There are 205 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's 2012 first round mock

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Jeez, some people are torching OTC in the comments section.

Personally, I'd take Fleener.

Yeah, its unfortunate.

A lot of the new posters think its acceptable to really go after people for making projections/predictions in the draft.

Hazard of commenting about the draft is you attract plenty of haters.
It's wish list mentality vs. consideration for reality and it's hardly surprising to me. We had people calling Aldon Smith a probable bust before he even set foot on the field. Knee-jerk reactions to a simple mock is the lesser of insanity that occurs on this board.

Some people just scream about anything before giving it thought.

I was instructed to compile the mock without trades aside from the Rams pick, so I didn't incorporate any other trades into it. I love Fleener, but the mass hysteria and absolutely absurd "Fleener or nobody" mentality is getting beyond out of hand. People need to calm down.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]

Yea, went out and took care of them. Props to OTC!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's wish list mentality vs. consideration for reality and it's hardly surprising to me. We had people calling Aldon Smith a probable bust before he even set foot on the field. Knee-jerk reactions to a simple mock is the lesser of insanity that occurs on this board.

I was instructed to compile the mock without trades aside from the Rams pick, so I didn't incorporate any other trades into it. I love Fleener, but the mass hysteria and absolutely absurd "Fleener or nobody" mentality is getting beyond out of hand. People need to calm down.

OTC, make some more trades if you want (while describing the trade in the comments). I did not mean to limit you in trades. If you feel there is a legitimate trade to be made, go ahead. I just said that because I saw one mock that had like 10 trades in the first round which seemed excessive. And it had the 49ers trading their pick as one of those picks so I could not even see who they thought the 49ers would select -- which made me sad -- even if it was realistic. If there is an obvious additional trade or two, go right ahead for your next version.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Yeah, its unfortunate.

A lot of the new posters think its acceptable to really go after people for making projections/predictions in the draft.

Hazard of commenting about the draft is you attract plenty of haters.

People who react like that no nothing about the prospects besides their names. They don't consider whether or not said prospects are good fits for our schemes or take account their potential. For me, Brockers is an interesting prospect. I'm a little worried about his one year wonder in LSU, then his combine performance. I rank him under Fletcher Cox.
PS - I think it is a solid mock. And there is nothing I love more than a little controversy (brings readers in). NO ONE had us selecting Aldon Smith last year. And I mean that. Just look at the Mock Draft section of last year's Draft War Room: http://www.49erswebzone.com/draft/2011/

Not one Aldon Smith prediction.
Originally posted by ninertico:

I 'liked' your comment LOL
Originally posted by Webmaster:
PS - I think it is a solid mock. And there is nothing I love more than a little controversy (brings readers in). NO ONE had us selecting Aldon Smith last year. And I mean that. Just look at the Mock Draft section of last year's Draft War Room: http://www.49erswebzone.com/draft/2011/

Not one Aldon Smith prediction.

McShay had us picking Aldon in a mock last year, your argument is invalid
Originally posted by valrod33:

I am invalrod?

I meant of the listed mocks. I still remember how ticked off most people were after that pick. The fans were like, "WHOOO?!!!"

I am invalrod?

I meant of the listed mocks. I still remember how ticked off most people were after that pick. The fans were like, "WHOOO?!!!"

come at me bro
come at me bro

You like chorizo? You know you do especially with huevos.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Appreciate the kind word, tico.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

OTC, make some more trades if you want (while describing the trade in the comments). I did not mean to limit you in trades. If you feel there is a legitimate trade to be made, go ahead. I just said that because I saw one mock that had like 10 trades in the first round which seemed excessive. And it had the 49ers trading their pick as one of those picks so I could not even see who they thought the 49ers would select -- which made me sad -- even if it was realistic. If there is an obvious additional trade or two, go right ahead for your next version.

Generally I prefer to make actual "mocks" without trades incorporated, but for the sake of realism, I think if we want it to be as close to the real thing, there will likely be at least 3 trades in round one. I can see Washington, and several teams in the 20s looking to move back, including us possibly.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM ]
meh a DT
I could see Skins taking Tannehill at 6. A lot will depend how FA shakes out. Flynn would be a fit w/Skins and Browns. Seahaws really need a QB and are picking after Skins and I see them taking Tannehill if he there. So, it is realistic for the Skins to take Tannehill.

I also like Fleener at 30.
want to trade back