 29.5
Zeitler ( 7 ) = 29.0

Yet DeCastro is a top 15 pick while Zeitler is listed as an early 2nd rounder. If Fleener is gone, lets do this. If both are there, it will be an interesting choice for our team.
I really hope Zeitler is the Niners pick in round 1. Love Fleener but OG is just too important for this team. TE would be a luxury.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I really hope Zeitler is the Niners pick in round 1. Love Fleener but OG is just too important for this team. TE would be a luxury.

Exactly. We are in desperate need of a guard, not a TE.

Unless they think Fleener is better then VD, which i doubt, there is no point to select Fleener.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Have seen a couple of new mocks now with the Ravens taking Zeitler at #29 to replace Grubbs who they lost in FA.
If Fleener goes to broncos at #25 and Zeitler to Ravens at #29, Niners either have to trade up a couple of spots to get Zeitler or trade back into upper 2nd and take Silatolu.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
The next best OG prospects what will be available at our pick in round 2 are probably Kelechi Osemele and Brandon Brooks =

Both would be making position changes and dont have anything close to Kevin's accolades. It just seems like Zeitler is more NFL ready for our vacant RG spot, a position he was an All American as. As much as I LOVE Fleener, maybe its best for the team to fill this need in round 1. Why risk taking any of these other players in round 2 or having to trade up for a Amini Silatolu? Is it "too early" for Zeitler? Maybe. maybe not. I remember very clearly people saying it was too early for Willis too and that worked out OK Id say. Id rather take a guy too early than too late. If we can make RG a strength and groom Kilgore for the long term C gig.....seems like a more logical choice in the short and long term.

One last thing...( posted in another thread about Zeitler )
He is just as decorated as Decastro, was in a power run game offense like DeCastro, has just as much experience as Decastro and comes from a major conference like Decastro. When you compare his combine stats to DeCastro, he's right there as well.

Decastro = 6'5" 316
Zeitler = 6'4" 314

Bench
Decastro ( 1 ) = 34
Zeitler ( 2 ) =32

Cone
Decastro ( 1 ) = 7.30
Zeitler ( 5 ) = 7.77

Shuttle
Decastro ( 2 ) = 4.56
Zeitler ( 4 ) 4.61

Vert
Decastro ( 5 ) = 29.5
Zeitler ( 7 ) = 29.0

Yet DeCastro is a top 15 pick while Zeitler is listed as an early 2nd rounder. If Fleener is gone, lets do this. If both are there, it will be an interesting choice for our team.

Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

you are forgetting Glenn

If he's another Iupati:

.... If he's another Rachal:
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn is a Tackle - DeCastro, Zeitler, Silatolu, Osemele and Brooks are Guards.

most teams are looking as glenn as a G not a T
Originally posted by jreff22:
you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn will play guard
This guy is going to be a stud.

If we get him, i would be happy.
Share 49ersWebzone