There are 170 users in the forums

Kevin Zeitler

Scuttlebutt coming out of the Badger state is that Zietler would be the better Center and Konz the better Guard.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think this is my draft crush. Though I'd hope that our investments in first round lineman could produce a line that doesn't allow over 40 sacks.

Several mocks have us taking him at 30
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I think this is my draft crush. Though I'd hope that our investments in first round lineman could produce a line that doesn't allow over 40 sacks.

Several mocks have us taking him at 30

Same here, not a sexy pick but would like to see him and Davis on the right side.
I would be o.k. with him at 30
Why do people want Konz? The guy put up 18 reps on the bench and the guy gets hurt a lot. Zeitler seems like the better prospect and the physical guard we need.
zeitler loooks legit but i wouldnt take him over hill or fleener if either one of them is there
He is one of my favorites to solidify the line and I doubt he lasts long into the second round. Depends on how badly the 9ers need him...if they like Kilgore and Person then his value is less and the price too high. Many good players in this range so not much to worry about.
OG is the Niners greatest need. I would be fine with Zeitler as our first round pick. Solid choice.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Why do people want Konz? The guy put up 18 reps on the bench and the guy gets hurt a lot. Zeitler seems like the better prospect and the physical guard we need.

he is smart fundementally strong and doesnt get beat much if at all

as a C hes possibly a future all pro as a G he may come in at one of the best pass protecting G in nfl
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

as a C hes possibly a future all pro as a G he may come in at one of the best pass protecting G in nfl
04/09/2012 - 2012 NFL COMBINE MEDICAL RECHECK: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin (6-5, 314): Injuries have been an issue for the talented Wisconsin center, who suffered a blood clot in both lungs in 2009, a sprained ankle in 2010 and a dislocated ankle that forced him to miss the final few games of 2011. Konz was also forced to sit out at the combine and has yet to work out for pro teams, continuing his rehab on that ankle. He still expects to work out sometime in April, but durability is a bright red flag for Konz. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

I thinks there are legitimate injury concerns with Konz

Durability is an issue. Plus, people are talking as if we didn't address this position in last years draft. I have a good feeling about Project Kilgore. People are really sleeping on this guy.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
not worth it at #30, won't las 'til #62

Good observation. I agree.

I guess its confirmed, this is who we are taking then. The niners never listen to MD and always takes someone earlier than he feels they are worth. He will then turn out to be spectacular player and above our expectations. Still, if we can trade back into the colts position and pick up an extra pick so that so can use it to help move up in the 2nd with our own #2 or 3rd to grab someone we want, I would be happy with that.
Fleener is my draft crush, but if we can't get Fleener, then this is the guy I want even if we have to take him at 30. I prefer trading back a few, but if need be i'd be ok with Zeitler 30.

Living in the Bucky land the word is the coaches at WI like Zeitler as a pro over any of the linemen the program has sent up in the last decade, and WI has sent up some good O linemen in the last 5-7 years.

I think Zeitler is gonna be one of the most successful players from this draft.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

04/09/2012 - 2012 NFL COMBINE MEDICAL RECHECK: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin (6-5, 314): Injuries have been an issue for the talented Wisconsin center, who suffered a blood clot in both lungs in 2009, a sprained ankle in 2010 and a dislocated ankle that forced him to miss the final few games of 2011. Konz was also forced to sit out at the combine and has yet to work out for pro teams, continuing his rehab on that ankle. He still expects to work out sometime in April, but durability is a bright red flag for Konz. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

I thinks there are legitimate injury concerns with Konz

Considering these things, it's no surprise why he might fall out of the 1st. He's a tremendous football player when he's on the field, but these red flags and a so-so combine may cause too much concern despite the talent and upside.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Posted this in the Casserly thread, this write up on Zeitler has me hoping we pick him.
Zeitler scouting report
Share 49ersWebzone