LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

OTC's 2012 first round mock

Can't believe all the hate OTC got for his mock.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Can't believe all the hate OTC got for his mock.

It's the danger of doing a mock before Free Agency starts. They'll love me in a week when it's a new player they like. Unless it's not.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM ]
It's a sad reality to see Stephen Hill go that far up.
Don't want, lol
don't like it
Not feelin' it. Obviously he would help, but more long-term...in my opinion. According to your mock, Fleener is still available. I'm taking him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Fleener, Wright or Hill. Apparently you're only allowed to take over-hyped pass catches in these parts.

Likelihood of landing any of them? Slim.

OTC put together a realistic mock.
I agree that it is very unlikely the Skins would take Tannehill at 6. If they really want him I see them moving down in rd 1 and then selecting him. I dont think he warrants more than a late round #1 pick at best.
My take........great value pick at #30. Baalke already showed that the defense is still important by re-signing Brooks and Brockers will be a monster.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Fleener, Wright or Hill. Apparently you're only allowed to take over-hyped pass catches in these parts.

You nor I know who's going to live up to the hype. I believe it's a realistic mock, but would still prefer Fleener as in my opinion.. he's a sure fire pick.

Brockers... I would prefer over wright and hill.

Ha Ha, this mock is already outdatted. The Rams just traded the pick to the Skins for 3 1's and a 2 I believe.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Btw, I wouldn't mind the Brockers pick knowing he's got a good shot at becoming a talented 3-4 DE. But if Fleener is there at #30, I can't see us passing him up given his connection with Harbaugh, how critical playmaking TEs are to what JH does and Fleener's already deep knowledge of the playbook. It's a match made in heaven.

Though OTC's point about our DEs is valid (one is injury-prone and other is aging), we currently have 4 guys on the roster that could step in and at least hold down the fort (RJF, Tukuafu, Dobbs and even Soap). There's also nice depth at this position in later rounds with guys like Kendall Reyes, Billy Winn, Derek Wolfe, Kheeston Randall, Jaye Howard, Akiem Hicks, Dominique Hamilton, Tydreke Powell, etc., available for development in later rounds. Granted, none have the upside as Brockers, but IMO, the 3-4 DE position is one where you can get away with having a little less talent, so long as you make up for it with overall size/strength/toughness, unselfishness and tenacity.

But the TE depth in this draft is horrid, and there's nobody that comes close to having the overall attributes/potential that Fleener does (IMO, he's Todd Heap and Jermaine Gresham in one package), especially when you take into consideration who his coach was in college and what system he learned.

And at 6'6", he's a guy you can split out near the goal line and cause a ton of mismatches....the possibilities are endless with Davis, Walker and Fleener at TE.

Excellent post, Ghost....

Couldn't agree more.

Cheers!
^^
as of now our WR are

crabtree
KW
hastinfs

thats it morgan and ginn are FA brett swaon is FA

and with that at WR i really dont get why people want fleener when WR is a clear need

its a sad day when you want ted ginn as a WR
Originally posted by okdkid:

actually the only one I see being gone is Wright
I told you it was unlikely Skins take Tannehill at #6
Share 49ersWebzone